What Is The Best Bigfoot Evidence Of The Past 10-15 Years?

SSR Team

The Brown (Florida) thermal.

Good shout..

London Trackway, but personally I believe the northern Minnesota snow trackway equally if not more compelling.  I have some Minn bias as I grew up over there and spent a lot of time snooping in the river bottoms & bush...

Good shout on MN.

Contemporary video might not "prove" anything beyond a shadow of a doubt, but I think that if crystal clear, up close, day time video ever comes to light, it would go a hell of a long way. I don't think its easy as people say to fake anything really good with photoshop or CGI. If such is the case, why aren't there more good fakes floating around? 

But the op asks for specific pieces of evidence that have come forward recently, not a summary of types of generic evidence.

I know but as I explained one isolated item doesn't prove anything "big picture".  IMHO you have to look at evidence en masse.  But, that is just my opinion. 

Guest JiggyPotamus

I agree with the degrees of evidence idea. I also think that the stronger evidence is the stuff that is harder to fake. So audio for instance, is easier to hoax than video, while a sighting report is easier to make up than other forms of evidence. But of course there are going to be nuances that may easily expose a hoax, regardless of the form the evidence takes.

I still think the greatest evidence comes in the form of eyewitness encounters, even though virtually anyone could hoax this type of evidence. There are literally thousands of reports that do not give any indication of being false, especially considering many of these reports are followed up on, and still seem to be credible, as the story makes sense and the witness is a credible person. But that is not the only or even the main reason I hold eyewitness reports in such high regard. It is the sheer number of them that exist, along with the logic that there are going to be only a fraction of eyewitnesses who actually file a report with a bigfoot organization. Which translates into there being at least double the amount of known reports, but probably much greater.

As far as video evidence, I try not to get too caught up in it, since it can be just as difficult to ascertain a video's authenticity as it is any other type of evidence that cannot be subjected to a scientific analysis. So even if a video looks good, it could be fake. And even if a video looks bad, it could still depict a real sasquatch. It is too subjective, and I think that is mostly why I hold the sighting record in such high esteem, as I believe that the higher the number of reports, the less likely they are all hoaxes or misidentifications.

Admin

I would say the reported sightings by hundreds of ordinary folks would be the strongest evidence.

I would agree with that Statement. I mean, are all of these folks Pullin our Lariat? Besides, I know people who have Actually Seen a Bigfoot, that's enough for me, until I get the Pleasure myself.

The Brown (Florida) thermal.

I would put that thermal up there with the PGF. IMO  Very compelling, especially after the "Finding Bigfoot" recreation, which showed how massive the creature was as compared to Bobo.

I agree, maddog23, as it was my snow trackway find that convinced me, several years before an actual sighting. When you see that string of wide spaced tracks start at the snowline, and disappear out of sight over the hill, with nothing else showing in the snow, it's pretty astonishing. Of course, mine was about 35 years ago, so not what the OP was asking for, but there are a number of recent snow trackway finds that look intriguing.

Guest Crowlogic

There hasn't been a big event since  the Memorial Day footage and  in absolute terms not since the Patterson Gimlin Film.  While technology has improved to find the creature it has also made hoaxing easier too.  We are long overdue for a front page sighting.

I agree with the London trackway and the collection of experiences from regular everyday people who have no interest in bigfoot and would have no reason to fabricate such a story. They all describe the same thing, even going back hundreds of years. There are a LOT of eyewitness accounts from the Finding Bigfoot town halls that blew me away.

The MN trackway is really neat as well.

There have been occasional sightings reported in the news from, again, people who have no vested interest and have no reason to fabricate a story.

Guest thermalman

For me, the Mike Green thermal. Inconclusive, but the closest thing in how we might expect a BF to look and act in a thermal.

Edited by thermalman

SSR Team

Another good shout thermal man, I'd forgot about that.

1. I would say that the significant spike in credible reports on the BFRO database since Finding Bigfoot would be #1.  The show itself is cringeworthy.  But it has put an intake for people to file reports on network television (top-rated show on Animal Planet), and since it came on the air, every single update of BFRO reports contains an encounter from the current or prior calendar year, something that virtually never happened, ever, before Finding Bigfoot.  The reports are as compelling as anything on file.  And no, the folks on that show could in no way be making these up, nor do they have any of the other obvious earmarks of "copycat" reporting.

The Peguis, Manitoba video from March 2007.  (Do "Peguis bigfoot" on Youtube.)  As enigmatic as Patty, its backstory (even what happened to shake up the shoot) lines up perfectly with the video, something that almost never happens with bigfoot vid.  It, Patty and Freeman are the only bigfoot videos I take remotely seriously. 

It is hard to give standalone credibility to any single story or piece of evidence (see 2. for an exception).  But three thermals - the Olympic Project's Grays Harbor (no moooooooo to that one); the Brown footage from Florida (May 2012); and the Cutino thermal from the Sierra (August 2012) are all intriguing, and more than a decade ago wouldn't have happened.

Guest JiggyPotamus

If you are looking to decide what video evidence is likely legitimate, Salubrious brings up an excellent point. The angle formed by the lower leg during a step is going to be about the same for every human. But if you look at not only the PGF, but any film where the legs of the alleged sasquatch is visible, if the angle is around that of a human, then it is probably a person in a costume. But if the angle is much higher, the case is bolstered for the video depicting a real sasquatch.

And this is an idea that hasn't been around as long as sasquatch research itself, therefore any older videos that depict such an angle are even more impressive in my opinion. Even today, there are only ideas about sasquatch, which means that there are not going to be many hoaxers who would attempt to create this type of compliant gait in a bigfoot costume. Even if they tried, only a minority of them would be able to pull if off smoothly. So it just casts doubt.

London Trackway, but personally I believe the northern Minnesota snow trackway equally if not more compelling. I have some Minn bias as I grew up over there and spent a lot of time snooping in the river bottoms & bush...

Agreed, Minnesota trackway is number one.