I Am Feeling More And More Disconnected From The Bigfoot Community

Guest Crowlogic

It's not unusual to become less interested in this.  I've seen the entire thing go from one end of the block to the other and does not seem to matter which end of the block it's on we're not getting results that confirm that there is anything to it.  If anything the wilder and more widespread it becomes the greater the likelihood that there is nothing to  it.  It's become too common to be that intangible.

The shows they do are for 'profit', and BF is a HOT topic right now,so the marketing is to the brash side to keep viewers entertained. It might die down in a few years hopefully.

If you want to listen to real BF people there are numerous shows on Blogtalk which relates more or less to real people, real encounters etc. that may be more inline.

Monsterquest started this, and its gone, (but on youtube) Finding BF should be gone in a few years. And the powers that be are not going to let BF out of the bag. Ride the wave, don't let it wipe you out.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I have a pretty good idea of what you mean. It gets overwhelming and disheartening because of the sheer volume of information that is being churned out, but only because there is absolutely no accurate method to disseminate that information. And like you also mentioned, the advancements in technology have only added to the confusion. So while such advancements have helped bring evidence, data, and information to the forefront, it has also attracted dishonest individuals who can easily use that technology to make false claims and create false visual evidence.

But here is what I think: if bigfoot is a topic that you are highly interested in, and you would like to continue being involved in the community, even if it is just reading on the forums or whatever, then you should probably try to avoid letting these difficulties push you away from the subject altogether. But if such difficulties have completely taken all of the fun, or mystery, or whatever you like about the subject, out of it, then perhaps disconnecting completely is the proper course. I get so irritated at hoaxers in general, but this is a great example of the more subtle impacts they have on the community. I would think that the majority of such people don't care one way or the other, and I'm sure a portion of them are creating hoaxes because they find the idea of sasquatch itself to be ludicrous.

I find lots of things absolutely dumb, but I don't attempt to go poop on some other community's parade. Rain on their parade I mean. For instance, I am not what I would call a believer in extraterrestrials visiting earth, yet I don't go out and hoax UFO videos or anything. And I would hope that the majority of people follow the same pattern. And I also still find myself getting involved in discussions on the issue from time to time, yet despite my skepticism I still actually look at any evidence that is there, as well as listen to what eyewitnesses are saying, and don't just attempt to bash the topic itself because I don't believe in it.

Or take your example of what you described as an aura, coupled with an intense sound. Since I believe sasquatch to be nothing more than mammals, who aren't imbued with any supernatural powers, I immediately look for other explanations, instead of coming out and telling you it didn't happen. I guess my point is that there are people who, when hearing a claim that runs completely counter to their belief system, honestly think that they MUST be correct in assuming that the other person is wrong, or is crazy, etc...So that is just another type of person I feel is having a detrimental effect on the community at large.

I just wish more people were able to not be convinced of something, yet still be open to the possibility. I completely forgot where I was heading with all this, lol, if I had a point to make at all. I suppose I was just writing as I was thinking first about why people are driven to hoax in the majority of instances, and how they negatively affect the community, which then turned into other things that have a negative effect on the community.

I also inferred you meant that it doesn't matter if a piece of evidence is a hoax or not, because there is going to be the possibility of it being a hoax looming over one's head, which in turn makes it completely impossible to get excited about any visual evidence, since one doesn't want to be made a fool of by believing in something that was never real to begin with. We can debate the various probabilities of something being hoaxed based on what we see, but there is no certainty in such evidence. To be honest, if I hadn't seen one of these animals, I very well could have left the community by now, ignoring sasquatch altogether. So I can imagine how hard it could be for someone who is torn between belief and doubt, since they must rely strictly on outside information.

And some of the arguments used against sasquatch, or if a person doesn't understand just how some of those arguments against sasquatch could be wrong, it might even cause an eyewitness to question if they actually saw what they saw. It is one thing to have an encounter, but if you are constantly having people telling you that what you saw wasn't real, some people are bound to start questioning it themselves. Especially if their encounter happened a very long time ago, and the details have become hazier over time.

I constantly find myself thinking about how things would be better for the community if the animal would finally be documented. But something else to realize is that the community as a whole is going to change big time once that occurs. I wonder though if there will be a massive influx of people onto forums like this one, people trying to learn more about the animals, or whether the community will decline because there is nothing left to search for anymore. There still will be a community regardless, but it will be different, as we won't spend any time debating existence. I look forward to that day, because what interests me the most is the "how" regarding these animals. I think that we will find many of our hypotheses to be correct, stuff like how they've remained undetected, etc...But I also think we will be surprised in some instances.

I will finish up by saying that I believe you should contemplate if sasquatch is an important topic for you in general. Seeing as how you've had an experience, I could see this being the case. And then you have to decide if your interest in the subject is fulfilled in some way despite the drawbacks to an open community. I mean if you aren't getting anything out of it, or are feeling more drained from it all than you are more positive things, then perhaps leaving the scene altogether is the best course of action. Or maybe you are thinking the same way I am, where it feels sort of like you're just hanging on, waiting for the finale...which is discovery in this case.

I think that I will finally have a feeling of accomplishment...no, restfullness, when discovery occurs. So I think that is definitely part of the reason I'm still around. I mean think about this...If one knows that sasquatch exist, then obviously they are not participating in discussions on sasquatch in an attempt to figure out whether the animals exist or don't exist. So they're either trying to learn more, or share what they've learned themselves. So it is probably important to analyze your own motives as to why you're participating in the community, and then as I said, weight the pros and cons.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck. I hope you figure out what the best course of action is for yourself. But if you know these animals are real, then you've got a leg up on many people, and that means that you don't have to let all the hoaxers and other junk bother you...since at the end of the day, you've had an experience and therefore "know." No amount of hoaxes or of people telling you that you're wrong will change that. Because having a sighting is not subjective, and there is less room for error since you do not have to really interpret what you saw. Interpretation and subjectivity can very easily lead in a hairy direction, while simple observation of something tangible is a completely different thing.

