Fred Eichler Video Update

norseman

I'd say human. If we are to believe the PGF and eyewitnesses, there is no neck to speak of on a BF. This figure seems to have a clearly defined neck to shoulder area.

post-3145-0-03132100-1389374352_thumb.jp

I'd say human. If we are to believe the PGF and eyewitnesses, there is no neck to speak of on a BF. This figure seems to have a clearly defined neck to shoulder area.

Actually, looking at the same still I don't get that impression.

If that small protuberance about 2/3 or so down the head (on the right) is the nose - a not too unreasonable presumption - then the jawline appears to be below the shoulder, a characteristic of great apes.

Not saying what this is or might be; just saying what struck me when I read your post.

Edited by DWA

About all I can say is...interesting..

"Ditto"  Intriguing but inconclusive. 

MIB

Actually, looking at the same still I don't get that impression.

If that small protuberance about 2/3 or so down the head (on the right) is the nose - a not too unreasonable presumption - then the jawline appears to be below the shoulder, a characteristic of great apes.

Not saying what this is or might be; just saying what struck me when I read your post.

Okay, here is a series of stills from the video that I was able to capture with my own meager abilities. The figure is moving from right to left in the video (in other words, offscreen). I see what you are referencing as a protuberance. However, if that is indeed a nose, the figure either has to have its head rotated completely around to the left, looking over its shoulder (something that great apes cannot do, and something that is claimed BF cannot do), or be walking backwards. If you watch the video (which shows better than these stills), the figure's arm has a natural elbow curvature as you would expect as it is swinging which rules out walking backwards. Therefore I submit, that the head and neck sit well above the shoulder line as one would expect with seeing a human subject. I'm not saying what it is or isn't, just that it strikes me as a human.

post-3145-0-07088300-1389408632_thumb.jp

post-3145-0-15368500-1389408646_thumb.jp

post-3145-0-50546900-1389408660_thumb.jp

post-3145-0-70947100-1389408673_thumb.jp

Moving from right to left and we only get the piece from the last 20% or so of the screen?  I'm no video expert, but why is there no footage for the rightmost 80% of the screen, or why do we not see it enter from the left if that is the case?

It seems misleading.

It's the camera.   Unless you go very high end, they can take a second or more from detection to taking pictures.   Takes a while for batteries to charge up the capacitors.   Most of the cheap cameras, that most people are using especially on public land where cameras have a way of growing legs and walking off, run 1 to 1.2 seconds from detection to photograph.   If the subject is just moving by, especially if it walks fairly quickly, this is about all I'd expect to see.   The really good cameras have a delay of about 1/5 of a second, but that's a $600-ish camera, a lot more to lose than a sub $200 camera.

That says something about a fault of the assumptions people make about why there are no BF on trail cameras as well.   If they were all Reconyx, we might have something.    Cheap $100 cameras, not so much.

MIB

Edited by MIB

Glad you posted this norseman. I read a while back on a hunting forum that it was a hoax done by one of the outfitters guides bur when I went back to look for that info I couldn't find it again. Everything I have read or heard about Fred is he is a stand up guy so it's nice to hear it from his mouth.

Ok, so it's the camera, purposely aimed at near distance denser foliage in order to catch a glimpse of, a bear?  The way it's positioned, it will only get a shot of a bear directly between it and the thicket or a bear on either side.  Conveniently, a "squatch" can approach the camera directly from behind the thicket, then pass off to the left of the camera, providing only a fleeting glimpse.  So let's say that the squatch is aware enough of the camera that it knows to screen itself on approach using the thicket, but then decides to expose itself at the end while veering around it.

I don't buy it.  I think it is an amateurish hoax designed to attract viewers while making no direct claims.

Oops, guess I should have read Norseman's and Ky Woodsman's posts.

Hello chelefoot,

A well-timed *facepalm* is an art form. You have the touch.

@ItsAsquatch,

LOL.Your own timing is pretty good too. All we need is dmaker's "two 'possums" and it will be like old times around here!

DMAKER! I don't believe it! You read my mind and got your post in before mine......GOOD ONE!

Edited by hiflier

Glad you posted this norseman. I read a while back on a hunting forum that it was a hoax done by one of the outfitters guides bur when I went back to look for that info I couldn't find it again. Everything I have read or heard about Fred is he is a stand up guy so it's nice to hear it from his mouth.

Looking into it I had read the same chatter.

I would think if this was a joke and Fred was in on it he would have came clean fairly quickly. The fact that he still denies any knowledge, says volumes to me.

It tells me that he as the film owner is legit. What's in the film is the same question we have with any Bigfoot video......hoax or cryptid?