N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

I think the resilience of cougar or bear would surprise you. As a former houndsman I've seen some pretty spectacular jumps from heights to get out of the tree.

I found this one, it's not 45 feet, but I wouldn't bet against the cougar if it was.

Pretty amazing.

Cats are not equal to a Bipedal Ape/Human creature.  They are innately able to withstand huge falls based on their construction.  You know that their leg bones are not directly under their body, they also have an in air righting ability.  Cats can survive falls from 19 story buildings with a chipped tooth.  

We've seen them in trees. As I said, we previously thought it was only smaller, younger ones as the thing I saw jump from one tree to another couldn't have weighed more than 100 pounds or so and that's typically what we've seen, but we have multiple accounts now from our operations in X of apes in trees. We're not speculating, we've caught them in the act. The major change this year is it appears as though larger animals might also be up in trees and literally leveraging their mass to bring them down. 

In the case of the tree I saw fall down, I also saw something large and dark fall through the foliage, wait about three seconds, then run off at high speed. It fell into heavy brush so I heard and felt the impact and then saw a quick flash of grayish colored critter fly off like the wind.

Secondary impacts could be from the tree that's fallen or other parts of trees it's taken out on the way down or it could be the animal responsible for the break. In the case of the one I saw, it was undoubtedly the animal. 

Lets be clear what the claims are, and work from there shall we? It doesn't look to me like Bipto is beating around the bush about what he thinks is making the tree's fall.  These are super large, super fast and super strong wood ninja's.   :cool:

• Upvote 1

I'd not presume to know what Bipto thinks about this, other than what he's already said. I think I can safely say we know him as a "just telling you what happened" kind of guy as well. He keeps a lot of credibility with me, and probably with some others here, because of that. If there is more to know, I'm sure he'll tell us in due course.  I pity him all the reading he may have to do to catch up to this crowd when he returns though....

I wasn't. I was very clear when I said proof, so there should be no question as to what I meant.

I know you were.  I was meaning the whole, "I-can't-consider-evidence-until-there-is-proof" vs. the "Yes-you-can-because-evidence-leads-to-proof" rabbit hole. Nobody gets much out of those debates, at least I don't. We all know where everyone stands on that point, I think.

I agree WSA, which was why I was careful to say proof instead of evidence so as to not spark one of those circular debates.  

Cats are not equal to a Bipedal Ape/Human creature. They are innately able to withstand huge falls based on their construction. You know that their leg bones are not directly under their body, they also have an in air righting ability. Cats can survive falls from 19 story buildings with a chipped tooth.

I have no idea what an ape is or isn't capable of concerning jumping out of a tree. But I would guess as natural climbers that they are better apt at surviving a fall than we can.

Humans are endurance runners and we are built for long distance travel. Which means is the order of primates we are built fairly light comparitively.

So I cannot say that a 10-45 ft fall is going to kill or maim an ape, as I know other animals such as bear or cougar are capable of this.

And humans!

Doesn't seem like any of these guys are maimed or dead.

SO, perhaps, when one considers somebody that's in shape, has good strength to mass ratio, and is coordinated, it isn't impossible.

Drew - I think perhaps you are assuming that the humans you like to compare BF to are in the same sort of physical shape.  That is incorrect.

Additionally - what happens to fat, lazy, uncoordinated animals in the wild?

With that said, I think we can say that a primate will not necessarily be injured from a coordinated jump from up to 40 feet.

It has been established.

OK, so maybe they can survive a 20-30 ft fall or whatever, they still are not breaking a 2ft healthy tree at the base.  Period.  It is impossible and I will not buy it any more than the stuff you see in the paranormal threads.

You guys are certainly quick to call something impossible before you even know what that "something" is you're describing. "Highly improbable on first report?" Oh yeah, all day long. World is full of those though. Like these guys doing this stuff off of buildings. Whoa nelly...makes my hands sweat just to think about it.  And lots of other things that are, you know, way to personal to mention here, but involve super-models... well, O.K., we are back to impossible again...

Doesn't seem like any of these guys are maimed or dead.

Now punch in- "Parkour fail" and see what happens to people who are in shape.

Remember we don't have say Bigfoot couldn't survive some of the falls, just that he would fail some of the falls, and provide a specimen to science, which he hasnt.

Leaping from 45 feet at 700 pounds is going to win Darwin Awards, not win at the evolution game.