A Question Regarding Government Involvement

Guest JiggyPotamus

Guest JiggyPotamus

Well, after digesting everyone's opinions, which I appreciate by the way, I have to conclude that although there is sparse eyewitness testimony regarding this topic, there is not enough to actually make any type of case out of. The whole reason a case can be made for bigfoot is the fact that there is such an abundance of corroborating testimony regarding just what is being seen, and even in regards to behavior in many instances, as I said in my initial post and as I'm sure others agree with...So unfortunately without much more eyewitness testimony, nobody can really do anything but speculate. Granted, most aspects of bigfoot could be considered speculation, were it not for the abundance of eyewitness reports, which eliminate some of the speculation.

Anyway, I will reiterate the hypothesis that it almost seems impossible for government agencies to be ignorant regarding sasquatch, considering government wildlife organizations are the most likely to receive reports from law enforcement, as law enforcement are going to receive reports or even evidence from the people themselves...And they wouldn't know what to do with it. If a sasquatch gets hit by a car, I can understand someone calling the police. And the police have a chain of command just like the military, and are unlikely to go to the media without approval, and as everyone attempts to seek approval from a higher ranking individual, eventually the government could easily get involved.

I know I was asking about the so-called "MIB'S," but that was mainly because it was a topic that piqued my interest recently, but I suppose one would have to define who these people are before the question could even be addressed. I tend to stay away from aliens or even UFO's in general, and even though there are more reports than those of sasquatch, I realize that many of these reports only detail lights in the sky...Could be a number of things. Part of the problem, from what I understand at least, is that there are people who do not believe these "agents" are actually government individuals. There are all kinds of wild theories, and although they cannot be proven to be incorrect, stuff like this really needs more evidence than what is available.

It is much easier to believe that a large primate has gone scientifically undocumented, despite tens of thousands of sightings over the years, as opposed to some of the wilder alien hypotheses. But you know, as I think about it, what if I would have had some strange event where I witnessed something like that, instead of seeing a bigfoot? Would that have put me in the position of many of the loudest vocalists for alien activity, as opposed to being vocal regarding bigfoot?

Lots of questions, not many answers. I would bet that even if bigfoot is documented in the near future, we will go on being ignorant about them. So anyway, I am not doing detailed research or anything on this particular aspect of bigfoot, but I was just curious as to what others knew. I really do appreciate all the replies and messages as well. Like I was telling someone via PM, it is sad when one has to keep their beliefs to themselves due to certain stigmas associated with a certain topic. But then again, for some those beliefs are just so far-fetched that they cannot refrain from looking on it with disdain.  I suppose it has a lot to do with life experiences. Some have had strange things happen to them, and some haven't. Just because one doesn't believe in something does not mean that thing could not exist. And if it is not a person's beliefs that are urging them to tell others that what they've seen is wrong, but rather has to do with what has been proven or not proven, then we are disregarding the fact that there is always a period of time that something is unproven, but that doesn't mean it is not real. What I mean is that I do not understand completely denying the possibility of anything just because that thing has not been proven to exist to every single person in the world. I can understand denying its existence, but not the possibility of its existence. This is all fairly obvious stuff I suppose, but I was just thinking out loud.

Hello JiggyPotamus,

A nice lucid piece of logic there, my friend. And thank you for the subject of the thread. In thinking about the MIB thing one has to probably take into consideration that if anyone knew who the MIB's were then their mystique would be blown. I'll bet not all of then look likt the Blues Brothers anyway as they would be seen more frequently.As far as the MIB's go though? I did like their movies ;)

I think once you add in UFO's, MIBs, Telepathy, the possibility of bigfoot decreases.

A large unknown elusive primate in North America is one thing. A creature originating from an alien environment by way of ETs, the evidence for which is covered up by government is IMO adding too many layers obscuring the similarities in the majority of reports.

I'd be interested to know whether UFO's and MIB ever came into earlier accounts dating back to before say Kenneth Arnold's UFO sightings.

ROD

Admin

Three men in black said, "Don't report this"

As far as black helocopters goes, the drab green paint on most Army choppers can look black in certain lighting situations. In addition, SPEC OPS/SOCOM birds are sometimes painted black for night operations.

