I Am Feeling More And More Disconnected From The Bigfoot Community

I find myself getting more and more "turned off" by the whole scene.

Yea, I can relate, back in our day there were a few books you could read, there were a handful of journalists looking into reports, and although there were a handful of bigfooters about you did not really hear about it.  Thus, there was not any live streaming information out there which in one way was limiting, but on the other hand we were not inundated with the silly, crazy, bizarre and ridiculous on a constant basis. People screaming and beating sticks in the forest, claiming feeding stations and psychic connections.   It is depressing.  Back then you did not hear about much but what you did find was serious...

Speaking of ducking and dodging, I provided you a link regarding unknown human DNA.

Yes, however that is not what was being asked or discussed. The original claim made by DWA was that alleged bigfoot samples have been analyzed and returned a result of " unknown primate DNA". He claims this has happened numerous times. When asked to support this pretty impressive claim with some sort of documentation he either clams up or disappears from the thread completely. He then finally returned and basically said it happened because he heard some people say it happened. And that their claim--minus any evidence whatsoever--should be considered as truthful until proven otherwise. This from someone who is a self proclaimed super scientist. From someone who says he accepts no claims without evidence. Yet here he is doing exactly that. No evidence at all to back up his claim, yet he says it must be true until proven otherwise. That is not science, that is pseudoscience. That is an attempt to provide negative evidence against a rival theory rather than provide positive evidence for a claim.  Not very scientific DWA.  

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Yea, I can relate, back in our day there were a few books you could read, there were a handful of journalists looking into reports, and although there were a handful of bigfooters about you did not really hear about it.  Thus, there was not any live streaming information out there which in one way was limiting, but on the other hand we were not inundated with the silly, crazy, bizarre and ridiculous on a constant basis. People screaming and beating sticks in the forest, claiming feeding stations and psychic connections.   It is depressing.  Back then you did not hear about much but what you did find was serious...

Couldn't have said it better myself and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.  THANK YOU!

t.

Yeah, it's become largely an exercise in sorting out the trash.

How to do that?  Well YMMV, but my method:

If a wildlife biologist wouldn't propose it, it's trash, pretty much.

OK, it's "look, anything's possible but I'm not putting the Cadillac and the timeshare on that roll of the dice, thanks."

Hello DWA,

^^^Accusing others of ducking and dodging when they have responded to you six ways to Sunday is a time-honored method of ducking and dodging.

Sure, whatever you say, heh-heh.

I think that it is a misnomer to call it a bigfoot community, in actuality we are not much of that.  It is more like we are

all isolated factions of this or that running around spewing our opinions on this or that.  I suppose that the best we

could aspire towards would be to have peaceful discourses and respectful exchanges, but the universal brotherhood of squatchers

is still a long way off, still too much disagreement on the terms.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Hello Lake County Bigfoot,

Identifying a stumbling block is always a good thing and so I agree with what you say. There is a solution though if everyone can somehow put aside their differences and egos. For the most part we all want the same thing which says that the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts. If folks can collectively focus on the goal of proof it would go a long way in solving the mystery.

Let's face it. Folks have tried many things. They're STILL trying many things but not at all in a cohesive manner. One thing that hasn't been tried is developing a universal strategy that would be accepted, and could be implemented, easily by a large well informed, well orchestrated effort. A sort of North American collective whose goal is securing the proof necessary for exposing the truth of the BF phenomenon; bring it to mainstream; and therefore science.

Sounds good but probably isn't realistic for most. Although, in my way of thinking, It could very well be the first and last push the subject would ever need.

Edited by hiflier

I'll keep my ego and my differences, thank y' very much.   If you want to give up yours, be my guest.   :)

Some of these differences we share are based on ETHICAL differences.   Whether I agree with another person on the details or not, I would not ask them to do something that amounts to an ethical compromise.   I think doing so is the ultimate in disrespect. 

MIB

hiflier,

It has been pointed out to you on several occasions, by myself and others, that there are a significant number of bigfoot enthusiasts who have no interest in proving that bigfoot exist. You will continue to be frustrated as long as you fail to recognize (and accept) the fact that what someone else might want from bigfootery is different from what you would like to get from it.

