Secrecy And The Myth Of Protection.

Guest Crowlogic

True, but you can be intelligent and not be wise.

Electricity is wise.

It's not a choice, because nature doesn't work that way. And without civilized trappings? We would still be light years ahead. Homo Erectus was light years ahead of them.........

• Upvote 1

Lightning is electricity. How is that wise?

It is amusing when people make definitive statements about something (UHS/Sasquatch) they have never observed.

CrowLogic's null assertion aside, where do you think they abide which allows them to remain undetected?

Not observing something is an observation in itself.

Lightning is not a human invention.

Abide?

Lack of observation can lead to making ill-informed statements, derived from a position of ignorance.

Electricity is not an invention of man.

Abide...see the first sentence.

^^^This (your first sentence) is what I'd say about a lot of the "observations" here regarding bipto's NAWAC posts.  To cite just one example.

...according to them, for which they don't provide evidence, nor examination of the evidence bipto refers to (the tree-break thing I'm specifically referring to there).

Guest LarryP

True, but you can be intelligent and not be wise.

Electricity is wise.

Electricity is wise?!

It's not a choice, because nature doesn't work that way.

They apparently work a helluva lot better with nature than we do.

And without civilized trappings? We would still be light years ahead. Homo Erectus was light years ahead of them.........

That's nothing but conjecture, Norse.

Guest Stan Norton

That's nothing but conjecture, Norse.

Nope. Homo erectus probably had fire and certainly had material culture. Sasquatch appears to have neither unless you can point to some archaeological sites with contrary evidence...? Doesn't this whole thing have enough of a credibility issue already?

Stan your the man. I am done with debating in this thread, if people cannot understand the difference between humans mastery of electricity and a animal that lives in the forest and poops on the ground?

Not worth discussing......regardless if it meets me it's gonna die period.

• Upvote 1

Guest LarryP

How do you know what Sasquatch can and cannot do?

Answer: You don't.

Plus, you continue to project your definition of what constitutes intelligence unto them.

But what we do know is they continue to make fools out of every human who tries to hunt them down.

So the proof is in the pudding.

Doesn't this whole thing have enough of a credibility issue already?

and yet the arguments go on about what BF can / can't do, and assumptions of who will go all Rambo in the presence of one .... sort of amusing isn't it, the proclamations of the unknown ;)

Without intelligence you cannot be wise, Norse.

synonyms: sagacity, intelligence, sense, common sense, shrewdness, astuteness, smartness, judiciousness, judgment, prudence, circumspection; More
logic, rationale, rationality, soundness, advisability

That just exhibits raw intelligence minus wisdom.

You're wrong. It is definitely a choice.

BTW, we also live like animals. That's because we are an animal. You can add all the technological trappings you want. But ultimately we still have to eat, drink, and create or find shelter. We've just become more and more proficient at applying lipstick to the survival Pig. All that has to occur is lose electricity and water for a few days and we become Pigs minus any lipstick.

As soon as that occurs, guess who's got the advantage? Then tell me who looks more wise and intelligent.

I never said intelligence makes us good or evil. But thanks for helping to emphasize my point about the difference between raw intelligence and wisdom.

Raw intelligence only occurs between the ears. Wisdom also includes the heart.

The heart is where they have it in spades over us humans. Which is why their 6th sense is so much more highly developed than ours. Their highly developed 6th sense gives them a huge advantage over us in any setting. But that is especially so in a wilderness setting.

UM the heart is not involved in thought processes. If you mean something more metaphorical then perhaps you could explain more clearly. I suspect wisdom, or perhaps more precisely, its source is more inborn. Tendencies to kindness or love may be bigger factors in developing wisdom. These could be genetic in origin or learned or both. We do not know yet. Opinions will vary but are still just opinions without evidence to back it up.

In no way would the human species be out of the picture or more susceptible to depredations from nature if we lost our level of technology. Our erectine and habiline ancestors had little in the way of tools and yet they became us, the most powerful species on Earth. If we go back to their level (or even australopithecine levels) we would relaunch civilization in shorter time than ever before. More humans know how to survive than you may realize.

How do you know what Sasquatch can and cannot do?

Answer: You don't.

Plus, you continue to project your definition of what constitutes intelligence unto them.

But what we do know is they continue to make fools out of every human who tries to hunt them down.

So the proof is in the pudding.

if bigfoot is make-believe then there is nothing to hunt down. No one here can truly say what bigfoot can and can not do so this kind of argument is moot on both sides. Norse sees bigfoot as an animal because bigfoot reports sound like his experiences with other species of animal. Your perception is that bigfoot is something more than animal and more than human too apparently. I'm not sure on your reasoning here. I suspect a certain amount of human-hating which is common on fortean sites unfortunately. Could you be more precise in what you think bigfoot is?

Guest LarryP

UM the heart is not involved in thought processes. If you mean something more metaphorical then perhaps you could explain more clearly. I suspect wisdom, or perhaps more precisely, its source is more inborn. Tendencies to kindness or love may be bigger factors in developing wisdom. These could be genetic in origin or learned or both. We do not know yet. Opinions will vary but are still just opinions without evidence to back it up.

Ant, I didn't mean the heart literally as an organ. It was meant figuratively.

If you're looking for scientific evidence of that reality then you need to open up your heart and stop just thinking with your head.

(Hope you get that).

In no way would the human species be out of the picture or more susceptible to depredations from nature if we lost our level of technology. Our erectine and habiline ancestors had little in the way of tools and yet they became us, the most powerful species on Earth. If we go back to their level (or even australopithecine levels) we would relaunch civilization in shorter time than ever before. More humans know how to survive than you may realize.

Another purely subjective statement with no proof to back it up.

If any major city in the US completely lost electricity and water for 3 days the result would be catastrophic.

No one here can truly say what bigfoot can and can not do so this kind of argument is moot on both sides. Norse sees bigfoot as an animal because bigfoot reports sound like his experiences with other species of animal. Your perception is that bigfoot is something more than animal and more than human too apparently. I'm not sure on your reasoning here.

No, actually you're wrong. There are people who do know what BF can do and can objectively tell you what they can do based on experience.

You are correct that they are more than just human and/or animal.

With that being said, you need to be carefull not to try to use a cookie cutter approach for all BF. Just like people or any other entity, there is no one size fits all.