Now i know what I saw and have experienced and have even seen the proof that has been left behind. This will never leave me nor will it be erased, and yes I have the pictures of their foot prints , tree markers,and everything else related to them. i have also experienced things that I cannot explain by science that I can only call paranormal.

At this stage in my life I feel that I have reach a point where i can no longer go forward with these creatures. So I guess I can say that I am at a level where you are at. I can provide answers but who is to say that that answers that I give are answers you choose to believe. All I can say is that you must experience what I have experience your self in order to believe. People can go on believing what they want to believe that these creatures are ape's ,or that they are human. I believe in what our ancestors have told us in the past and that there is more to these creatures. I have not lost my interest in these creatures as much as I have lost my interest in seeking the help or conformation of what these creatures may be.

Sorry to hear you're burned out, Asarjip, but understandable. This board is a good example of all the good and bad of the BF phenomenon. Some great, great people, and many here to derail anything like positive dialogue. It's a shame, really. I digress.

I would be interested to hear more about your "aural confrontation" and your encounter in general. Is it posted in another thread? Interesting that the confrontation came in the morning and not at night. Was it a sort of "wake up and get out!", or something else?

I think having a confrontation out in the middle of nowhere would be the worst imaginable scenario. You have to leave and leave quickly, but there would be a real threat of exhaustion of injury trying to run all the way out to a road. What was your reaction when you were (presumably) screamed at? How did your reaction increase or minimize the threat?

Thanks for your post!

My encounter took place on the lake property I grew up on.  The camp site/play area was our common beach area about 500 yards or so from our main house.  Alot like kids camping in their back yards.

I had returned to the camp site to clean the place up.  No one slept there as a result of the night sighting we had.  I was riding my dirt bike and after I started to poke around the camp area, I had a really bad feeling of being watched or not being alone.  After not more than 3-4 minutes of arrival, I heard/felt a very deep, loud short grunt.  Like a deep throat clearing sound.  Its depth of volume and the fact I could feel it in my chest scared me so bad I almost lost the ability to move.  

I never saw what made the noise.  Although I had no previous experience with these creatures, I knew in an instant that it was saying, "go away!"

I jumped on the motorcycle and hauled butt up to my house and told my father something yelled at me.  He could see I was pretty upset.  He grabbed our shotgun and we walked back down to the camp site together (I'm sure he probably thought it was a drunk fisherman).  When we got there, the bad feeling was gone and I could tell whatever had been there was no longer around.

thank you guys very much for the thoughtful responses. I am a true believer....just need to get away from the Finding Bigfoots and Rick Dyers of the world.  I still love the "romance" of the true bigfoot lore of the 70's and 80's.

I also am amazed when I put myself back into the memory of my encounter, I still get goose bumps.

One thing is for sure, I have never been able to relax in the woods since.  I have taken my kids camping and, while I've tried to hide it from them, I am one nervous puppy.

I have no intention of giving up but the extent of my bigfooting will be internet and forum based.

Hello asarjip,

Hey, that's good! Then we'll be seein' ya around? If so then welcome back. How are you at analysing databases, or adding data into one. I'm thinking of the SSR here on the Forum, or John Green's which I can to give you to look over.

Edited by hiflier

Guest LarryP

Personally, I tend to shy away from outlandish claims like mind speak, telepathy, teleportation, association with orbs, and habituation claims with spiritual implications for the humans. It seems that if any of this stuff were true, these "knowers" would present proof of such claims, but, rather conveniently, they claim to choose not to do so because of their desire to protect the creature,

And to "protect" their own privacy.

Surely you're aware that there are quite a few so-called "researchers" who are more than a little unscrupulous who frequent the BFF in search of prey?

And to "protect" their own privacy.

The best way to accomplish this is to keep any such claims to one's self. It doesn't seem productive to make claims without any intention to substantiate them if you want to protect your privacy, especially when you choose to defend such claims against those that question them.

Prey? Care to elaborate? If by prey you mean locations where they can shoot a sasquatch and provide a specimen then I wouldn't worry too much as that has not happened yet.

Guest LarryP

The best way to accomplish this is to keep any such claims to one's self. It doesn't seem productive to make claims without any intention to substantiate them if you want to protect your privacy, especially when you choose to defend such claims against those that question them.

Where is it written that anyone and everyone on the BFF has to "substantiate" their experience's if they decide to share them here of the forum?

Prey? Care to elaborate? If by prey you mean locations where they can shoot a sasquatch and provide a specimen then I wouldn't worry too much as that has not happened yet.

I'm not a habituator. But if I was, I wouldn't provide my location to some stranger that contacted me through an internet forum.

That would be for a lot of reasons beside the fact that they may want to collect a specimen.

Guest LarryP

I believe they want to make claims to draw attention to themselves, which is the exact opposite of protecting their privacy.

I think that's a blanket statement, which does not apply to everyone who chooses to share information.

No, only those that do so while you claim they want their privacy protected, and is why they choose not to substantiate their claims.

Guest LarryP

Then that leads to your personal opinion of what constitutes substantiation. 

How is someone supposed to provide proof that fits into your own personal paradigm regarding "logical and realistic information without all of the anthropomorphic and paranormal associations" ?

I mean, you've already clearly stated that it's all a bunch of hooey, as far as you're concerned.

That's cool. But it also appears that you don't want anyone who doesn't agree with you to just keep it to themself,  if their experience doesn't jibe with your personal view of what constitutes reality.

Edited by LarryP