Torn Up Tent: Bob Garrett Interview

Very well said Stillwater! I’ve been around the block a few times and I can sling hash with the best of them but I know a skunk in the tent isn’t going to convince me it smells pretty either …. No matter how well it’s packaged. If I’m a starving man and somebody offers me a sandwich, I look between the bread … if it looks bad, smells bad, doesn’t matter if it's wheat or rye … it's what I can't see that matters. I don’t bite, it’s all about substance.  

Edited by Gumshoeye

I've never met Shannon, Wes or Will so my opinions of them have been formed through listening to their podcasts and reading the things they've written and how they treat their guests. I like them as people, as much as one can like anyone they've not met face-to-face. The following links, in which Wes and Will spend  about 40 minutes being interviewed by an eight year old fan and his younger brother and Shannon posts a blog entry for the boys, provide a good example of their character.

https://www.sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep79-is-bigfoot-real-by-jack/

https://www.sasquatchchronicles.com/for-jack-and-charlie-in-ohio-the-grassman/

As far as the whole "Rabbit Hole" issue, I'm patient and will wait and see how things pan out.

WRT their monetizing of the website, I have no problem with it at all. Their remarks about not trusting anyone trying to "make money" off of the subject were directed at people like R.D. who are looking to get rich quick and don't care what they have to say or who they have to scam in the process. Will has written three books and gets some income from them but he has a day job to make a living. Wes does the lions share of the footwork maintaining the website, contacting people, answering questions and all the myriad tasks involved in such an undertaking and also has a day job and a family. When they started the original show he had no idea what it would grow into and the amount of work involved. Rather than walking away from it, the decision was made to try and get some compensation while still having some free content. It is certainly a work in progress, but considering he began from scratch and has picked up a good knowledge of podcasting and running a website in his spare time through OJT over about two years, I think it's a darn fine effort. I have no idea how much the project brings in or how it may be divied up, but if he can make a living off of it more power to him

• Upvote 1

It's not adding up is it? Credibility is key here, especially when you are charging for a product which is meant to be legit.

Can do without more BF BS.

Gumshoeye;  Thank you sir for bumping this thread. You certainly have a knack for digging up the poignant older threads and it's much appreciated. This thread is actually where I first learned of Garrett and the campsite. 

Suesquach;  Are you referring to a Sasquatch Chronicles episode or to the Coast to Coast episode with Wes as guest the other night?  I can't recall hearing of this 3rd 'victim/ survivor' until he mentioned it the other night. Certainly, I may not be recalling correctly as it's been what? 8 months or so now since this whole thing started up.

Stillwater;  I could not agree more. Sas chronicles has been a great show, I've been a fan. I as well was quite discouraged when they began charging for 'additional content' (IMHO there's nothing extra they just break their show in half now) but what REALLY rubbed me the wrong way about it;  " I remember when they started up, they were the one's that said to beware of people making money off of this subject."  As you said perfectly right there. THAT is what rubs me wrong. It is what it is though I suppose. Money makes the world go around.

The coast to coast this week with Wes as the guest for the first half was the first time I heard a few things about this incident. As mentioned above I do not recall hearing of the survivor before. Nor do I recall the story of Garrett and another researcher having 3 shots fired in their general direction, I believe in the same location AFTER the incident in question. Since he's been on Sas Chron a few times since then I'd think some of that would have been mentioned.  When this thread first popped up and the 2 vids in question were available to watch, I recall being quite intrigued and then found both vids to be rather unimpressive. The night video I couldn't see a **** thing. I recall as well much speculation as to what may have transpired yet no camera shot saying 'look at this!' 

The day video if I recall correctly things had been 'cleaned up'.   What exactly I could never tell as you really couldn't see anything in the first video to make the comparison. I sure as hell don't recall "those two bodies we found last night"  or "after I called the cops yesterday".  I really would assume most humans aren't going to see someone's decapitated body in the woods and not have some serious disconnect going on for a few. Bob seemed pretty composed and not exactly affected in the day video. Maybe I shouldn't assume.

The timeline for most of this is something I've been having a tough time wrapping my head around as well. Approx 8 months back a pretty decently known and well enough respected researcher posts a video of a torn up camp. Then a daytime vid of said camp and some of the 'clean-up' effort that went on after it's discovery. Made the rounds on the podcasts and here we are today. Bob's the martyr for all things bigfoot and big brother is taking him to task. SOMETHING went on in between.  It really, again IMHO, could not have been these vids that brought him the ire of the spooks as there is NOTHING in them. No more, no less than any other Bigfoot video out there on youtube.

