What Is The Best Bigfoot Evidence Of The Past 10-15 Years?

Has there really been any any good evidence of bigfoot/ sasquatch since the skookum cast? (which I know is controversial, like everything thing else in the bigfoot world).

There has been plenty. Has it been enough to prove the existence of the creature? No, not at all. But there is a ton of evidence.

I would say tracks and audio are fairly good, some would argue that the London Track Way is a great piece of track evidence.

For me audio is strong stuff, especially the gibberish or Kung Fu jabber.  You can point to eye witness reports, strange wildlife kills and broken branches all you want and it does not mean much but possible language is far more difficult to explain as being from normal wildlife.  Close range whoops and howls { very specific types } also are very interesting, several states with such examples are Michigan, West Virginia, South Carolina and Washington.

SSR Team

Yep, first thing that came into my head was the London Tracks like Nathan.

There certainly hasn't been any film/video/picture footage so for me it can only be trackways for me.

Smeja had the golden ticket, and lost it.

To me, evidence falls into categories that build a solid case for the existance of Bigfoot...

1) historical evidence going back not only to the Colonial period but before with the Native American tribes. This is not a new phenomenon. 

2) tracks and trackways that just could not be faked. Not only the location or length of the trackways but details in some of the track casts themselves.

3) the Patterson film and possibly some other films

4) volume and scope of eye witness sightings and encounters. even if 99% of the thousands were hoaxes or mistaken identifications there is still a big 1% left

5) descriptions of behavior that are very revealing to the identity of an apelike creature - rock throwing, tree peeping, mock charges, vocalizations

6) evidence like hair that genuinely can't be identified or is identified as "unknown primate"

While a lot of this evidence is not "new" the way old evidence can be reevaluated using modern techniques and knowledge on the subject can be very revealing.  Examination of tracks cast 40 years ago can reveal anataomical details or peculiarities not known or widely known about back at that time.  Likewise we have more modern ways of analyzing film, breaking down film evidence, computer animation and reconstruction.  Things like the study of hair have grown over the decades.  Of course, DNA studies are newish.  I do think, though, that a lot of the best evidence is still some of the older stuff.  PGF, cripplefoot track casts, etc. 

Edited by Shelly

Guest Stan Norton

But the op asks for specific pieces of evidence that have come forward recently, not a summary of types of generic evidence.

I, too, would have to say the London trackway.   It's at the top of my list.

Some of the video MK Davis released, particularly the "whitey" segment, I find interesting, even if I don't always agree with his analysis.

While the Sierra Sounds are not new, Scott Nelson's analysis is somewhat recent.   Again, compelling if only because he has impeccable credentials to do that analysis.

It's too soon to tell, but someday we may rank the Brown's thermal footage up there as well.   Depends on what ultimately comes out of that situation.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Like 1

London Trackway, but personally I believe the northern Minnesota snow trackway equally if not more compelling.  I have some Minn bias as I grew up over there and spent a lot of time snooping in the river bottoms & bush...

Some videos are compelling too. I look for the ones where the gait is visible. Here's why:

• Upvote 1

Yes- the gait is compliant in that video.

Guest Scout1959

Honestly no audio recording is ever going to prove anything.  A contemporary video is in the same boat, too easy to fake in this day and age.  Tracks, again too easy to be faked.  (or at least too easy to be faked to convince anyone outside a dyed in the wool believer)

The best evidence is the Patterson Gimlin film, it was taken before all the cg and photoshop capabilities came to be and before convincing costumes could be readily obtained.

There just isn't imho anything else out there that compares.