Is Sasquatch A Secret?

hiflier

Hello All,

There is one thing that I've noticed in internet searches when looking for stuff like this; whether it be Sasquatch or giant bones or any number of other subjects that tease the imagination with evidence but no proof. And that is how remarkably sterile the internet is when looking for clues that official departments are ignoring such said subjects. All one finds are similar investigations and opinions from folks at the same level and apparently standing before the same brick wall dead ends that everyone else reaches. I find it almost absurd when I see how scrubbed and squeaky clean the web searches are.

The internet is like having parallel universes though; it has inaccessible layers or planes of information through portals if one knows the key. It's neither here nor there TBH as anything one doesn't want as hearsay needs to phone up the source and ask the right questions, in the right way, and for the right reasons. THATS the real key.

Edited by hiflier

Just a thought - if there was evidence that the government was covering up or suppressing, and I'm not saying that I believe there is, my feeling is that they would be doing it to keep people from all-out panic.  Remember "War of The Worlds"?   Just imagine the resources people would demand for their perceived protection.  Or the drop in tourism to states people would be afraid to visit.  On the other hand, acknowledgement might bring too much unwanted tourism and destruction to the bigfoots' habitat.

Hello coffee2go,

I've no doubt what you say makes for good reasoning. "Finding Bigfoot" and the "Bigfoot Bounty" programs are bringing the subject into most everyone's livingrooms and minds. Official acknowledgment doesn't make either of the two directions that easy to ascertain though. Yes, it could scare people off and one wonders if the ones whose curiosity or intent to see one is stronger than their fear will balance the scale. Tourism is big business as was discussed in depth here:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/10312-the-ramifications-of-species-verification/page-1?hl=ramification

and here:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/41859-the-ramifications-of-proving-its-existance/

In reality, unless the goverment takes the necessary steps before informing an unsuspecting public then I doubt it will say anything. This thread walked a fine line skirting two subjects that would normally crop up and get a thread shut down for failure to adhere to Forum rules. We've already had a couple of flags issued which is why I'm trying to tone things down a bit and still make progress. There's much here to support why the Sasquatch is officially ignored but until I or someone can gain a policy memorandum then the subject is stalling out for the most part. It will more than likely end where it stands but the goal of being able to discuss such a loaded subject as this is a credit to the members and the mods as well.

Edited by hiflier

Just a thought - if there was evidence that the government was covering up or suppressing, and I'm not saying that I believe there is, my feeling is that they would be doing it to keep people from all-out panic.  Remember "War of The Worlds"?   Just imagine the resources people would demand for their perceived protection.  Or the drop in tourism to states people would be afraid to visit.  On the other hand, acknowledgement might bring too much unwanted tourism and destruction to the bigfoots' habitat.

Not saying YOU coffee2go, just in general, in our haste to absolve the government of any conspiracy I believe we get too far sidetracked.

I don't believe anyone believes that the existence of bigfoot must be held secret or it would start a panic...not if bf is simply an ape. We have bears, wolves, puma, jaguar, pythons (in Florida), gators, and other large dangerous animals. There's no conspiracy at the government level to hide these animals from us, and there are actually verified reports of people being killed by these animals yearly. Why would verification of a large PRIMATE be any different? In my opinion, it would not.

Logic tells us who know or believe that bigfoot is real, it must be more than a mere primate, when we actually think about this. We keep going around in circles with distractions, when we need to stick to our guns and get to the root of the matter using logic and common sense.

A simple APE would not have avoided verification this many years! No matter HOW SHY it is and reclusive, it would eventually be raiding humans homes and we would be coming out to see them sitting on our cars or decimating our fruit and livestock. That is the behavior of an animal. We haven't hunted them for generations, so as other animals who aren't hunted, they would have lost any learned fear of us LONG ago.

Why was it not kept a secret that there are large pythons breeding in Florida?

We're all aware that our government isn't actually a single entity...at least the one we see. However, look at the single subject of bigfoot. We do not have verification from any of the numerous countries they are reported to live (or some variation of them). And they are reported on every continent except Antarctica! Not ONE country has verified them!!!!! Australia has researches looking for the Tasmanian wolf, yet nothing concerning the yowie?

When you stop and take a smell...something doesn't smell right!

To get closer to the topic of this thread...I believe SOME agency in our government has a type specimen...IF it is even possible. I'm not in the paranormal camp, but there's something very funny-style about sasquatch!

I'm going to go ahead and lay it out where I stand with sasquatch at this point:

1. Squatch is a type of human/human hybrid or something we can't describe, some other intelligent species on this planet AND this species has a chain of communication with WHOEVER the rulers of this world are that they will not be disclosed to the populace.

