This Would Be Awesome

ThePhaige

True. But the lion tamer with the whip in the cage approach, is still smarter than the Timothy "I treat grizzly bears like my poodle" treadwell approach.

If anything, Treadwell's girlfriend, whilst mostly innocent, was more stupid than her b/f.

To the "mean well" bigfooters out there, wild animals are precisely that. They do not understand your good intentions, they cannot sense your good intentions, your good intentions could very well get you seriously injured or worse.

If anything, Treadwell's girlfriend, whilst mostly innocent, was more stupid than her b/f.

To the "mean well" bigfooters out there, wild animals are precisely that. They do not understand your good intentions, they cannot sense your good intentions, your good intentions could very well get you seriously injured or worse.

Even plants respond positively to good intentions (aka/ good energy).

If all you have is a mechanistic view of animals, then all you'll ever get is the mechanistic reaction from them.

You and Norse need to do a little research about Kevin Richardson.

http://www.lionwhisperer.co.za/

I think Timothy treadwell is a very good example of a non mechanistic approach that went horribly wrong.

I personally just don't give a crud, if I need to cuddle with something it will be my wife......my dog or whatever. Not a grizzly bear or a lion. I have a healthy respect for them and give them a wide berth. If they come looking for trouble I will certainly give that to them as well.

He should have let nature take its course and let those cubs drown.

• Upvote 1

Guest Cervelo

Yah but I've watched old dude pack an axe handle and use it. He certainly is running the ragged edge as well but he does assert his dominance....treadwell refused to even carry pepper spray.

Hey they had a skillet!

Right. But old dude habituates cubs that come to his cabin.

And iam going to stop now cuz iam not defending him either.

Larry, by all means, please play with enormously strong animals. 

I have. But thanks for your good wishes,  Inc1. 

Again, your mechanistic worldview assures that you should never choose to "play" with,  or show affection to,  enormously strong animals. 

An axe handle will be of very little use if he keeps sticking his face that close.

well, the critter could always use the axe handle for toothpicks afterwards...

seriously though, seems like natural common sense that  any wild animal  (especially those big ones with teeth & 4 sharp corners )  should be treated with respect and caution.

that isn't  bambi and Winnie the pooh out there.

When humans insert themselves in the animal world it never ends well for the animals.  This guy leans next to a lion and people think its cute. People also thought it was cute to have elephants in leg irons so the brainless and their families can watch them at the zoo. 

Human's have been helping animal's for a long time now. Diane fossy and jane Goodall have done a good service for primates. They put their lives on the line to help change people's opinion's and the treatment of these animal's and the loss of they're habitat. Kevin Richard is doing the same thing. The video is amazing Phaige. I would be great if someone could get footage that clear of a bigfoot. Although I think it would take someone with the courage like Diane, Jane, and Kevin. So while some are berrating Kevin, this is the type of person we need for good footage.

SSR Team

For every Jane Fossey and Diane Goodall, there are tens of thousands in Africa killing large primates for Bushmeat.

Don't believe the hype in how great humans are for the natural world.