Group Sightings?

TedSallis

BFF Patron

The one I am familiar with in my area where a large number (maybe a couple of dozen) of people saw a BF was in Yacult Washington.      A baseball game was in progress.      A BF stepped out the wood line and watched the game for a few seconds then stepped back into the woods.   I guess the bats hitting the ball sounded like tree knocks or something.    I have driven by the field and there is tree cover right up to the field boundary.    Of course this would be an ideal situation for a hoaxer to be seen and get away.    Of course no one had a camera.  

Another topic related to this.   I was watching a Through the Wormhole program on the science channel last night and they were discussing human intelligence and problem solving.      The US military conducted an experiment and wanted to see how creative humans were solving problems.     10 large numbered helium balloons where placed around the entire US in different locations.     Teams from all over were invited to creatively try to solve the simple problem of locating the balloons.      MIT entered and by using social media within 9 hours they had located all 10 balloons in the entire country.     The results astonished the military in how quick it happened.     It occurred to me that the big problem with BF research is diverse groups, who not only do not communicate with each other but seem to be competing with each other to solve the same problem.    Existence of BF.    Just post something here and within hours you are being questioned and challenged with flying cow explanations.     On the other had if all the people doing BF research, truly shared, cooperated, and worked together the combined brainpower and diverse locations could be a very powerful tool in solving the problem of BF existence and gathering information about it.     We go into the woods  in small groups, conduct searches, and usually come up empty handed.     The military would go into an area with a bunch of people, conduct grid searches and sweeps, and if anything was there they would have a much greater chance to locate it.     But BF researchers are small groups, compartmentalized, secretive from each other,  and seem to hope other group efforts fail.       Our methods seem to almost guarantee failure.     Something to think about.     RR

• Upvote 1

My God, I miss that show (at least before the last season, where all the cryptids were basically, uhm, "big" versions of already known creatures, i.e. pigs, snakes, rats, etc.

Yeah the only one I did not like was the spider one. That freaked me out.

Yeah the only one I did not like was the spider one. That freaked me out.

Yeah the 'running across the road' scene was pretty darned creepy. 

Excellent post SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT (the second part) - worthy of it's own thread actually, or certainly worth resurrecting one dedicated to the topic and reposting - would you? Plussed btw.

I guess the difference with the balloon experiment was that there were no egos or potential money or kudos attached. Not sure how one would address these issues to be honest.