When Existence Is Proven, Then What?

TedSallis

Guest Darrell

Did you see any grizzlies or moose up there?

Perhaps they don't exist either.

Did you spend this weekend in the backcountry looking for BF?  

Funny you should ask. Saw some moose tracks on this trip but no grizzlies.  But I have seen a lot of moose, and have seen a lot of moose that have been shot. Even ate a moose burger a month ago.I  have a good friend who shot a grizzley in Alaska last year. So what was your point? Nobody has found a bigfoot or shot one. Maybe if you footers could actually find a bigfoot you could shut up us critics once and for all. So to answer your original question to me, yes I have been to the PNW and I currently live here in the PNW.   

I wonder if we have met.    

Good question.  I don't know if we've met in person but maybe we know each other from somewhere else online. 

The only event I've been to was the Pac NW Conf on Primal People in Richland WA a couple years ago.   Did you go to that?   

Are you asking about the one that's held over on the coast on the west side of the Olympic Peninsula?   The timing on that is bad for me.  It conflicts with the peak of some of my other interests.   

MIB

Funny you should ask. Saw some moose tracks on this trip but no grizzlies. 

And you know they were moose and not a stomper how?

But I have seen a lot of moose, and have seen a lot of moose that have been shot. Even ate a moose burger a month ago.I  have a good friend who shot a grizzley in Alaska last year. So what was your point?

My point was, you made a comment that you spent a weekend in some place and didn't see a bigfoot, with a subtle implication that it meant there were no bigfoot there.  So I wanted to ask if you saw a grizzly or moose if you would arrive at the same conclusion. 

Nobody has found a bigfoot or shot one.

Depending on who you ask that is.  You mean to say nobody has proven BF exists.

Maybe if you footers could actually find a bigfoot you could shut up us critics once and for all.

I highly doubt that will happen.

So to answer your original question to me, yes I have been to the PNW and I currently live here in the PNW.   

Thank you.  

Guest Darrell

^you are probably right. You will never find one.

I think another good point to ask, is in states where there are confirmed grizzly bear populations are there more sightings of bigfoot or grizzlies?

BFF Patron

"Nobody has found or shot a bigfoot"   I guess I am a nobody because I have found bigfoot more than once.  

A statement like "nobody has found or shot a bigfoot" implies the person who makes the statement knows what everyone in this continent has done since mankind first set foot here.   I did not know we had a deity member of BFF since it would take a deity to know what everyone has found or shot in 10,000 plus years.    A skeptics standard would insist that someone who knows that or what I have done or seen in the past should be able to state with absolute certainty what I had for lunch today since it would take that kind of personal knowledge about me to know what I have seen and done.       That is the sort of standard skeptics apply to witnesses so we should apply the same standards to skeptics.     Any skeptic know what I had for lunch?   Unless you can come up with that, don't tell me what I have found or seen.

MIB, I was in Richland.    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 2

Guest Darrell

I'll tell ya what, bring in the big guy or actual evidence and I'll shut up. Until then don't lecture me on why I'm a skeptic. And I'll say this, I don't believe you and don't take you or any other bigfoot hunter at his or her word. Especially on the internet.

So why waste your time with a group of people you don't believe or take their word  because this forum is on the net ?

• Upvote 1

Mod Statement:

Please see this statement in regard to why some people may be present on our forum:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. On the BFF we accept very little at face value. We may have a tendency to over-analyze claims and be more skeptical than some other forums dedicated to this topic, but we think that is preferable to the alternative.

Skeptics welcome! Assuming you don't come in with preconceived and immovable notions regarding Bigfoot and those who discuss the phenomenon, you'll find a spirited and thought-provoking debate waiting for you here. But keep in mind, this is a Bigfoot forum. You must accept the proponents point of view if you expect yours to be considered. This is by nature a “Bigfoot House†and is intended to foster intelligent discussion of the subject. This is not “The Anti-Bigfoot Forumâ€.

Please understand that the membership of this site is quite diverse. We have those who have dedicated large portions of their lives to the study and investigation of these animals side by side with those with just a lifelong curiosity in them. We have those who have had encounters and those who have not. We have housewives, hunters, those living in urban, suburban, and rural environments, government workers, public service workers (police, fire, and EMT), blue collar, white collar, those with PhD's and those with no formal education, men, women, and people from every part of North America and several other countries throughout the world (but there's always room for one more!). Therefore, the BFF is not of one mind, viewpoint, or experiential background. It is the thoughts, ideas, and opinions of all of its members that are its greatest strengths.

• Upvote 2

I would look forward to getting the answer to a myriad of questions and seeing how much of what we believe about the animal is true.  If they turn out to be some sort of human, I would look forward to when the NFL starts to draft them.  That would really take pro ball to another level...

DWA, Where in Alabama were you? I grew up in what is now called Hoover, it used to be called Bluff Park. We were surrounded by woodlands back then, and I suspect we kids encountered a couple of BF without realizing exactly what was throwing rocks and pine-cones at us:( I had no clue back then about anything to do with BF:(

We were up in Lawrence/Winston Counties...Sipsey Wilderness of the Bankhead, N.F.  I've been tramping up there off and on for the last 30 years or so. It is an amazing piece of topography that DWA had never seen, so he came on down. He is like that, willing to go to extreme measures (like driving all night) to see some new piece of the natural world. I don't think he was dissapointed either. 

Plus 1 to you from me...

I know several supposed experts on BF that do not know what they are talking about.    At least when some serious study is done their expertise will plainly show as lacking.   They will have a brief flash in the pan after discovery and be forgotten when their theories and methods are proven wrong.         

I have a new policy.    I am not going to debate entrenched skeptics, especially those that feel like they can levy tasks on me.    I know that will spoil their fun but I have better things to do.    I know what I know and could care less what they believe, especially when they don't believe or pay attention to anything I say anyway.                      

Very well said, and also excellent advice. Thank you and a plus 1 to you from me:)

I would look forward to getting the answer to a myriad of questions and seeing how much of what we believe about the animal is true.  If they turn out to be some sort of human, I would look forward to when the NFL starts to draft them.  That would really take pro ball to another level...

10 yard penalty for detaching the QB's head?

BFF Patron

Clubbedfoot:   Detached heads and disembowelment should get you ejected from the game or the teams would quickly run out of players.     Your comment suggests why I think the military is or has been interested in BF.     Talk about a universal soldier.    Run 30+ MPH,  able to approach with extreme stealth,   able to use infrasound to stun and disorient your enemies,   see in the dark without night vision goggles,   big and strong enough to take some small arms fire before going down,  wears a natural ghilly suit,   and able to eat off the land.      Sounds like a generals wish list for a better soldier. 

Guest Darrell

^Ya that's why you can't find one....

Edited by Darrell
removed innappropriate language allusion

how many decades of reports and no solid evidence?

not " when" but "if" at this point

how can something supposedly that big exist without a carcass?

some hunters have all kinds of animals on their trail cameras. just 1 BF please