When Existence Is Proven, Then What?

TedSallis

The sun will still rise in the east and set in the west

But I think the chance of this happening is as likely as the sun rising in the west

• Upvote 1

The sun will still rise in the east and set in the west

But I think the chance of this happening is as likely as the sun rising in the west

Why?

I can see just that playing out.     Some researcher will get a fleeting glimpse but not be able to take a photograph quick enough.    They will assume they can do the Jane Goodall thing with BF too because it worked in Africa.    Part of our problems is with BF is treating them like some other animal, that can be tracked, tricked,  and hunted.    Not much of that works with BF.      

What does 'work' with BF?

Surely human beings are able to be 'tracked, tricked and hunted."  Do you think that BF is more intelligent than man?

BFF Patron

I don't think they are more intelligent but could be smarter about things humans once knew and have forgotten in modern society. BF has had millennia to develop human avoidance skills which seem to be their primary directive when around humans. Humans on the other hand have become civilized, in most cases lost our woodaman skills, lost our sense of smell, and are pretty much clueless about things around us most of the time when we are in the woods. Ask any deer hunter how important scent is when they hunt. BF probably can smell other animals like we could at one time. So looking at known animals like cougar, bear, wolverines, etc, humans rarely encounter them. Because even though they are not particularly intelligent, those known animals have adapted to avoiding humans and use scent, sound, and other abilities to avoid us. Throw in the fact that BF may be nearly intelligent as humans, and that just makes it more difficult for humans to hunt, track, or trick BF.

What works? Moving quietly, not talking, not smelling like a perfume counter, being unpredictable, being interesting enough to watch, paying attention to what is going on around you, and a great deal of intuition and luck.

• Upvote 1

In regards to the original question.. if proven then what?

It's already proven, it's a matter of acceptance.  If a person at this point does not believe they are proven, again it will continue to require acceptance.  

• Upvote 1

Guest possessed

I think once proof is found, the hunt will be more intense. Those that currently don't believe will be proven wrong. Everyone will be interested and want more details and in depth study.

Guest diana swampbooger

lol. In my state, the booger groups will get more vocal, begin fighting about the wording on the new 'Florida Specialty License Plates' & demand allocation $$ for this, that & everything else. Will change plate from 'Helping Sea Turtles Survive' to 'Helping Boogers Survive'.

Note to self: buy shares in a drone/IR manufacturing company.

Guest Crowlogic

The battle will then rage as to who actually proved it or brought it in.  Then the battle will be who stole information from who to get there.  Then the battle will be that it was discovered because so and so had secret big money funding and that some small operator will say he was on the verge of bringing it in until big money footer robbed him.  Can anybody seriously think that the issue will become mundane?  No because  too many fathers are teaching sons about bigfoot and lots of bonding is being groomed as a result.  Fabulous footer families so to speak.  There will be dreams smashed, hopes dashed and I suspect more than a couple of suicides.

BFF Patron

Sounds like wishful thinking to me Crow.    I will take the official report down to my neighbor who thinks much like you do and make him read it.     He has yet to look at any evidence I have found.   He refuses to even look at it.    He "knows" that they cannot exist because science does not recognize them. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

UFO's, Biggest fear is being taken by one and what those so called grey's will do to me.

Guest Crowlogic

Sounds like wishful thinking to me Crow.    I will take the official report down to my neighbor who thinks much like you do and make him read it.     He has yet to look at any evidence I have found.   He refuses to even look at it.    He "knows" that they cannot exist because science does not recognize them. 

The difference is you are waiting in hope and I am not waiting for anything.  I'll not tell you to cease going into the field because there is an intrinsic value in going out into the field that transcends bigfoot.  But waiting in hope is only tragic when it is waiting in vain.  But I don't hope for anything.

BFF Patron

UFO's, Biggest fear is being taken by one and what those so called grey's will do to me.

I hear the anal probes are no fun.  

The battle will then rage as to who actually proved it or brought it in.  Then the battle will be who stole information from who to get there.  Then the battle will be that it was discovered because so and so had secret big money funding and that some small operator will say he was on the verge of bringing it in until big money footer robbed him.  Can anybody seriously think that the issue will become mundane?  No because  too many fathers are teaching sons about bigfoot and lots of bonding is being groomed as a result.  Fabulous footer families so to speak.  There will be dreams smashed, hopes dashed and I suspect more than a couple of suicides.