2. Squatch has an alien or interdimensional connection/origin. The government or "ruling body" is aware of this and either can't tell us or can't tell us. I'll break down the can't tell us part.

a. They can't tell us because like ufo's they can't get a specimen due to the paranormal nature, it is beyond our ability, so may as well ignore the subject as NO

ONE will ever obtain one. So there will be nothing to explain.

b. They can't tell us because squatch is paranormal and they bring with them some information we REALLY don't want to know.

Not saying YOU coffee2go, just in general, in our haste to absolve the government of any conspiracy I believe we get too far sidetracked.

Not that I disagree with anything you've said so far I don't think it is a very hasty conclusion that there is a conspiracy to coverup the existence of Bigfoot. You yourself have put forth the example of bears. Here is an animal, a very large animal, occasionally known to attack humans. And yet there isn't even a hint of coverup in their existence. Far from it, the government advises the general population when one is in the general area and makes an effort to capture the animal and make sure it is released where it can't harm humans.

Such an incidence occurred shortly before I moved from Bardstown:

Wave 3 News said:

BARDSTOWN, Ky. (AP) -- In eastern Kentucky, the sighting of black bears is not unusual, but around Bardstown, where our Old Kentucky Home is located, they're an oddity.

In the first confirmed sighting of a black bear in Nelson County in more than two decades, an immature male was seen in the Greenbriar area during the weekend.

He had been seen late last week near Manton in adjacent Washington County.

State conservation officer Mike Stephenson says the bear weighs about 125-to-150 pounds and is about two-and-a-half feet tall. He's believed to be about a year old.

Stephenson says this one may have been run out of his home territory by another dominant bear, or has extended his range as he seeks food during recent drought conditions. A bear with a similar description was also seen in Green County recently. There has also been a sighting on Highway 210 in Taylor County and another one in Barren County, but it is not confirmed that it's the same bear.

What do you do if you see a black bear? Take a picture, point him out to friends, but don't shoot him. Black bears are federally protected.

But we've known black bears, or any bears, existed....a cover-up would only be silly, unless the bear was some genetic freak that would threaten to drop the pants off some government secret science project--then you can bet it would be kept as mundane as possible. Sasquatches, if shown in true light, would disrupt the status quo. Evolution fails to explain their existence, so it would be a problem for them.

^^^Well, all I can say to that is that I wonder why the society is pretty much in denial about it and the scientific mainstream utterly fails to address the evidence, and violates every scientific principle when it talks about why.

Other than that you got me.

Leftfoot= would you please post any info. about the stance they requests that if/when a BF is captured to release it in a area out of the mainstream, so sort of speak. 

As for no country dedicating funds (as far as we know) for bigfoot research, it could be that no country wants to be the first to come out publicly to acknowledge their desire to do so.  The possibility of using public funds for research?  In this economy? 

Why would the existence of Bigfoot upset the status quo?

The only way verification of bf can upset stay quo, is if they are a type of human. An ape, while curious they could go so long without discovery, wouldn't move plates.

As for no country dedicating funds (as far as we know) for bigfoot research, it could be that no country wants to be the first to come out publicly to acknowledge their desire to do so. The possibility of using public funds for research? In this economy?

If there wasn't some centralized world wide leadership thwarting or forbidding acknowledgement of squatch, there are plenty states and countries which could use the boost.

Why wouldn't a small, struggling country such as Belize or provinces in Canada not desire the esteem of revealing the greatest find in centuries?

I tire of the tail chasing and excuses we make. While I may lose interest again and devote my energy to another topic, while I'm on this one I desire to actually get somewhere.

Edited by Delta Zu

The only way verification of bf can upset stay quo, is if they are a type of human. An ape, while curious they could go so long without discovery, wouldn't move plates.

Or if something about BF, once proven, is tantamount to proof of something alien, paranormal, from the field of religion, or something that SERIOUSLY rewrites our understanding of human history in a way that has political implications.   (I'm trying really hard here to point out the AREAS that there could be an issue, NOT to take any specific position about any aspect of those.  I HOPE the mods forgive if this is too close to the line.)    

Another thing that could destabilize the status quo is proof of a cover-up.  If we prove BF exists and that our gov't has covered it up, we would ask much more forcefully what else has been covered up.   That might be the reason to maintain a cover up now even if it's determined not to be useful in and of itself.

We can speculate, but 'til we know for sure, we don't know for sure, and once we do know for sure, we can't put that toothpaste back in the tube and un-know it.  Pandora's Box will be open. 

MIB