Let's Narrow Down The "other" Possibilities For Snow Field Trackways

Guest Crowlogic

So you think biggie was running in 3' of snow for 3 miles and left no drag marks, never slipped, just made perfect post holes the whole way?

There's a race that comes out of Prescott, AZ where people run all the way to Jerome, AZ, going over Mingus Mountain. Another in Colorado that is about 100 miles with lots of +10,000 foot elevations. Three miles would seem like a cakewalk for a creature that actually lives outside and isn't all soft like we humans are...

In the PNW the lower elevations, say 1000 feet and lower, are not often snow covered in the winter. There are millions of acres of low elevation where a bigfoot could live in winter and leave very few tracks in the snow. Snow trackways intrigue me the same way the PGF does. Lots of folks cry hoax, but no one can replicate or explain how it was done.

So you think biggie was running in 3' of snow for 3 miles and left no drag marks, never slipped, just made perfect post holes the whole way?

I don't know, but I do know this............we cannot account for those tracks by natural processes such as snow falling off a tree. So something biological made them. I have racked my brain and have gone out thousands of times looking at deer tracks, moose tracks, elk tracks. I have also ran cougar with hounds in January............I never went three miles with any of them and was fooled into thinking I was looking at a biped. Sure at times for short distances, a quadruped can fool you, but not for very long.........it's a quadruped after all.

As you know I had a experience with one of these trackways and it's this experience that makes me a proponent, it's **** convincing.

In the PNW the lower elevations, say 1000 feet and lower, are not often snow covered in the winter. There are millions of acres of low elevation where a bigfoot could live in winter and leave very few tracks in the snow. Snow trackways intrigue me the same way the PGF does. Lots of folks cry hoax, but no one can replicate or explain how it was done.

It's impossible to hoax tracks like that in deep snow. That's why they are so compelling.

Guest Cervelo

There's a race that comes out of Prescott, AZ where people run all the way to Jerome, AZ, going over Mingus Mountain. Another in Colorado that is about 100 miles with lots of +10,000 foot elevations. Three miles would seem like a cakewalk for a creature that actually lives outside and isn't all soft like we humans are...

Uh-huh and we can go there and watch them make tracks in the snow.....and I'll go out on a limb and guess that if the snow depth is half way up their shins they won't be leaping like ballet dancers with each step and covering 6-7 in each leap, making perfect post holes with each step.

But yeah sure maybe that's how biggie gets thru deep snow or he's 23' tall ;)

And here's what any bipeds tracks will look like in deep snow...

8EA30213-BB52-4E4A-8836-109D7C2A441F.jpg

D1832787-1627-4AFD-8534-196968130AD2.jpg

So if you don't see tracks similar to the above in deep snow you can eliminate a biped!

No drags marks no biped ;)

Edited by Cervelo

Unless their legs are long enough to clear. Also, humans don't pick their legs up as high when walking (shin rise) as BF do.

One of the two that I saw was over ten feet (see thread about this how I know that); its legs were at least 4 feet in length. So snow that is mid-shin deep on a human would be nothing to them and they would indeed leave no 'drags'- that is a human thing.

Guest Cervelo

All conjecture Sal you can't prove anything about Bigfoot, maybe someday your theroy will be proven correct...like when we can put a tape measure to one....until then these tracks are most likley a known animal hopping/jumping.

All conjecture Sal you can't prove anything about Bigfoot, maybe someday your theroy will be proven correct...like when we can put a tape measure to one....until then these tracks are most likley a known animal hopping/jumping.

Which known animal do you think it was?

Guest Cervelo

Pick any four legged animal that exist in that area.

If you look closley at these tracks it's obvious to me they were made and then it snowed on them.

Who knows how many times....meanwhile they were subject to numerous freeze/thaw cycles.

Then someone shows up that's watched enough FB episodes to believe biggie is everywhere....well you know the drill....

No different than Sal citing facts about Bigfoot anatomy based on nothing factual.

Are there any similar tracks of any kind from a known animal? I could buy the four legged animal stepped in its own tracks if I saw a picture of some that looked alike. Really alike, no drag marks, same depth, etc. I don't buy that multiple animals made those tracks.

