Sasquatch Soup - What Does It Take To Bring Hairy In?

Hammer102492

Hi Guys,

I just had to report that at 9pm, I flipped the porch light on and went out on our porch to have a cigarette.  As I was playing word feud with a friend, the word he played was "gun."  I was thinking about tomorrow's opening day of gun week, and how the deer, (and maybe SSQ if they are still around), would be having a big headache tomorrow.  Then in the perfect silence of the night, I heard a BIG TREE KNOCK!  It was in our back field / woods area, maybe on the hill.  There was no question that it was a tree knock!  It was loud and clear.  It was no deer rubbing or whatever, it sounded like a baseball bat hitting a big tree.  It almost sounded like at a baseball game when someone hits a home run.  WOW!!!  I went upstairs and woke up my husband and informed him that SSQ is still here.  He said that anything could have made that sound, but he didn't hear it. 

I sent out a little mental message if they pick up on that sort of thing and said, "Good luck tomorrow, there are going to be guys with guns everywhere in this valley.  I said that there wouldn't be anyone hunting on our property so if they wanted to hide out here, they could." Then I remembered that my husband said that he might go out in the afternoon.  He wants to get two deer for some winter food.  So I asked that they not hurt him, and he wouldn't hurt them.  I also asked while I was at it, that it would be nice if they showed themselves to him so he could have an experience too. 

As if, talking to BF in my mind isn't crazy sounding, but what the heck?  It couldn't hurt and after all I just heard the tree knock!!

Wow, so I guess they are still hanging around here.  This may confirm an incident that happened Friday night.  We couldn't find one of our cats and we thought that he may have escaped out the door at night.  We like to have them in at night so they don't get eaten by coyotes.  So we looked all over the house and decided that it must have escaped.  It was about this time of night, so I went outside on the porch and called his name and then called "treats, treats treats!"  Nothing.  After about 20 minutes, I went back out and called him again only louder.  I was kind of having fun listening to my voice echo off the valley hills.  I went back inside and after awhile the dummy came waltzing into the living room.  That's how cats are sometimes.  In any case, about 3am I woke up and got up for a couple of minutes and went back to bed.  I was reading news on my phone in bed and all of the sudden a rock hit the side of the house near our bedroom window, then I heard a crazy kind of howl.  The cat was alarmed and so was I.  My husband didn't wake up.  I'm like, OK, here we go again. 

Something similar happened to me in the summer when I called out in the valley and later that night, a rock hit near our other bedroom window with a similar reaction by me and the cat.

So, I guess you can add that to the SSQ Soup recipe.  Others can say that I am crazy, but I know that I have sympathetic friends here on the BFF. 

What I know for sure is that I heard tonight at 9pm what sounded like a classic tree knock. 

Good luck to all you deer hunters tomorrow, I hope you get one.  And if you see SSQ in the meantime, please don't shoot it. 

Thanks for listening.  :)

Hammer

Edited by Hammer102492
  • Upvote 1

Thanks.   Yeah.   Sounds like we're asking the same questions.    I want to know what I'm dealing with and how they do what they do.   So far as the "soup" to bring them in?   Myself.  I'm the only bait I have that works.   Go to the woods, do something odd and hopefully entertaining enough to pique their curiosity.   Be vulnerable while doing it so it's safe for them to come investigate.  

That's easy to say from the comfort of my couch and keyboard.   Not so easy when I'm diving off into a hole that, based on lack of tracks, nobody else has been into for a decade, looking for something that isn't supposed to exist, and suspecting it knows I'm coming.  "Whee."

MIB

I enjoyed your post MIB!  I think that your SSQ Soup recipe and mine are similar.  :)

^^ BY a whole different level, do you mean they are possibly above us for intelligence?

I have no idea.  I think that we are just starting to learn how they behave. 

Something similar happened to me in the summer when I called out in the valley and later that night, a rock hit near our other bedroom window with a similar reaction by me and the cat.

So, I guess you can add that to the SSQ Soup recipe.  Others can say that I am crazy, but I know that I have sympathetic friends here on the BFF. 

