Dead Sasquatch

hiflier

I'm going to merge some concepts.

1.  It is reasonable to associate natural greying with aging in squatch.  This is common among many mammals, not only primates, but dogs, bears, and other species.  It is more commonly observed among predators than among prey species, because as individuals in prey species begin to slow down, they're easier prey and are removed from the population before they get too old.

Greying is a function of biochemistry.  As we age, we produce fewer essential enzymes.  The function of many of these enzymes is to repair our bodies, so we can shrug of casual injuries when we are younger and healthier.  Enzyme deficiencies are also why people begin to experience difficulty in digesting certain foods as they age.  With regard to hair, our follicles produce hydrogen peroxide, but also produce an enzyme that breaks down hydrogen peroxide,  As we age, we produce less of the enzyme and the hydrogen peroxide builds up in our follicles, bleaching our hair as it grows.  Some bright folks figured this out a short while back and I expect some new anti-greying products on the market soon after they complete the approval process.

2.  We had a thread a while back regarding geriatric squatch.  One of the primary questions was, "What kills a squatch?"  Adults are not generally subject to predation, so, absent human kills, it would have to be one of three things.  Disease, injury (include childbirth), or aging.  Disease and injury are relatively sudden and the squatch would likely die somewhere close to the onset event in both time and location.  Death of old age is a different matter.  A squatch, due to the nature of its existence, is likely to sustain a multitude of minor injuries over the course of its life.  I can tell you that when you are young and healthy, you shrug these off, recover, and drive on.  There's a point, though, at which these injuries come back to haunt you with a vengeance.  A retired Seal Team commander once told me:  "Getting old isn't for sissies."

So let's assume that each successful squatch reaches a point at which his biological clock starts winding down.  He produces fewer essential enzymes, which are necessary to repair his body.  Inflammation and arthritis set in, he begins to grey, and he starts slowing down.  Also, beset with constant pain, the squatch becomes progressively more withdrawn and irritable.  At some point he can no longer keep up well with the group, and either by group dynamic, or more likely by personal decision, he decides that he is going to stay put one day as the group moves on.

3.  This old squatch, however, isn't going to just lay down and die.  I agree with Jiggy that he will likely die over the course of the next year or two, but for a year or two, or even a few, he's going to find some place where it is easier to find food and go about the business of living as long as possible.

There are probably any number of locations where a geriatric squatch can find regular food as long as the temperature remains above freezing; but arthritis, the cold, the shortage of food during colder months are going to drive such a squatch, which still has the will to live, into closer proximity to food sources upon which it would not otherwise regularly rely.  Some, not all, but some, will find such a refuge on the outskirts of human activity, whether it be a campground, a suburb plagued by deer overpopulation, a small town trash dump in an abandoned quarry, or a landfill.  Anyplace where there are people, there will be food sources generated by people, whether they are in a food chain created by fringe habitat, or in a food chain created by human refuse.

4.  When I first started reading the reports (something I do less frequently now, because there's more chaff and less grain), one of the things I noticed was that there were several accounts of teenagers in small towns encountering squatch-like creatures repeatedly.  They were all described as grey in color, irritable (sometimes aggressive) in nature, and in one case referred to as a hairy ghost.  Old quarries and trash dumps were often the location of these sightings, and the squatch was said to retreat into the local marsh, or some other forbidding terrain.  Other reports of suburban squatch are similar in that squatch are said to raid trash cans, prey on pets, etc.

So I would surmise that if one wanted to find a squatch at the end of its lifecycle (and perhaps more ethically killed for purposes of providing a type specimen), or the remains of a recently dead squatch, one might look toward small towns in the Northern states where such reports seem to be more prevalent.  Such a squatch, in winter months, might be more likely to respond to the use of food sources for baiting, would likely be less fastidious in the set of behaviors upon which they rely to remain evasive, and easier to track.  One should also expect such a squatch to be more likely to stand its ground when pressed.

5.  And I'll end on a dark note.  Certainly in Paulides 411 books the bulk of the cases can easily be attributed to human predators, but there are some clusters that show recurring activity over the course of several decades that may possibly be attributable to the use those areas over generations by geriatric squatch.  Arguably, such squatch, less capable of successfully preying on deer, will find humans, especially young humans, easier prey.

BFF Patron

Anyone looking for bone evidence might check out areas after a forest fire. Wait till it goes out and scour the center of the burn where humans have not been there fighting the fire. If it is a large enough fire perhaps it trapped a BF and the body was overlooked by forest service personnel. There are several reports in the BF lore of forest service personnel gathering up BF bodies after a fire. Who knows maybe they are factual? I asked Dr Meldrum one time if I found a skeleton and had a grab and go situation, what minimum parts would prove the species. He told me skull, forearm and hand, and thigh bone would pretty well nail down the species. The thigh would show if it walked upright or on all fours. He probably would like a foot but maybe he thinks feet too similar to humans. Gigantopythecus was defined from a jaw with a few teeth. I jokingly told him if he ever got a call from me, and I said I was on my way to deliver a package, it was me with what he needed for proof. Somehow I think if the government is involved, I would think his phones are tapped. Randy

Hello SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT,

This is a subject that I've written something on. And I do have my thoughts in that direction and have had some surface discussion about it. I have purposely skirted around the issue publicly though for good reason. I will be stepping up the research and avenues of contact when time allows which should be sooner than later. I too have read about things like the fire at Battle Mountain in 1999 and the stories in the aftermath of Mount St. Helens. Just so you know, the public knows it as the the fire at Battle Mountain but officially it's called the Dun-Glen Complex. You can look it up here:

http://www.nifc.gov/index.html

Good point though.

