Sasquatch Feces

NathanFooter

Ok I dug up some photos. Here is a photo of myself holding up the frozen scat. Another of my son sitting in the nest site after the snow was gone and something cleaned out the moss and grass mat. The 3rd is what the scat stains looked like after the area warmed up.post-1151-0-34335200-1398107664_thumb.jppost-1151-0-80395400-1398107691_thumb.jppost-1151-0-70014200-1398107710_thumb.jp

Very interesting, I found nest site { from something } in very thick area, practically choked in with low growing pine with a larger pine blocking any view to the site from the direction of the trail that bends down to the creek.   The nests seemed like a shallow bowl in the ground with a white pine limbs compressed into the bottom sort of like a bed.

Your photos are striking due to the very similar layout of the nest and over all cover nearby, the main differences are that the nest I found had the pine limbs in the bottom of a depression and that there was some willow  growing up on the side toward the creeks direction.

Thanks for sharing Skywalker, I would like to see more of your findings and such.

Thanks, Skywalker.  Very interesting.  I think they construct larger dens as well, based on some reports.  I've found locations that had been used and then deconstructed as well.

Here is all the proof needed, official signage ! LOL

Hahahahaha xD

We outdoorsy types who like to learn about animals are a strange bunch, arent we... playing with excrement in the name of science...

Skywalker thanks for posting about them raiding the trappers sets and leaving rocks on top in trade thats very interesting. Do you know of any other cases where they have done that or are there reports from what you have found that I can look on line and read?

There are many reports of them gifting when they take something. It seems to be done as a gesture. They don't seem to place value on objects gifted as we might. There is plenty of accounts of interaction with hunters, fishermen, and trappers, but they are the most secretive people out there. As far as what there is to read, I suggest read everything you can. This type of research is like gold panning. You have to sort through a lot of dirt to find a few nuggets.

Hello Skywalker,

...As far as what there is to read, I suggest read everything you can. This type of research is like gold panning. You have to sort through a lot of dirt to find a few nuggets.

That sounds absolutely indentical to being on a Forum ;)