It doesn't take too many of those knocks & rocks on the wall & roof in answer to your thoughts, to get the idea that somebody out there can hear you thinking.  :whistle:

Doesn't sound crazy to me.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't sound crazy to me.

Crazy is being unwilling to follow the data because you don't like where it leads.   :)

MIB

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, I just wanted to say goodbye for awhile.  I'm "going dark." 

I'll be back when I have something that I can report.  

Don't worry, I'll be lurking from time to time. 

You all have been so wonderful!  This forum has helped me find a lot of answers.  I continue those efforts now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

God bless you all and have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and enjoy the season!

Peace out,

Hammer  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Awe shucks you guys! I really appreciate that. I'm trying to be good and follow instructions of some ppl helping me here, so I can't go on like before. It's hard, like giving up smoking and every.now and then you just want one cigarette! Haha. So I just got to be cool for now, but I just wanted to say thank you so much!

Merry Christmas to all!

I just figured out a way to post without giving up the ghost, AND still include my thoughts with music.  I'll see you all on the campfire chat thread, "What are you listening to now."

I'm gone!

Hammer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back!  I have decided to take a different course with the research here.  Going dark is not the best thing in my opinion.  I can't not talk to you guys about all this stuff!  I am also limiting my exposure here as well.  I'm not going to have anything recorded.  I just felt to some extent that it would violate my trust with the creature.  So it can continue to stay busy being free.  I'll probably never get solid evidence as a result, but I'm OK with that.  As long as my husband gets to see or hear it, is all I really care about.  If he keeps cooking with his smoker for hours, I'm sure it will still hang around.  Nothing has happened since I last posted about the big tree knock the night before opening day of gun week. 

Did you all hear the breaking news that Bob Gimlin is going to speak at the Ohio Bigfoot Conference at Salt Fork State Park, April 26th?  HOW COOL IS THAT!  Congratulations and thank you to all who made that happen. 

Well, off to other fun threads now!  :)    Song playing now is, "...row, Jimmy row" by the Grateful Dead.  "Gonna get there, I don't know..."  So I'll continue to row down this Bigfoot River as it were.

What brings SSQ into your space?

Here's my recipe for Sasquatch Soup:

• The bottom of a small valley surrounded by wilderness, trees, water and wildlife.
  • After seeing track evidence and hearing them on the hill tops of the ridges above a valley at a junction of creeks. 
  • A smoker making bacon or kilbasi
  • Frying thick sliced bologna with teriyaki until the meat is near black for BF, and grilling a well trimmed pork chop for me.
  • a campfire with friends, food and fun
  • Being alone, no campfire unless cold weather, with a little Chet Atkins playing  away from the cooking area.
  • good music that lifts your spirits and the ones around you
  • Yep, it lifted mine; don't know whether the Boogers liked it or not. 
  • a warm evening
  • Hot, warm, cool or cold as a witch's heart.
  • a full moon
  • TILT!!!! :-(   The suckers would NEVER come in close for me on a full moon! I could hear the whoops, hollering and them making  owl or day-bird calls but they were a quarter mile or more away from my normal camp site. (I think that because the moonlight is as bright to them as daylight was to me, they thought I would be able to clearly see them if they walked around the camp like they usually did on darker nights.) 
  • good energy
  • Well, I didn't have a lot of that left on some nights after walking all day over some pretty rough country. They've brought me out of the sleep mode many times, and some times I wished they would go deer hunting and let me alone. I flat slept through when one of them in a different group in the river bottoms came up and yelled at me about  2 AM. Didn't know it for months until I listened to a tape that was recording it. (It was 23 degrees that night, and my head was under every layer of bed covering in the camper.) I did hear him come back later and slap my aluminum ladder off the side of the camper where it was leaning. By then the recorder tape had run to a stop. I loaded another tape and crawled back under the covers.

This is a fun thread to share what made good soup for you if you have had an experience. 

Thanks!

Hammer

Thanks for starting the thread Hammer.

Edited by Branco

Very cool Branco!  Regarding the full moon, that's when we heard it, we didn't see it.  Makes sense. 

You have been experienced  as Jimi Hendrix would say! 

Thank YOU.  :)