N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

I hate to bring up the tree incident again and along with most of you, I agree with the healthy 24in diameter tree base not likely to be broken off as was described and there had to be something else that was not posted. I wanted to hear what was found after a thorough follow up. That being said, I had a similar thing happen to me before I even considered bf to be anything but a distant myth.

I was bow hunting in a hardwoods flat on the edge of thick pines and facing the hardwoods. There was no wind (very important when bow hunting is to know your wind) and a huge tree came crashing down about 100-200 yards away from me. I could not see it because some of the leaves were still on the trees. It scared the crap out of me and in my mind, I pictured a bear climbing or pushing over this huge tree and looking back at it now, I heard no other sound and if it was a bear, I should have heard it either running or ripping apart the tree after it was felled. The most likely explanation is that it was just a natural event with very strange timing. Just by listening to the way the tree hit the ground, I am sure it was gigantic and rotten. I never did go look for the tree as by the time I got out of the tree and packed up, it was well after dark.

Could it have been something else trying to scare me out of the area? Yes and it wasn't the only thing that happened to me in that same area. I will tell you one thing and that is the tree that went down while I was hunting scared the crap out of me and if that was some animals intent, they succeeded.

I was looking forward to learning what Brian and the rest of the guys found when they went back to investigate the incident and also hoping to see some pictures of the tree and area before I commented on it. I guess I, like many others will have to wait for a podcast to hear what they found.

Guest Stan Norton

Is there an NDA requirement if you visit Area X?

Even if someone went there and saw nothing, would they be violating the NDA if they came on here and said "I didn't see anything", or take it a step further, what if they saw something fishy going on? Would they be under the NDA Umbrella?

The fact that there are regular podcasts from there, the latest one featuring a highly sceptical naturalist, puts paid to that one I think. Or is Miz a nawac stooge??!?? Good grief, is there no end to the deceit???!!

Goodbye.

So, I guess this means you won't be showing us photos of the healthy 24" diameter hardwood tree, broken at the trunk then?

I have done a more detailed drawing, and if Bipto was here, he could tell me if this was a clearer representation.

Drawing is to scale.

8lj6.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think the truth here is that Bipto has come to a realization,

and one that I certainly respect.  He realized the drain that

this forum was putting on him.  We are not all that wealthy

and able to easily give our free time away, and when you

consider the amount of time Bipto has given here, well...

It makes sense to me to limit the amount of time spent

on this forum given all he has undertaken to do, the radio

show and the NAWAC page will suffice for disseminating

information

that being said I will greatly miss the updates...

Will the last person to leave please turn out the lights when they go? At that point, all those who waste their time convincing the others that they are wasting theirs will have achieved their stated goal.   They can all then be free to go on to wasting their time on something else, with somebody else.

What is lost is only a plausible explanation that jibes with the evidence. (Oh yeah, we sort of missed that, huh?) We never even got to that stage on this latest episode reported from X, and in the absence of complete and better information it spun completely off into the weeds, where Bipto found it. Who does have the stamina for that kind of nonsense? I sure don't, you can count on that. Sounds to me like he doesn't either.

To the best of my ability to tell, the members of the NAWAC doing this investigation, and Brian as their representative, came here in good faith to present only what they've seen and documented. It has been the most consistent and scholarly approach to this mystery that I've found here in these pages... on a par with the research Bill M. has done on the P/G film. The implicit message in many of the response to him here (as well as to Bill)  has been...consistently stated, and said in many ways..."we don't believe you", because what you say doesn't comport with what we think we know. In the alternative, the message usually is, "We don't like your methods, and we want you to denounce them."  Let's also not forget the ever popular, "Admit to me that at a deadline of my choosing, you'll admit defeat."

Through all of this nonsense, plausible explanations of the evidence presented is then shunted to the bottom of the deck, where it usually languishes. As long as enough cracking and babbling is kept up, those inconvenient questions can be dodged by those who might find them uncomfortable to address. This latest case in point is only the most recent example of that process.