Edited by hiflier

Guest Cervelo

Hello Cervelo,

Can't thank you enough for that. I will go! My spouse and I go camping for two weeks anyway every Sept. up the Coast here in Maine. It's a five hour drive that I wouldn't do for a shorter trip. Behind our usual site there are large spueces that have many lowor limbs that are dead and stil attached. The red squirells are aways dropping things that "knock" on those branches. Sometimes it's really loud. Yep, BIGFOOT! LOL. What impresses me is the quiet. No cell phone service, no wifi....nothin'.

At the end of next month, on Friday the 28th, I'm pulling the plug on work and retiring full time :) What am I going to do? EVERYTHING including camping right next to you LOL. J/K but I will be doing things just to get out more, like squatchin', B&W photography, and a myriad other things I not only want, but need to pursue.

Now if I can just get off this danged Forum ;)

Ahhh man.....you lucky dog!!!

Your welcome at my campfire anytime :)

Congrats on retirement....I can only hope when/if I get to retire I'm healthy enough to keep doing this type of stuff, it's wonderful in the boonies!

Edited by Cervelo

Hello Cervelo,

Thanks and you nailed it. Doing it while in reasonably good health. Thanks for the invite too, you never know. I'm trying to do this now so I don't get known as "Ol' Hobble" by those that see me trapesing around in the woods like a dottering fool yelling, "Where are you dammit!"

Hello JDL,

Much to think about there, my friend. Indeed, there are stories about Sasquatch bothering livestock, being seen around Human habitats and so forth. In the recent past I've started threads on Sasquatch age vs. hair color, Sasquatch on roads, how to prepare one's self for the search, and others that all pertain to possible discovery with the aim of producing something in the way of proof. Moreover though, using those threads to encourage others to get actively involved in that process as well has been their underlying reason. The John Green revisions, to that end, were meant to aid in locating areas in members' own back yards in which to conduct these exercises.

I do need to mention how much I've appreciated the input on this particular topic especially. Everyone I think saw the value in the discussion and the overall tone has been one of support for the concept. At least I have to say the dialogue in each post has been intelligent and informative all the way through and I know I've benefited from your insights and those of the other contributors as well. I sincerely think too that I'm not the only one as there good stuff here to mull over for anyone who wants proof but was wondering what could be done to that end that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

It does take imagination but it needs to make sense too or folks will simply drop the subject as out of reach. Personally I'm glad to know that there are things within reach that I can be a part of along with others in the search. It's not all computers, databases, and waiting for someone else. At least it doesn't have to be, eh?

Edited by hiflier

Hello All,

I don't mean to sound like a broken record (if any of you remember what that even means LOL) but, after considering JDL's post more carefully, do you think one has already been found?

Edited by hiflier

Just my opinion, but I think several to possibly many have been found. I think depending on how it is handled or reported, many different scenarios play out.

I guess sending something to Jeff M. might be the best route, of course hanging onto some souveniers and fotos for yourself 1st.

My friend's girlfriend was a dispatcher for several small police departments. With much prying, I was able to get out of her that some incidents are not released to the general public. I had been following up on something I had reported to a different dispatcher, and was told it had not been reported. I was curious if any other reports had been made in relation to it.

After I divulged details, that only the reporting party would know, and she was convinced it was me that reported it, she confirmed my suspicions. She stated that her job was on the line, if it ever got out.  I've never told anyone, except here, and she has moved away yrs. ago. But she was a real no-nonsense, straight forward, stand-up type, that had no reason to lie. I think she only told me as a kindness to ease my mind.

Another reason I think this is because yrs. ago, I made friends with an older park ranger. I asked him about bigfoot, and he acted like it was pretty much common knowledge, but warned me not to talk to the younger rangers about it. He told me they generally know when they are around due to people reporting them etc. If one acted agressively, they assumed it had young, and sealed off the trails in that area. (closed for repair) Or they blamed it on bear activity.

So I think enough "agencies" are in the know, and keep it quiet to some degree for whatever reasons. One I heard mentioned a long time ago was national security. It had something to do with migrating from Russia or China, if I remember right.

Hello mesabe,

Where does mesabe originate? Is it the name of the one in your avatar?

You've told a very significant story. There are those who may think me a conspiracy promoter but that is not the case. I'm a logician and in being one I'm cursed (or blessed?) with a kind of mind that cannot stop or slow down. I don't know why that is and sometimes it becomes very annoying. I HAVE to solve a problem but at the same time everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, in my head flies around. Connections get made and slowly pictures begin to emerge. The important part is the pieces that swirl around are all related but with out form. I just keep absorbing data without ceasing and then bang. It comes together. Sure there's loose ends but in time they will be dealt with as well. 

There have been hints all over the place. No one or two pieces of information say much of anything. But the sum total says a lot as the individual items begin to support each other. This is about the fifth time I hinted at the idea that there is a type specimen already in "custody". It only makes sense in light of the Sasquatch subject's history. Anecdotally there is no doubt in what I'm thinking but officially I have doubts. Even at the official level though there are obvious connections that play out very well. The thread on the ramifications of proof is a veritable disserte on that subject.

Suffice it to say, I have an itch in the back of my brain that says that there may be another reason no dead Sasquatch are found that is not spoken about. 

I just thought of a topic for a new thread......stay tuned,

Edited by hiflier

Hey hiflier,

About your diatribe mentioned on p. 3, why not just PM me?  Sometimes I find a good diatribe is balm for the soul.

Can't do the Tar Pit.  Not why I am here and besides...costs money!