Skeptics

Guest JiggyPotamus

Right.

Reading reports requires reading them...really, really sorry but a WHOLE LOT OF THEM...and asking oneself practical questions while one is doing all this reading.  Prefacing the read with "well this can't be real, so let's keep that in mind" is what most who style themselves "skeptics" are doing.  And that dulcimer could have Jimmy Page whacking on it with a theremin and they're going, huh?  What noise?

It's gonna be really really hard to get me to Just Believe You when it's obvious to me that you aren't reading these, or thinking about them, and actually putting together in your mind what a singular historical accomplishment The Comprehensive Bigfoot Joke We Are All Playing On Ourselves would absolutely HAVE to be.  (Hint.  You can't show me anything close.)

The other threads are all complaining about the skeptics blogging up their atmosphere,

hmmm seems like there is still oxygen in here.

Skeptics, should head over to Urban Bigfoot thread

and tear into my latest audio clips and video.

I would like some critical opinions, so have at it.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

You know Darrell, how sincere someone appears is probably the last thing I would consider when judging credibility.

I call this inability to discern "The Dulcimer Quotient" in the memory and honor of a long ago former girlfriend, on the occasion of me commenting how good the dulcimer sounded in the mix of a particular recording we were listening to. She didn't hear it, and adamantly refused to believe there was any dulcimer being played, and to prove it, she recited to me all the OTHER instruments on the track (and she was correct on that point at least), but steadfastly refused to credit what was obvious to me. So, yes, we had to get out the album cover and pore over the credits to verify what was obviously there....to me. Point being, some have the ability, and some don't. Me, I can't tell black from navy blue. (I also am very bad at letting a woman just be wrong when she wants to be).

So, this is a little like that to me. Instead of acknowledging that maybe you need a lesson in critical reading skills and analytical reasoning, you just insist you can't hear the dulcimer, so there can't possibly be one being played. There is no correspondence course for that. You are just on your own.

And according to Sasfooty, some people have the ability to see Bigfoot, and some people just don't...

Right.

Reading reports requires reading them...really, really sorry but a WHOLE LOT OF THEM...and asking oneself practical questions while one is doing all this reading.  Prefacing the read with "well this can't be real, so let's keep that in mind" is what most who style themselves "skeptics" are doing.  And that dulcimer could have Jimmy Page whacking on it with a theremin and they're going, huh?  What noise?

It's gonna be really really hard to get me to Just Believe You when it's obvious to me that you aren't reading these, or thinking about them, and actually putting together in your mind what a singular historical accomplishment The Comprehensive Bigfoot Joke We Are All Playing On Ourselves would absolutely HAVE to be.  (Hint.  You can't show me anything close.)

Yet again, there you go with your there is only one conclusion here and it's mine rant. How, in this world, would one demonstrate to you that one has read reports, a WHOLE LOT OF THEM, yet still ( brace yourself) not arrive at the same conclusion as you?  In your mind that scenario does not exist.  That is what others here have mentioned. You tell people how they should think about Bigfoot and then expect them not to argue with you.  You quite loudly and clearly proclaim only people of lesser intelligence would disagree with you.  And then you don't expect resistance?

(I also am very bad at letting a woman just be wrong when she wants to be).

I truly feel your pain in that regard, me brother.

So, this is a little like that to me. Instead of acknowledging that maybe you need a lesson in critical reading skills and analytical reasoning, you just insist you can't hear the dulcimer, so there can't possibly be one being played. There is no correspondence course for that. You are just on your own.

Got it !

"Applies critical thinking only to that which opposes the absence of a Dulcimer".

Not so sure Darrell.

There is a much bigger picture here if BF 'reality' was proven.

The great outdoors might not be so 'great' any more. Those off trail hikes in the national park may not be so alluring as they once were.

There would of course be a clamour from mainstream science to get a handle on these creatures and let's not forget the heat the government would take for not being aware these potentially harmful giants were living in our swamps and forests along side us.

The discovery of BF would have a impact on much more than 1% of the population.

I wanna see Jimmy Page whacking a dulcimer with a theramin.

Jimbo plays a very mean Dulcimer and Theramin.

And he is renowned for his ability to always let a woman be wrong when she wants to be.

As a Bass player who also plays the Dulcimer, I can tell you unequivocally that the latter is far more impressive and difficult than the former.

Forget about Bigfoot;

I wanna see Jimmy Page whacking a dulcimer with a theramin.

The cool thing about this is that Jimmy's right there, and....OK, he may be a bit old for it now, but most of humanity vouches that at one point all you would have had to do is ask, and roll cameras.  Kind of a big difference there between Pagey and sasquatch.

Of course, if P and G had been packing instrument, things might have been different.

As a guitar player who has played a dulcimer and owns

a theramin I seriously want someone to make this happen. The logistics baffle me lol

Pagesy looking a little long in the tooth when I caught him late last night....2007 "Celebration Day" concert. Still doing very good imitations of Chuck Berry's chin jutting strut, I must say. I understand their next outing is going to launch as the "Hammered Dulcimers of the Gods" tour.

"And according to Sasfooty, some people have the ability to see Bigfoot, and some people just don't..."

Dmaker...that seems remarkable to you I take it? Spend some time with different people out of doors in different situations and you'll find this is the norm. Some can spot arrowheads in a plowed field. To others they are invisible. Some can see a 175 lb deer standing in the middle distance, and some will swear you are seeing things for saying it is there. If you are standing on a rock ledge at the top of a N. Ga. mountain, and there is a pygymy rattler coiled at your feet, don't be surprises if somebody has to literally point it out to others...who still won't see it.

In this life, some are better smellers. Some are better listeners, and some have access to the 6th sense you **** well better appreciate and listen to. Only most of us silly modern humans have the belief everybody has a standard software package that is not upgradeable. To some of us though, we appreciate there are some who have enhanced talents and we don't all of us stand on an equal footing in that regard. This used to be common knowledge because so much depended on the abilities of your company. Consult any combat infantry veteran you know if you think I'm making this up.

• Upvote 1