Bigfoot Stalking People

Cotter

I remember reading your report.    I truly don't know, best I can do is guess.   

I suspect many sightings are just as you suggest, distractions to keep your attention on one while the others make their exit.   1) I remember an incident Thom Powell relayed in "The Locals".  2) I would not be entirely surprised if that were the situation that lead to the Sierra Kills. 

I don't think (in other words, less than 50% probability) that it would have taken David.  I don't think (again, in other words, I think less than 50% probability) that you were in significant danger.    Because as big as it was, it would have done whatever it wanted.   Since it didn't do anything but leave, it didn't want anything. 

I can't remember if you participated in the conversations about that sense of lethargy / calm / non-concern that comes over us sometimes when dealing with them or not.  I've been through that several times.   Twice I've rolled over turning my back on them and gone back to sleep.   In the moment it seemed perfectly reasonable, it wasn't till mid morning the next day when I reflected back on the previous night that I realized how out of character that complacency was.    That's spooky.   But the point is, if they'd wanted me, those two nights they OWNED me.   And nothing bad happened.    I can't guarantee anything about next time but I feel more confident it'll also turn out ok than I did two "events" ago.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

Guest LarryP

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the bigfoot was trying to achieve here.  It could easily have slipped away down the wash without us ever suspecting it was there, but it chose to emerge and present itself.

Did it expect us to flee?

Was it trying to keep us busy while it's family group slipped away?  If so, they all could have avoided us just as easily without us ever knowing they were there.

Was it holding us in position while another approached us from behind?

Were we in significant danger?

If my brother and I had run, would it have taken David?

If its actions were a prelude to predation, how did our response to it alter its intentions?

Based on the size you described and proximity if his intention was predation you wouldn't have ever had the chance to file the BFRO report, JDL. 

If anything, I think he was just curious, based on how calmly he made his exit.

I was in ***** Gorda, Florida, last summer, and we were walking in front of my grandpa's car, which was slow-rolling with the headlights on, it was nighttime, and me and my friends were looking for frogs. I got the sense at one point that something was flanking us from within the treeline, I heard a few faint sounds and brush breaking. I cant say for sure what it was, and it was faint enough that I only mentioned it once to my friend. But it was quite eerie. 

Edit: wow okay for some reason the first word of the town in Florida gets filtered out... it's the Spanish word for "point" for anyone who is actually interested in bigfoot and the outdoors instead of flailing about over cuss words...

No flailing on our part, my friend. Your word was filtered by the forum's automated language filter. If you'd have used the slang term for "raccoon," the result would have been the same. Unfortunately, the innocent use of some words gets filtered due to the not so innocent use of the same words.

• Upvote 1

It's weird because the Spanish "bad" word doesn't have an N like the word that was filtered out.  The only way it could be used as a bad word must be by mistake. 

Sounds like you disturbed him and he came up for a look. Probably a lone male. Kids should be seen and not heard. Apparently, BF feels the same way.

So, it sounds like its probably a BF when it patterns its footsteps after yours, as black bears are a bit clumsy generally and will often show themselves and cannot stalk/copy in the manner described.

So, if it stalks and stops when you do, and patterns its walk after yours, probably a BF.

Edited by Wag

Guest Coonbo

The idea that an 8' tall 700 pound bipedal creature is just stalking us from the periphery of whatever trail we are on seems implausible.

A. Why would it do that?  If it has the ability to remain absolutely hidden, even while stalking you, why would it need to stalk you? It could just remain hidden.

B. If it has the ability to hide it's own kinds remains after death, with a 100% success rate, do you really think it would have a problem making you disappear?

C. If you really think they are stalking you to get you out of their woods, it seems like a perfect opportunity for an ambush.  You walk into the woods and leave camera traps, or a guy with a gun on the side of the trail.  You go into the woods until you get stalked then slowly leave via the trail leading the stalker right into the waiting camera or bushwhack.

I submit that it is MUCH more plausible than implausible.  Put yourself in the booger's place.  You don't know the intentions of that human that has wandered into your territory.  You don't know if it has a weapon that endangers you or your family.  You want to know where it's going, and if you can influence it to get on our of your territory, then that's a good thing.  You being the intelligent, master of the forest that you are, know that you can keep an eye on the human better than it can keep an eye on you.

A. If the booger just sat or stood there and stayed hidden, it wouldn't know what you were doing, once you were a good distance away.  And if it's shadowing of you helped to move you along, then that's a good thing from the booger's viewpoint, as stated earlier.

