The Fight Or Flight , Overwhelming Feeling Of Fear..

Well, there you are.  Dian Fossey had to grab trees to keep herself from running when silverback gorillas came at her.

But she didn't run...and that may be a big part of the reason we still have mountain gorillas.

It's happened to me twice. The first time, I was sitting out in the area behind their pond trying to get one to come out so I could see her. She was close, but I couldn't tell where. After a few minutes, it sounded like sand was raining down into the leaves, all around, but I held out my hands & couldn't feel it hitting me.

After it stopped, it felt like something dangerous was coming. It didn't seem to be something on the ground, but like it was coming from the west, in the sky. It was coming slowly, & I had time to think about it & decide to not be afraid. When it got stronger, I imagined it being sent back to whoever was sending it, & it stopped instantly. She never came out & it felt like she was gone when the fear thing stopped.

The next time it happened, my neighbor & I were walking around the fence row just before dark. When we were about halfway, a heavy fog suddenly rose & we could hardly see where we were going. We had to walk pass a little thicket that the BFs use, & it was so scary that we almost couldn't make ourselves go past it. A few yards after we got past it, the fog thinned enough that we could see the house, & it wasn't scary anymore. I don't know if they were doing that one, or if we just scared ourselves.

Guest Darrell

^So is this becoming an Infrasound thing or are you saying that bigfoot has some psychic ability to make you afraid?

^So is this becoming an Infrasound thing or are you saying that bigfoot has some psychic ability to make you afraid?

I'm not saying one way or the other. Just telling what happened.

Guest TexasTracker

If you read up on infrasound and the testing that's been done (both by military and academics), the frequencies just below where we can hear cause some strange things to happen. The human eye will oscillate, possibly explaining visual hallucinations. It very frequently induces feelings of dread or fear. Those frequencies can also cause damage to your insides (hollow organs) if the exposure is severe.

Those exact results are the reason the military has looked in to developing this as a tool for crowd control, possibly more.

I'm sure somebody out there would love to see references...  

Anyone else out there researched infrasound before??? Can you guys verify this w me?

I can't say I fully buy into the infrasound thing, but it starts to make sense

CG 

I would reccommend reading both the Gift of Fear by De Becker and On Combat by Grossman to gain a better understanding of controlling and understanding fear. That said, I have never experienced anything alone in the woods that could be attributed to a bigfoot trying to scare me. However, I spent a lot of time in some very ugly places with people who were trying to shoot me so I do understand fear.  If someone sees or feels a bigfoot behind every bush, and it makes them afraid, then maybe being in the woods isnt where they should be.

Most of the time when we enter the woods, bigfoot is multiple miles away, and not behind every tenth bush. Our over sensitive awareness can cause the woods experience to be skewed and unnatural  while in search of bigfoot. Bigfoot probably can read the tension. Every bird call, or animal noise becomes a........ is that a bigfoot? If I don't see foot prints, broken branches or poop, then most likely bigfoot is nowhere near, so my imagination needs to be reeled in while kicking and screaming.

Anyone who has seen bigfoot has beat the 'infa..tesimal' odds, or they just happen to live by a bigfoot clan. So..... if we are lucky or unlucky depending on your point of view, can we value the experience or vow to never step foot in the woods again? Withstanding a bluff charge or feeling freaked out from infrasound while on a nightime walk is not my idea of a good bigfoot encounter. If I enter bigfoot's yard, I hope to be welcomed as what may have happened one time.  

Edited by georgerm

I get what youre saying george. The theory i read just stated that if you always run away or become easily intimidated you might NEVER see one, thats all.

Tigers paralyze with their roar. Why not Bigfoot?

I can produce multiple recorded tiger's roars. Bigfoot? Nope.

I felt that fear, and it was quite overwhelming. So much, that I could proceed no further down the trail, at night. I was definitely being paced by something (unseen), from a distance (15-20 yds) off trail. I was going for about a 10 minute walk, to place a recorder in a pre determined location.

It could have been my own fear and mind causing the effects, but I can honestly say.. that it never happened before, nor has it happened since that one incident. I come to no conclusion on what actually caused it.. besides, that it did happen.

My mind became cloudy and confused, and my legs became very heavy, and I was drenched in sweat with my heart pounding. I became winded, had dry mouth, and then just had to stop in my tracks.. hunched over, and feeling like I was going to become sick. I ended up abandoning the original purpose for the walk.

The bad feeling cleared up, when I decided to turn around and get back (quickly) to camp. On my way back, there was a tremendous thud / thump.. sounding like a large rock or log was slammed on the ground, to my north. I was almost running , after that.. back to the other two investigators, standing by the fire and awaiting my return. Two others, were already sleeping in tents, and slept through the incident.

True story... and make of it, what you will

Edited by imonacan

@Incorrigible1:  I had the ability to make fog.  Whole platoon of smoke generators mounted in tandem on gammagoats back in '83.  We used to vaporize hundreds of gallons of low weight oil and re-condense it to create tens of square miles of fog.  Ended up re-writing a lot of the doctrine on battlefield obscuration.  It was also good for suppressing mosquitoes in the marshy areas on Fort Lewis.

Didn't occur to me at the time that what we were doing might be attributed to bigfoot.

It never occurred to me that somebody would insinuate that I think BF makes fog, either, but we do have all kinds here.

Actually, it isn't unusual at all for fog to form quickly in the low areas around here, & that night was no different. It can be heavy in a low area, (like the one we were in) & thin out quickly with a short rise in elevation.

Here's an example, taken from my front porch.

Fog2_zps4c519690.jpg