Sal claims to have seen Sasquatch so I would consider his take on its anatomy to be reliable. Unless you think he was hallucinating, lying, or mistaken (which I do not).

Guest Cervelo

I don't think it's multiple animals....imagine it snows say 6-8" or whatever depth would force an animal to jump as opposed to plow thru the snow.

This animal hops along goes about its business, creating these "footprints"....melting occurs then refreezing potentially altering the tracks significantly....then it snows some more.

The snow layers on but doesn't fill in the "footprint", more freeze/thaw, more snow...get it?

Sals claims could be one of those possabilities as you stated.

I don't believe he got out of the truck and took any measurements of the Bigfoots.

Until a body is found his guess is as good as mine and yours :)

Edited by Cervelo

If you look closley at these tracks it's obvious to me they were made and then it snowed on them.

Who knows how many times....meanwhile they were subject to numerous freeze/thaw cycles

Riiiiiiight.   3 miles, 3000 tracks, and they all freeze-thaw producing identical length, identical width, 5 toed tracks.    Deeper spots, shallower spots, on top of logs, on top of rocks, open ground, under trees.   Riiiiiight.    

I'm attacking the argument ... and this the most ridiculous argument I've heard yet.  It doesn't work. I'm not sure what your intent is, but by so strongly supporting the ridiculous, you're improving the case for BF, not undermining it.  If you're using reverse psychology, good job!!

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

^^ You are right, I didn't get out of the truck. I didn't have to- the creature was seated only a few inches from my passenger side door. If you read the thread I would have assumed you knew that. Before I pulled past it, I got a good look at it seated in front of me with my brights on it. I stand 6 feet tall, and looking through my side windows my head is positioned at the middle of the window. That's why I know how big this creature actually was.

As far as the Minnesota trackway is concerned, really the only other candidate is a moose. They have enormous hooves and use direct registration and they are tall enough to not leave drag marks in the shin to knee-deep snow. Funny that there haven't been any advocates for a moose in that particular instance- hoax was suggested in a manner to suggest that that was more likely. Why someone would suggest the utterly ridiculous over an actual indigenous candidate is puzzling.

We have plenty of rabbits here in the Twin Cities. And we have snow that is a similar depth. I've been living here a long time- you wanna know something you never see? Evidence of rabbits jumping from one spot to another. Never see it. See plenty of rabbit tracks, but they don't jump like that. As I am typing this, there is snow 2 feet deep outside my window. I can see the rabbit tracks too- on top of the snow. Its been a lot colder this year than back in 2012, so if anything they would be far more likely to be 'jumping' to get around this year as opposed to 2012, since there was a lot more melting in 2012 (leaving a hardened crust as the top layer). A rabbit doesn't/didn't need to jump- it could and does travel across the top of the snow.

IOW, whatever made the trackway was so heavy and large it sank in with each step.

• Upvote 1

Hello salubrious,

Been to Jerome. Stayed at the Jerome Grand Hotel and went to the mine where I paid 5 bucks to have them fire up Big Bertha. The old mining town was built on a 33 degree slope which presented ir's own set of dynamics.

Guest thermalman

^^^Good points Cerv. Any animals you're suggesting have been proven, by DNA, to exist. Know one knows exactly how much snow was on the ground at the time the prints were made. But, it is shown to have fresh snow over top of them, at the time of discovery of them. And the prints are not all 6-10' apart as suggested by many. The tracks in the heavier bush are barely 1' apart. All that is shown in the video, if anyone watched it?

Edited by thermalman

Guest Cervelo

Riiiiiiight. 3 miles, 3000 tracks, and they all freeze-thaw producing identical length, identical width, 5 toed tracks. Deeper spots, shallower spots, on top of logs, on top of rocks, open ground, under trees. Riiiiiight.

I'm attacking the argument ... and this the most ridiculous argument I've heard yet. It doesn't work. I'm not sure what your intent is, but by so strongly supporting the ridiculous, you're improving the case for BF, not undermining it. If you're using reverse psychology, good job!!

MIB

If you say so ;)