Also keep in mind that among those who are attempting to prove bigfoot's existence, techniques will vary based on that researcher's idea and/or perception of what the creatures are. Until a consensus is reached concerning the identity of bigfoot, methodologies will vary (sometimes wildly) depending on the beliefs of the researcher.

Guest keninsc

hiflier,

It has been pointed out to you on several occasions, by myself and others, that there are a significant number of bigfoot enthusiasts who have no interest in proving that bigfoot exist. You will continue to be frustrated as long as you fail to recognize (and accept) the fact that what someone else might want from bigfootery is different from what you would like to get from it.

Also keep in mind that among those who are attempting to prove bigfoot's existence, techniques will vary based on that researcher's idea and/or perception of what the creatures are. Until a consensus is reached concerning the identity of bigfoot, methodologies will vary (sometimes wildly) depending on the beliefs of the researcher.

That's true, I don't understand that line of thinking but everyone has the right to think as they do. And also, if what they're doing isn't getting the result then I was always of the opinion that I would need to try something different. Much like on the show, "Finding Bigfoot", they do the same things over and over again and again and get about the same results every time. However, they keep calling their results "successes", when in fact they still don't have the definitive proof they claim to be looking for.

Hello keninsc,

And isn't that the point I'm making? No one has to give up any differences or egos- just sideline them for the "hunt". Trying something different would be BECAUSE nothing else so far has seemed to work. Give the NAWAC another year? sure, of course I will. Give BC Witness's group time? You betcha. The Grendel Project? No Problem.

But if in a year if things are where they are now it'll be another year after that for anything an a larger scale to get off the ground. Start now making inroads to connect resources then in a year, if nothing materializes, the stage will be set for experienced and unexperienced alike to get active IN THE FIELD, where it counts. 

What? You think I don't have a plan? Au contraire!

Speaking of ducking and dodging, I provided you a link regarding unknown human DNA.

Unknown Primate DNA ? Whut?

The Denisovan DNA was sequenced, the percentages of shared DNA were calculated, they know where on the human branch they fit.

It is a population of Homo that shares both Neandertal and Modern Human DNA

The most significant finding in the paper is the demonstration that some living humans trace significant fraction of their ancestry to the population represented by the Denisova genome.

http://johnhawks.net/weblog/reviews/neandertals/neandertal_dna/denisova-nuclear-genome-reich-2010.html 

Guest keninsc

Hello keninsc,

And isn't that the point I'm making? No one has to give up any differences or egos- just sideline them for the "hunt". Trying something different would be BECAUSE nothing else so far has seemed to work. Give the NAWAC another year? sure, of course I will. Give BC Witness's group time? You betcha. The Grendel Project? No Problem.

But if in a year if things are where they are now it'll be another year after that for anything an a larger scale to get off the ground. Start now making inroads to connect resources then in a year, if nothing materializes, the stage will be set for experienced and unexperienced alike to get active IN THE FIELD, where it counts. 

What? You think I don't have a plan? Au contraire!

Well, don't we all have a plan? That was the point I was making, The large groups run off a committee mentality which means that they will make no great leaps or find what they're looking for. Why wait, if you have your stuff in one sock then push off and head up river, so to speak. 

Hello keninsc,

Well, don't we all have a plan?

Well, IDK. Do "we"?

That was the point I was making,

If the point you made had worked we wouldn't be having this discussion.

The large groups run off a committee mentality which means that they will make no great leaps or find what they're looking for.

A generality I do not subscribe to at all although I am fully aware of the potential quagmire. Anyone who has known here me knows I PLAN things. I wouldn't even mention it if I didn't have one. AND it's designed for a larger involvement. There are contingencies, factors, logistics, people......yeah, it's involved but not complicated. It would blow the BFRO out of the water.

Why wait, if you have your stuff in one sock then push off and head up river, so to speak. 

More socks going up that river is better  Hard to explain here without derailing the thread more than I have. ;)

Edited by hiflier

hiflier,

I challenge you to please (in a new thread, so as to not derail this one any further) clearly state your plan for proving the existence of bigfoot, the one that would blow the BFRO out of the water? That way we can all jump in the same wagon and ride it to sasquatch glory.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Bonehead74