N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Hello Bipto,

I have learned much thanks to you, Slabdog and the rest of the NAWAC Team who have been here. I wish all of you success in your mission which would translate to success for all of us and Bigfootdom in general. Your engagement here on the BFF has been one of great value just so you know.

Thank you all and be safe.

hiflier.

Edited by hiflier

I agree Terry - the tree snap is a head scratcher.

However, Bipto said it 'looked' healthy.

Doesn't mean it was.

Bipto said he saw a gray figure leaving the area - I don't believe he said it was a woodape.

Bipto reserves the right to be wrong at times, but just b/c he's wrong once doesn't automatically make him wrong on all counts as some folks would like us to believe.

Yup, I agree 100%!  

t.

Yup, I agree 100%!  

t.

He did leave little doubt as to whether or not it was a wood ape. I had been arguing the flash of grey as well, but then someone corrected me by quote mining this thread. 

M

bipto, on 20 Jun 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:snapback.png

We've seen them in trees. As I said, we previously thought it was only smaller, younger ones as the thing I saw jump from one tree to another couldn't have weighed more than 100 pounds or so and that's typically what we've seen, but we have multiple accounts now from our operations in X of apes in trees. We're not speculating, we've caught them in the act. The major change this year is it appears as though larger animals might also be up in trees and literally leveraging their mass to bring them down. 

In the case of the tree I saw fall down, I also saw something large and dark fall through the foliage, wait about three seconds, then run off at high speed. It fell into heavy brush so I heard and felt the impact and then saw a quick flash of grayish colored critter fly off like the wind.

Secondary impacts could be from the tree that's fallen or other parts of trees it's taken out on the way down or it could be the animal responsible for the break. In the case of the one I saw, it was undoubtedly the animal. 

Edited by dmaker

Trying to educate through unstructured dialogue on a web forum is rather pointless.  One who attempts it has no one to blame but himself for trying.  Do what scientists do:  write and publish reports.

The author can accept written questions on his reports, then publish each question and his response.  The reports and associated ciated Q&A documents can be archived so that everyone has access to the record.  The author can add new reports to update his progress, as needed.

That said, the opus seems to be in keeping with the tone of Area X -- much drama and egocentrism, little substance.

Moderator Statement:

This topic is now open. Please be aware of forum rules when posting.

The approach in Area X at least appears to be well thought out, and a large group of people researching consistently seems to be working.   I wish there was an effort like this happening right now in the Pacific Northwest.  With such a rich history in this area, it seems there are multiple areas out there where this effort would be highly successful.   Good luck to the NAWAC. 

Man, I'm really disappointed to see Bipto go. But as evidenced by my own need to put people on Ignore, this place has become a sideshow of sorts. I can't blame him in the least, but I wish he could have just ignored the ones so obviously working to get a rise out of him and/or derail dialogue. Really and truly, a shame. 

Still, there are good people here exchanging good ideas and research and encounters. I look forward to the day we can all raise a glass to Bipto and say, "Job well done. Now let's get to cataloging this species and learning all we can to protect its habitat."

I imagine then he will be back. And all the cockroaches will have fled with the lights of truth burning so brightly.

Good luck, Bipto.

• Upvote 1

The approach in Area X at least appears to be well thought out, and a large group of people researching consistently seems to be working.

How does it seem to be working?  What progress can be shown?

But there are no hard questions to ask.  Bipto's take on what he's been getting from dissenters is utterly spot on.  There's no basis for questioning what someone says unless one has evidence that they're lying.  Despite what people may think, the observations from X aren't at all outlandish, and the people questioning them have highlighted more than anything else what they don't know about animals, the outdoors, human nature and the area in question.  To name only a few things.

Guest Suesquach

This is where Bipto shares his experiences and that of his group. It seems to always end in a witch hunt. I'm sorry to see Bipto leave as I really am interested in what goes on in Area X. Best of luck to NAWAC! Hope to hear great news from you in the future.

Man, I'm really disappointed to see Bipto go. But as evidenced by my own need to put people on Ignore, this place has become a sideshow of sorts. I can't blame him in the least, but I wish he could have just ignored the ones so obviously working to get a rise out of him and/or derail dialogue. Really and truly, a shame. 

Still, there are good people here exchanging good ideas and research and encounters. I look forward to the day we can all raise a glass to Bipto and say, "Job well done. Now let's get to cataloging this species and learning all we can to protect its habitat."

I imagine then he will be back. And all the cockroaches will have fled with the lights of truth burning so brightly.

Good luck, Bipto.

So skeptical inquiries make one a cockroach now? That's nice. 

But there are no hard questions to ask.  Bipto's take on what he's been getting from dissenters is utterly spot on.  There's no basis for questioning what someone says unless one has evidence that they're lying.  Despite what people may think, the observations from X aren't at all outlandish, and the people questioning them have highlighted more than anything else what they don't know about animals, the outdoors, human nature and the area in question.  To name only a few things.

Please list for us all the North American animals that are capable of breaking a healthy two-foot diameter tree at the base.  If you cannot, then there certainly is a basis for questioning when someone claims something like that. 

Do you not question when someone claims that bigfoot hops dimensions and rides around in spaceships? Of course you do. 

Edited by dmaker

Folks, the simple matter is that Nawac will likely continue to encounter what most other witnesses and researchers report happening. Discussions about it get tiring when there is no evidence to go with it, and in the absence of proof, it all starts to smell bad and becomes pointless to continue. This is the cycle that so many encounter when trying to "educate" people on a forum. There are many that just won't be educated like that, some of which know better, and some just deliberate cynics.

• Upvote 1

Statements like this are exactly why this field needs skepticism.

• Upvote 4