My main question was whether anyone knows of any reports of MIB associated with bigfoot sightings, which exist in the public sighting record, but I also wish to pose another question...Does anyone have any knowledge of such cases or even related incidents that are not publicly available in the sighting record? 

JP - Out of 560ish reports I've read and beaten to death to draw metrics out of them, there is ONE that involves "Men in Black."  While I haven't confirmed it, I'm pretty sure that its GeorgeM's post above.  

This is the short youtube video that I meant to post the first time and does show a suspicious government reaction.

I'm going to watch the video again while I re-read the initial report because I'm fairly sure that the witness is now embellishing.  In addition, there's a reference to something that would be out-of-place in the 70s.  I didn't find this particular report credible when I first read it and I think its going to be less credible now.

By-the-by, after now almost 30 years in government service, the thought of the Federal government effectively covering up any large issue of importance strikes me as ludicrous - we've had CIA covert agents uncovered because their agency insisted that they use government-issued credit cards when travelling. I don't believe I can go much beyond that because a) general forum v. premium forum rules and B) insufficient alcohol intake. 

JP - Out of 560ish reports I've read and beaten to death to draw metrics out of them, there is ONE that involves "Men in Black."  While I haven't confirmed it, I'm pretty sure that its GeorgeM's post above.  

I'm going to watch the video again while I re-read the initial report because I'm fairly sure that the witness is now embellishing.  In addition, there's a reference to something that would be out-of-place in the 70s.  I didn't find this particular report credible when I first read it and I think its going to be less credible now.

By-the-by, after now almost 30 years in government service, the thought of the Federal government effectively covering up any large issue of importance strikes me as ludicrous - we've had CIA covert agents uncovered because their agency insisted that they use government-issued credit cards when travelling. I don't believe I can go much beyond that because a) general forum v. premium forum rules and B) insufficient alcohol intake. 

Would you have any knowledge regarding the fifth species?

You have to admit, if true, that was lots of activity for one bigfoot sighting.

What is out of place in the 70s? 

Most bigfoot reporting sites including BFRO, weed out strange sightings involving UFOs..........I believe. Prove me wrong and show me a site or two.

When we say government covers ups, my thoughts are one high powered cadre within the CIA and a small group within the military/industrial complex hiding information from all others including the president.

Would you have any knowledge regarding the fifth species?

Sorry, I'm only in this deeply enough to try to track down one small segment of the US; divining between different subspecies is beyond my ken. 

Admin

The incident discussed in this thread includes MIB....

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/45096-virginia-shooting/

Anybody think that nowadays (Internet, general knowledge of MIB, "MIB" movies, etc.), that there could be hoaxers who show up after reports and impersonate MIB just for fun or some other whacked reason?

I expect that when an MIB shows up you can determine whether he's there to talk about your bigfoot sighting or your UFO sighting based on whether or not he has a beard. 

As a matter of fact, I postulate that there is a subspecies of MIB, the HMIB, or Hairy Man in Black.

The conflation of bigfoot and UFO's has always turned me off.

The best explanation thus far for a government denial is the Missing 411 theory. If squatches are picking people off every so often and the government has little or no way to do anything about it there would be no point in acknowledging their existence. The official policy seems to try and keep people away from them and them away from us using forest road and campsite closures to do so.

I agree with this.  Squatch would be the spotted owl from hell and you'd think an administration friendly to environmental groups would jump on squatch as a means to expand public lands, but they don't.  So there's a downside that outweighs it. 

Good point JDL. One would think the Sierra Club and other conservation groups would jump on Sasquatch research since proof will click the lock on some lands.  One issue here in Oregon, is much of bigfoots habitat is on private land where logging is not restricted.

When some say the government knows of BF; we need to ask which part of the government and do we have proof?

Sorry, I'm only in this deeply enough to try to track down one small segment of the US; divining between different subspecies is beyond my ken. 

From what I understand, the fifth species is the government's term for UHS/BF. Does make you wonder what 2,3 & 4 are?

Folks claiming more than one unknown, unidentified species of upright probable-primate makes my eyes go cross.