Is Sasquatch A Secret?

hiflier

First you would determine which units participated in that action.  That should be relatively easy.  Then an archival search of records from that unit and from its subordinate units.  Dig down from Army to Corps to Division (sometimes) to brigade to regiment to battalion to company to platoon.  There may even be individual accounts on file around the country.

Many of the records you find are little more than logistical and personnel management bookkeeping.  They yield little more than the size of the unit, names of people assigned, names of those who died in an action (and sometimes how), and names of those assigned as replacements.  There may also be a record of disciplinary actions that rarely yield pertinent info due to the nature of the infraction (if they are that specific).  Record keeping by adjutants and the first sergeants back then was a model of brevity, though, because everything was recorded by hand, and when things were moving fast, they were moving fast.  Paradoxically, the routine records are more detailed when they were just sitting around not doing much.  The most valuable records are usually any personal letters on record from commander to commander, or from soldiers to family members.  With the names of those involved you can sometimes find these.  Many families kept a record of their correspondence.  And often the families of officers established a public record of these documents shortly after their family member died or left service.

Occasionally you find a document that might as well be made of gold.  When he was at Fort Leavenworth researching the corps reconnaissance that Sherman sent West into Alabama (as far as Gadsden) during the two weeks after Atlanta fell (Sherman was trying to catch Hood, who was threatening his supply lines by rail into Chattanooga and sent about a hundred thousand troops after him before Sherman said "screw Hood" and decided to make his devastating march to the sea, where he could be resupplied by ship), my buddy found a regimental history for the 72nd Indiana.  This history, unlike others that were simple logistics records, was a virtual diary with details about where they were and when.  We used it to locate every place they had been during that action in Northern Alabama and verified the locations using metal detectors.  The 72nd Indiana was a mounted infantry unit equipped with Spencer repeating rifles, so when we found Spencer casings, we knew we were where they had been.  Their record was very accurate - more accurate, in fact, than all of the official historical markers, which were usually miles off from where things actually happened.

Night battles with hairy giant Seminole wild men are the kind of thing that someone would record.  The question is whether or not such a record is on file, finding the record, which would not be in a sealed archive unless the action itself were sensitive, or it was falling apart, then being the first person to read it most likely in over 140 years.

hiflier, I think Sunflower meant its not a secret to people who have clearly seen one or had interactions with them.. Not speaking for her, just what I took from her post.

Hello Hellbilly,

Ah, I see, thanks. Well then, I guess the rest of us will just have to suck it up and struggle along with these danged threads. Ah well....Seems as the truth is for some but not for all. I think that's what Sunflower was really saying. Cute-like you know?

Edited by hiflier

Hello AaronD,

So am I. This thread of course welcomes Habituators but I would prefer some input that is a bit more factual in supporting the economic reasons for the "secret". The topic really isn't meant for cryptic philosophical inuendo. IMO it's tantamount to a social slap in the face everytime it happens. I'm pushing for real fact-based history like oil people using nuclear explosions under the Colorado Rockies and honestly haven't the patience to listen to what amounts to a nyah, nyah.

Hungry, nomadic Sasquatch munching on farm cows because their habitat was being wrecked and having the reports checked out by UFO "investigators" misguides the public. This thread assumes Sasquatch to be real. And therefore the "secret" is 100% about marginalizing the animal to a level of official disinterest. I trying to get to a logical root to the reason in order to make an effort for changing that.

Edited by hiflier

I was blown away by the show and thought I am glad that there are people out there fighting to uncover the truth about whatever is being kept from the public.

Maybe you should stop believing kooky documentaries and read actual science. They recently sequenced the full genome of a 12,000 year old infant from Montana. There's your "real truth uncovered".

Edited by Jerrymanderer

DWA...you stated that P&G and NAWAC were the only 2 to conduct thorough field investigations?  Pretty sure Dahinden has both groups beat...combined.  and guess what he came up with...nada.

Edited by denialist

Just jumping on after reading your first post, and in my opinion,

You don't need the government for proof, what did I hear on Finding Bigfoot the other day, that there are 33,000 documented Bigfoot events?

BFRO and BFF isn't government.

pfff, who needs government?  We'll figure it out on our own. 

They may spy on us, but hey, for the rest of us, it's still a free country to think and speak what we want. 

Who cares about them.  We'll never know about it anyway.  I know what I know to be satisfied. 

"We don't need no stinkin' badges!" 

from the movie, Treasure of the Sierra Madres