B.  Of course it could make you disappear, if it so intended.  What does this observation have to do with the price of eggs in Ford City, Alabama or Toad Suck, Arkansas?

C. What makes you think that this hasn't been done numerous times????? 

Edited to correct punctuation... 

Edited by Coonbo

Based on the size you described and proximity if his intention was predation you wouldn't have ever had the chance to file the BFRO report, JDL. 

If anything, I think he was just curious, based on how calmly he made his exit.

I don't think it realized there were three of us before it emerged.

Weren't you all pretty young at the time, JDL? 10, 12, and 12? I don't think you'd be considered much of a threat at those ages, even if there were three of you. 

I agree with that, but we were certainly a risk.  We didn't behave as it must have expected, and as members of a species with sometimes surprising technological capability, it had to take into account that we might have something not immediately obvious up our sleeves that gave us enough confidence to hold our ground.

I am deeply grateful that your experiences have given you soooo much good information that you share so willingly here -- but I think one piece of information that others have provided (and that I have access to, too, from my own experience) is that many BF are very, very intuitive and pick up lots of information about us that we are unaware we are sharing with them.   :)

A human might freak out that a 12-year-old child displayed confidence, because we don't have much clarity about anything.... But I don't think a BF would. They would just see your confidence. 

From my own experiences of their very amazing acuity, I doubt very much that the BF you encountered felt anything but curiosity about you.

Edited by LeafTalker

BFF Patron

I not only talk to BF when I think they are near or stalking me I go towards them.     Probably dangerous but I want to get video.   I figure they hide but if you get close enough they will walk away.   You might get a growl before they do move away.   Like I said I backed out when I did get growled at that time.       If it feels cornered it could get very dangerous.    I think there were two of them and one was flanking me at the same time.    I heard a branch break at my 8 o'clock position relative to where I heard the growl.   For all I know it might have broken the branch to distract me from the other one.       BF as a top predator are used to prey running.    I try to be totally unpredictable.     When I had my closest encounter I had reversed directions three times so if they were following me they presumed I was traveling 90 degrees to where I really was moving and I almost got run over by one of them.  I heard them initially, coming from the direction I had gone first before coming out on the same trail.         The danger there is if it is not a BF but a bear that you hear following and move towards that.     I will say that the footsteps I heard were definitely bipedal,  so in this particular case I knew it was a BF.    Sounded just like the T Rex in Jurassic park moving through the dry underbrush towards me.    At that time I did not have my recorder pack mounted so did not get the recorder on soon enough to get the vocalizations back and forth and the footsteps.     That would have been really great to get all of that on a recording in stereo.   

I did field work yesterday and got scared but not by BF.      I heard a pack of large dogs after something headed my way.     Someone let a bunch a malamute dogs out in the woods and they have been reported taking down game and farm animals.    One farmer intervened and the dogs turned on him.    He shot two of them but the rest got away.     I got out of there as fast as I could yesterday.     I carry a gun but a pack can surround you and take you down from behind.    I don't know if this was the pack but I did not want to stay and find out.     Was a shame because I had heard some low thuds in that direction.     For all I know the dogs could have been messing with BF.      I was waiting for a yelp when a dog got thrown but did not hear anything like that.    This was out of my normal field work area so any BF would not know me.   I would not be surprised if the BF in my normal area would protect me from the dogs.     They have left gifts for me even though I normally do not do gifting.    Randy

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I imagine BF get sick of constant human encroachment. I'm sure most of them would be happy with no human contact, or constant reminder of human population growth into their territory, which only gets smaller and smaller.

...I was stalked, or so I thought, while camping at Cap Bon Ami in Forilon National Park on the Gaspe peninsula in Canada. Went for a hike at sunset to a high ridgeline, while there I heard a light, but steady rustling in the brush line at the head of the trail. I decided to leave and proceeded down the trail back to camp. The noise followed me halfway down, and when I stopped, a large black bear came out of the brush and stared at me. I continued down the trail at a brisker rate, not running, and talking loudly. The bear continued at the same pace, then turned off the trail towards the garbage dumpsters. Scared the bejesus out of me, but it was nothing more than the nightly ritual these bears go through. It was dinner time for them and I was in the wrong place. :)

I had some issues with bigfoot stalking me a few years back.  Peeping in my windows while I was changing, sending obscene photographs, heavy breathing on the phone, etc.