Skeptics

Guest JiggyPotamus

I saw them in 1973 and again in 1977 when Jimbo was truly in his prime.

He had a complete arsenal of Axe's available to him. But his best stuff was whenever he rode that tricked out Gibson Melodymaker.

Most sivilized people's wild skills have atrophied, badly; and this goes largely unremarked.

Spend time in the woods with somebody who spends a lot of time there and you'll start believing in "sixth sense," which in my opinion is simply finely tuned employment of the other five, that most of us are too suburbanized/urbanized to either possess or appreciate.  Plus, sure, a little something extra that science hasn't nailed down.  But then again, until recently science hadn't nailed down a knee ligament that has been in there all this time, so take anything science says about what it hasn't nailed down with a large crystal of salt.

He had a complete arsenal of Axe's available to him. But his best stuff was whenever he rode that tricked out Gibson Melodymaker.

'75 and '77.  Bought a ticket from a scalper for the former.  Twenty bucks.  Yes times have changed.

"And according to Sasfooty, some people have the ability to see Bigfoot, and some people just don't..."

Dmaker...that seems remarkable to you I take it? 

Remarkable and delusional as well.  Your examples are good ones though!  

t.

Guest Darrell

Not so sure Darrell.

There is a much bigger picture here if BF 'reality' was proven.

The great outdoors might not be so 'great' any more. Those off trail hikes in the national park may not be so alluring as they once were.

There would of course be a clamour from mainstream science to get a handle on these creatures and let's not forget the heat the government would take for not being aware these potentially harmful giants were living in our swamps and forests along side us.

The discovery of BF would have a impact on much more than 1% of the population.

Nope. You are tripping into the bigfooters reality now. Not every person that gets eaten, missing, or killed in the woods is the work of bigfoot, if they exist. We have wolves, mountain lion, and bears all over the woods and they do thier part in reducing the human population, yet we still have tems of millions of people camping and hiking all over. I think the biggest rift will be right here, in the bigfoot shire. All those people who claim the paranormal experiences, the habituation stuff, seeing bigfoot all over the US, will probably be shown to be frauds or just crazy. They you all will drift right back into your in fighting and fueds. Of course science will study them and document their behaviour, which will counter most of the claims of what everybody thinks they know now. Then you all will accuse science and the govt for covering up the real truth about them. Kinda just like it is now.  All the while people will still go to work, watch sports, make babies, buy cars, commit crimes, start wars, Society and religion will trod forth and life goes on.  

I recall Sasfooty saying something like that. I think was in regard to people abilities/inabilities to see the big guy in blobsquatch photos.

Guest Darrell

^So now you need to have some sort of special ability to see bigfoot in photos? Does that seem even remotely rational to anyone? claims like that resemble a wood Barvian clock with a bird that pops out.

Edited by Darrell

Darrell....why would that be any different? I have one sister who absolutely can't see the images on those old "magic eye" puzzles, remember those? I have another who is able to do that with no effort at all. If you have spotted a BF in your life, I'm willing to entertain the idea that you'll be that much quicker to recognize them in a picture. Why woud that be so outlandish to say?  

Where we can sometimes get in the weeds with Sasquatch discussion is the idea that they are exempt from the reality we all recognize in our everyday lives. Recognizing the face of your best friend, wife and even your mother's was learned by you, and that information is stored in specific neural pathways. Some learn better than others, and others recall images easier than others. Really, it is an ordinary, unremarkable human trait.  But, if you lack that ability (like my sister) you would be prone to discount what others are seeing. That may help you overcome your feelings of inadequacy, but it won't help you to understand what really might be at work.    

(For a fascinating look at how facial recognition works, you can search for clinical studies of individuals who have had TBI's and have lost the ability to recognize faces, even their own!) 

He aired out the double-necked Gibson 1275 as well. One of the only guys who can actually make playing that monstrosity look in the least bit cool....add a cello bow and you got a pretty high potential geek factor to overcome, I think!    

I think the biggest rift will be right here, in the bigfoot shire. All those people who claim the paranormal experiences, the habituation stuff, seeing bigfoot all over the US, will probably be shown to be frauds or just crazy. 

They'll just move on to little people and the paranormal so all will be well in their world once again. 

t.

Remarkable and delusional as well.  Your examples are good ones though!  

t.

This much I can tell you with absolute certainty, Terry.

When they want you to see them, they're impossible to miss.

Nothing so futile as to try and convince someone of their own inability to perceive something and have them concede that others might be doing something they cannot.  Sic transit gloria mundi.

Moderator Statement:

I'll never understand why things have to get personal in the discussions between skeptics and proponents, including habituators. Analogies to clocks, calling others crazy... completely unnecessary. So is calling others lame for their lack of belief.

Maybe it's because the skeptical want proof of extraordinary claims, while those making such claims feel no need to provide adequate evidence, so they insist that the skeptical - who don't really believe in the creature, mind you - get out and search for evidence of a creature they don't believe exists.

At any rate, this thread, just as all of the others, has started to devolve in general civility. If it continues, it will be shut down and punitive measures will be assessed. You have all been warned.

Guest Darrell

^Are you posting as a Moderator? Because if you are you are actually using your position as a moderator to limit rebuttle by those being attacked in this thread. How is it a thread can be started blasting skeptics for not being reasonable or for being denialists and use preposterous and crazy claims and we cant call the kook a kook?