How Will "it" Happen?

TedSallis

BFF Patron

I just read through this thread again.     A BF killed by a log truck is never going to be seen by anyone.    Loggers in this area will privately tell you that if they see a BF and report it, they will be looking for a job and blackballed from the profession for the rest of their life.    They will tell you that but not tell you what they have seen.    Law enforcement is nearly as bad.      Any accident involving BF, DNR or Fish and game will be called.   Anything they get will just be taken away.     Chances are a driver would not survive any more than a glancing blow on a BF.    If they do,  how many drivers are going to tell law enforcement they ran into a BF if it survives being hit and hobbles off?   Not many unless they want to do a field sobriety test.    I thought I saw a BF way up in a clear cut one time along a country road and stopped and climbed into the back of my pickup to get a better look.   A deputy sheriff stopped behind me and asked what I was doing.     I told him I thought I saw something moving up on the ridge and stopped to get a better look.    He paused a couple of seconds and asked "An animal?"     I paused a couple of seconds and responded that it must have been an animal.     I think we were both on the same page but neither one wanted to say BF.  

• Upvote 1

Randy, I've asked you a couple of times before, but I've not seen an answer yet, unless I missed it, in which case I apologize in advance for asking again. You have stated that you have a small number of bigfoots in your research area. I ask has anyone other than you seen these bigfoots? 

Admin

A BF killed by a log truck is never going to be seen by anyone.

Good point, I had not really thought through before. You would think that having a body would be different, but maybe not. Plus, not only are they endangering their immediate jobs, they could be endangering the whole industry as real "proof" most likely would result in some kind of restrictions on any use of the area. I could easily see an instant 30-60 day moritorium on all logging activities in the local area and surrounding counties while the government tries to figure out where to go next, especially in WA, OR, and NORCAL. And if loggers are not logging, they are not getting paid.

So maybe it should be a semi carrying toliet paper on I-5.....

Not if you consumers want to keep having toilet paper, according to that thinking.

For one thing, no major American industry will be shut down "instantly," either in whole or in part, in response to such an incident.  I actually consider a shovel-and-shut-up scenario far more likely Than Government, Shrouded By the Flag!  Leaping Into Action! to protect a species.  To close so much as one logging company's operations, anywhere for any reason, will require a knockdown drag-out.  Ask any spotted owl.

Names please?

lol really? do you think that would make me more credible? This is not your living room but an online forum. I think I'm pretty honest but you should not assume such. I could look up names on a directory and write those in. How would you know? I assure you none of them are famous. They work in varied fields some relevant to the subject and some not. They are normal people and have opinions just like the rest of us. They do follow the same principles generally though, it's how science works. When I meet Neil deGrasse Tyson I'll post with pics if I can get them. Maybe he'll vouch for me personally.

Guest Darrell

Why I don't think bigfoot will ever be discovered as a real animal, I do think there will be acceptance of the creature as a social phenomena. There will always be a segment of society that will believe in the creature just like those who believe on vampires and werewolves.

lol really? do you think that would make me more credible? This is not your living room but an online forum. I think I'm pretty honest but you should not assume such. I could look up names on a directory and write those in. How would you know? I assure you none of them are famous. They work in varied fields some relevant to the subject and some not. They are normal people and have opinions just like the rest of us. They do follow the same principles generally though, it's how science works. When I meet Neil deGrasse Tyson I'll post with pics if I can get them. Maybe he'll vouch for me personally.

Yes, it would help.

As we've had thrown in our faces so many times, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.   Since your previous post says you've met them and they're not concerned about ridicule, it should be no issue for you to provide their names and work contact so anyone interested can contact them at work, since they're not concerned, and ask them thus verifying the claim you've made.   

You could also pm whoever is doing the checking with your real name so we can ask those scientists you've told us about whether it was ok for you to share their info.   4-5 examples would be nice.   Perhaps, if your privacy is of great concern, maybe one of the mods would volunteer to follow up.   I can't speak for them of course, but they are quite helpful and often just as curious as anyone else.

Thanks!

MIB

Edited by MIB

You think I would toss out the names of a few people so that random strangers I "know" on an internet forum can badger them with questions about some guy they met at a party or a talk? I wouldn't do that for the most sensible reason that they have a right to privacy and personal safety. Not that I have contact information for them as I met them and spoke with them briefly. Doubtful many of them remember me. But my point still stands. Have you never met a scientist and picked his or her brains? I'm sure almost everyone here has at some point. It's not like they live behind barbed wire and armed guards. From these conversations I have learned how most scientists seem to operate. Most seem to be quite open-minded.

BFF Patron

Dmaker:  Depends on if you believe BFRO reports.    One report dozens of people saw a BF at a baseball game in Yacult WA.  Yacult is near my research area.     I would say that is the best one.  The BF came out of the edge of the woods watched a game for a while, then stepped back onto the woods.    I guess the bats hitting the ball sounded like wood knocks.    There are a smattering of other BFRO reports.   Some might be mine if they ever investigate them.   That is how I narrowed down my research area.    I do solo research and only occasionally go out with anyone. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

There are any number of things I'd admit to, or I'd entertain as possible, over drinks and convivial conversation on an evening ...those we lump together under the heading of "Scientists", I'm sure, are no different. But...where is the stomach for going "on record" with those admissions and possibilities, come the harsh light of the workday morning? Pffffttttttt.......   I don't fault them (or me) for that reality. I only point it out as The Nature of Humans for Self-Interest: The Entry Level Course.

Guest LarryP

Since you claim that these scientists are completely willing to acknowledge their interest in BF then I assumed there would be no problem identifying them.

Dmaker:  Depends on if you believe BFRO reports.    One report dozens of people saw a BF at a baseball game in Yacult WA.  Yacult is near my research area.     I would say that is the best one.  The BF came out of the edge of the woods watched a game for a while, then stepped back onto the woods.    I guess the bats hitting the ball sounded like wood knocks.    There are a smattering of other BFRO reports.   Some might be mine if they ever investigate them.   That is how I narrowed down my research area.    I do solo research and only occasionally go out with anyone. 

Thanks for the reply. I was curious if you had anyone to corroborate your claim of multiple bigfoots in your area. As in someone who was with you and saw the same thing. 

BFF Patron

When I get good HD video you will be among the first to know.    It would be interesting hearing all the made up stories about me from the skeptics.    How I am in it for the money, a great costume maker,   have a set of stompers in my garage,   how people know what I think when they have not met me,    that I am colluding with others to hoax the world.   I can just imagine how it would go.  

Why I don't think bigfoot will ever be discovered as a real animal, I do think there will be acceptance of the creature as a social phenomena. There will always be a segment of society that will believe in the creature just like those who believe on vampires and werewolves.

Possibly, but I would venture to guess that a vastly smaller percentage believe in the latter two creatures.  For one thing, no one is reporting sightings of them, unless you count the 'dogman' sightings as werewolf sightings (which I don't).