Well, hot news here...the NAWAC member are not going to give up, or change their goal. What they will do though is no longer share that information on this forum. 

Way to go.

Like I said, please get the light.

• Upvote 2

You guys do realize that Bipto is smart enough to know that if they bag one he will have a really hard time carrying on like there is no specimen on this forum while all kinds of chaos would be going on behind the scenes? It would be easier to appear to leave in a huff before one is taken down to avoid all the suspicions as to why he can't respond to every little comment. They don't want you to know when they get one, because you get one chance to pull the "we have a body" claim.

• Upvote 1

You know, I'm tired of others being blamed for Bipto's exit. He didn't mind sharing his info and observations when members were in agreement or otherwise enamored with his conclusions, yet when someone wanted to question some of those observations, he left.

I'll say this once again - If you make claims of any type without expecting questions from the skeptical, you're being unrealistic. Also, if you expect others to not ask questions for fear of the OP becoming offended and leaving, that's unrealistic, too.

• Upvote 3

So, I guess this means you won't be showing us photos of the healthy 24" diameter hardwood tree, broken at the trunk then?

I have done a more detailed drawing, and if Bipto was here, he could tell me if this was a clearer representation.

Drawing is to scale.

8lj6.jpg

I found this:

http://ohioline.osu.edu/sc195/028.html

Notice the white oak of a DBA of 18.5" (diameter breast height) is only 41 feet tall.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_alba

A 90+ ft white oak is a rare specimen and a bomber of a tree, and will be way larger than 24" at the butt.

This is just my online research I have no white oak even remotely close to me.....any body else chime in?

Picture of a white oak

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/Quercus_alba.jpg

Edited by norseman

I thought the witness said the beast was 45' up in the tree.

If the tree is only 50' tall, for example, the physics of breaking it off at the trunk become even more ridiculous.

Will the last person to leave please turn out the lights when they go? At that point, all those who waste their time convincing the others that they are wasting theirs will have achieved their stated goal.   They can all then be free to go on to wasting their time on something else, with somebody else.

What is lost is only a plausible explanation that jibes with the evidence. (Oh yeah, we sort of missed that, huh?) We never even got to that stage on this latest episode reported from X, and in the absence of complete and better information it spun completely off into the weeds, where Bipto found it. Who does have the stamina for that kind of nonsense? I sure don't, you can count on that. Sounds to me like he doesn't either.

To the best of my ability to tell, the members of the NAWAC doing this investigation, and Brian as their representative, came here in good faith to present only what they've seen and documented. It has been the most consistent and scholarly approach to this mystery that I've found here in these pages... on a par with the research Bill M. has done on the P/G film. The implicit message in many of the response to him here (as well as to Bill)  has been...consistently stated, and said in many ways..."we don't believe you", because what you say doesn't comport with what we think we know. In the alternative, the message usually is, "We don't like your methods, and we want you to denounce them."  Let's also not forget the ever popular, "Admit to me that at a deadline of my choosing, you'll admit defeat."

Through all of this nonsense, plausible explanations of the evidence presented is then shunted to the bottom of the deck, where it usually languishes. As long as enough cracking and babbling is kept up, those inconvenient questions can be dodged by those who might find them uncomfortable to address. This latest case in point is only the most recent example of that process.

Well, hot news here...the NAWAC member are not going to give up, or change their goal. What they will do though is no longer share that information on this forum. 

Way to go.

Like I said, please get the light.

Did you forget that there is no evidence? Not even a photograph of the tree.

Oh, and by the way, you and any one else can go to the NAWAC site or Facebook to continue to get your information feed on Area X.  

Edited by dmaker

Irrelevant to my question.

But since harassment is against forum rules, if anyone was, it would have been dealt with.

• Upvote 1

was anyone harassing him in this thread?

As defined by the forum rules? No.

As defined by his supporters? I'm sure the answer would be "yes."

• Upvote 2