With the frequency of appearances on Sas Chronicles my assumption was that Garrett was friendly with Wes, Woody & Will. My opinion on that after the Coast to Coast with Wes has gotten a bit cloudy and I question, how familiar are they with each other?  Per Wes, Bob was close-lipped and wasn't going to share. SO it seems an 'insider' with the DOI, but not really DOI, just an IT sort of fella, intercepted e-mails between DOI in Washington and DOI in Texas. These e-mails go into detail over who got killed, where, who the survivor is. Who Bob is. Who they're going to 'pin' the whole thing on.   Okay.  THEN Wes goes on to reveal another 'insider', this one a 'military' insider.  He passes along the info to Wes about the 3 shots being fired and urges him to find out from Bob about it, then Wes could know this guy was telling the truth.  So, Wes calls up Bob, who has been on his show many times mind you, and says "Hey, on so&so date you and so&so had shots fired in your direction in this locale"  It seems this gains Bob's trust(!!??) and then he 'confirms' all that Wes has learned through his anonymous sources. If Wes were my 'buddy' I'd be a little disgruntled he's pokin' around digging up info on me and second guessing me and if the goverment stuff is REAL, putting my life, at least freedom on the line.

So Bob himself has said actually very little on this matter. As best I can tell. Most of the 'hype' around the situation is being perpetuated by a podcast with anonymous secret insiders. I am offering no opinion on what is fact and not.  This is a rabbit hole. If EVER there was one. Not surprising as it is commonplace in all things conspiracy minded. Additionally, and hopefully somebody can help me out here, somewhat recently on one of the Sas Chron episodes I believe it was a caller asked or said they had heard Bob tracked Bigfoot FOR the Government. I know Bob wasn't on that episode but if I recall correctly whoever responded to the caller didn't exactly negate that. I hate not having the exact info to quote and I apologize but it just popped into my head and when hearing it, it put a whole different spin on it to me should Garrett be a Government employee.

My opinions: Bob is indeed doing work for the government and made a mistake and is being scolded. or maybe.  Bob is legit and there is a smear campaign to kill his credibility. or maybe. Everybody is having a laugh at the Squatchers' expense and everything about the story is BS.  All I know is much like Bindernagel's opinion on PGF, I am going to put all of this on the shelf and move forward. There is nothing concrete here and it appears thinner as time passes.

^^^

Thank you Jasper and Cisco, I appreciate your comments please accept my apologies for overlooking your comments earlier. Well honestly, I never heard of neither Garett nor Coonbo, until I caught their interviews on some Podcasting broadcast programs well before this campfire business came forth.

As always Airdale, a very thoughtful and well reasoned post! Northfork, I couldn't agree more with you thanks.

Edited by Gumshoeye

I've never met Shannon, Wes or Will so my opinions of them have been formed through listening to their podcasts and reading the things they've written and how they treat their guests. I like them as people, as much as one can like anyone they've not met face-to-face. The following links, in which Wes and Will spend  about 40 minutes being interviewed by an eight year old fan and his younger brother and Shannon posts a blog entry for the boys, provide a good example of their character.

https://www.sasquatchchronicles.com/sc-ep79-is-bigfoot-real-by-jack/

https://www.sasquatchchronicles.com/for-jack-and-charlie-in-ohio-the-grassman/

As far as the whole "Rabbit Hole" issue, I'm patient and will wait and see how things pan out.

WRT their monetizing of the website, I have no problem with it at all. Their remarks about not trusting anyone trying to "make money" off of the subject were directed at people like R.D. who are looking to get rich quick and don't care what they have to say or who they have to scam in the process. Will has written three books and gets some income from them but he has a day job to make a living. Wes does the lions share of the footwork maintaining the website, contacting people, answering questions and all the myriad tasks involved in such an undertaking and also has a day job and a family. When they started the original show he had no idea what it would grow into and the amount of work involved. Rather than walking away from it, the decision was made to try and get some compensation while still having some free content. It is certainly a work in progress, but considering he began from scratch and has picked up a good knowledge of podcasting and running a website in his spare time through OJT over about two years, I think it's a darn fine effort. I have no idea how much the project brings in or how it may be divied up, but if he can make a living off of it more power to him

Airdale, I couldn't agree more.  I meant no condemnation of anyone. All do certainly seem to be good people and I certainly don't know any personally. More than anything I feel when the evidence or information available does not speak to tell the entire story, one can't fill in the holes with speculation, best to set it aside until futher detail provides a clearer picture.