That would be tragic,however very fortunate for us we know it in only fantasy.  What is not  can not be proven. :)

Guest Crowlogic

That would be tragic,however very fortunate for us we know it in only fantasy.  What is not  can not be proven. :)

The bigger danger is if it is ever unproven conclusively.   As long as it's potentially out there there are enough dispensations the believer/searcher can produce to explain why it is not proven.  But I am reminded that in the UFO community during the 70's certain classic cases were being analyzed and one set of photographs (the Trent photos) were put through NASA type computer enhancements and it was determined that the photos were a hoax.  Shortly after the results were published a then well known UFO researcher committed suicide having lost the one thing that he was pinning it all on.  I suspect the same could happen in bigfoot community.  Perhaps this is why Bob Gimlin has never strayed from the story because he might know that some might not handle the confession of hoax very well, that is of course is whether it was indeed a hoax.

Well, I am a cynic, but I will take a stab at this.

In the event that the .gov is forced to admit the existence of a primate in the woods in north America, I suspect the circus that follows will last for 5 years or so. By circus, I mean litigation.

Considering the $ and power and control that can be leveraged by being a player in this circus you will likely see every government agency there is jockeying for their spot at the budget table, and a plethora of NGO's who want to get in on the money train will be out there. I think the usual beltway bandit consulting firms in DC will be a bit out of their expertise, so I see them teaming up with the already established universities and such to try to get the study grants.

There will be those demanding the instant closure of "known habitat", "potential habitat" and "could be okay habitat", and they will demand gov. money to identify those habitats, but that won't stop the previous demand that all people be kept out...during this Critical Evaluation Phase, that will last exactly as long as they can wrangle money out of the .gov for it.

They will want control.

These will be the first ones down to the courthouse.

They will demand the instant halt to any and all road construction, road maintenance, they'll want to stop issuing home permits, mining permits, logging permits, etc. within 50 miles of said habitat. There will be a whole slew of as yet never heard from experts arising like the Phoenix and demanding this and demanding that and clogging the courts up. They'll be on TV as often as they can find a camera. There will be courts stepping all over each other writing un-enforceable, counter-acting and generally half-baked court orders trying to get jurisdiction over the case.

The feds will be awash in a sea of paperwork, lawsuits, and protests.

The locals, the poor folks who live within 50 miles of where the first admitted .gov certified sighting happens will will wonder what the hell hit them.

And then they will try to start building a tourism industry around the critter.

And the fight will be on to rise to the top of the expert pile, because the talk-shows and news networks and all of the cable channels and above all, the attorneys will be fighting over who gets the best expert under contract. The best will go to the attorneys, because the best money will be go to those who can get that invaluable title "Court certified expert" Those experts will also be in demand to teach courses on the critter, there will be new degree programs offered, and more money will flow. TV will get the second tier, and those folks will know they are auditioning to move up to the court tier, so they'll be huffing and puffing wit the best of them.

And real, serious information...honest, vetted information, from reliable sources who are considered legit will continue to be as rare as it is nowadays.

And the hoaxing will rise to a whole 'nother level.

And within 2 years the average American, with the attention span of a 3 year old, will have let his/her subscription to the magazine expire, they'll quit sending money to all the "Save the Bigfoot" societies claiming to have the inside track on everything bigfoot, and the court cases will peter out, and a minimal effort, primarily the kind the .gov does when they want us to think they are doing something but they ain't really spending no more $ on it will continue.

And with all of the flailing about, and paperwork flying through courts, and bogus expertise and the crush of media and such mucking up the works those of us with a real, long term interest in the topic will find it dang near as difficult to do research as it is today.

Hopefully, the people in those small towns will make a killing renting rooms to and feeding the media, the experts trying to woo the media, and the assorted fools wanting a "Genuine and Real Experience in The Actual Forest Habitat", (Sighting Not Guaranteed) 3 days and two nights in a genuine tent, under the stars (sack lunch provided) with an optional Lecture Event with a Well-Known Expert (to be announced). for only $2500 + tax, (each person) lecture fee, horsewrangler fee.

And 5 years down the road no one will remember what the fuss was all about. The money train will have slowed a bunch, but there will still be a pretty big load coming down the pike from DC every year. Enough to keep a few lawyers and experts living well, and the line item for BFology in the Interior dept will shrink, every year...and all of the sudden those poor kinds who jumped on the bandwagon to get a 4 year, or God forbid, a masters degree in the BF program will find themselves with a huge college loan to pay and no jobs to apply for because the circus is coming to an end, and there are a whole lot more of them than there are "positions" in "The Field"

So, they'll be the ones up in the mountains doing the lecture on the "Genuine And Real Experience" tour, which still manages to catch a few families coming through town during the summer travel season.

I know. I have little faith in people.

If you'd been an observer riding on my shoulder for the 26 years I was working, you'd understand why.

Edited by Northfork