Is " Bf Burn" A Factor In Discussions ?

Doc Holliday

BFF Patron

Good thoughts MIB.  At the risk of offending the BFRO camp,  sadly a majority portion, of researchers, from what I see on youtube videos, are emulating "FInding Bigfoot" methodology.   To date that methodology has not been very successful and more often than not when it is used on the TV show, BF seem to stop any activity in the area.   They even make comments to that effect on the show.     Does anyone seriously think a BF cannot tell the difference between a BF hoop or howl and a human?   There is no way on earth that the classic BF Ohio howl can be confused for a human attempting it.  When a BF does it, what does it mean?  What does a tree knock mean to a BF?     When such tactics are used in the field by researchers,  I can just imagine BF thinking "Oh brother, there goes my quiet night!"     Even if we do not have a lot of evidence BF is in the "people camp"  field researchers should assume that, because what may work on an "ape" will not work for something smarter.      Undisguised or unhidden game cameras are not going to work on anything smarter than an ape.   Perhaps that is why they rarely show anything. 

I do get burned out on the subject sometimes. I get tired of the same unsuccessful approach to document the creature, of the hoaxers and players, and I'm tired of hearing claims without substantiation.

I believe that the creature exists, but there are times that it does get very stale. Arguing the same old points will wear on you. Yet I cannot help but hope that today will be the day. A remarkable photo, a definitive video, or - gasp! - a corpse is plopped onto a university slab, complete with national news coverage. Or the government comes forward with supporting evidence and admits that the creature exists. That would also work.

So here I am... along with the rest of you. At least the company's good!

I addressed this here - http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/48591-same-old-stuff/?p=857085

Science will consider conclusive evidence in spite of the nonsense provided up to the present. All it takes is something that can be documented. Tales and opinions won't do it, though.

• Upvote 1

. New and creative tactics

are needed to get back on BF's trail.

I would say that the tactics of field primatology, applied on a continuously funded basis, are what is required.  Science never needs to get more creative than the evidence requires.

• 1 month later...

I would say that the tactics of field primatology, applied on a continuously funded basis, are what is required.  Science never needs to get more creative than the evidence requires.

This could very well be true to some extent, but it does not take a Rhodes Scholar to see that the current tactics being employed

are not working. Here is a simple analogy to hopefully illustrate this a bit better --- I'm am watching a football, and one of the teams

continuously uses running plays but cannot put any points on the board. Now the game is in the 4th quarter and then the coach

finally realizes that it may be time to change the strategy and tactics and start running some pass plays. I know that when I try to

accomplish something but continue to fall short, I realize that it is time to try a new approach. Something needs to change! We need

to learn from the past to keep it from repeating itself. At the very least it should be worth a try.

• 4 months later...

lol, bobby you know what I mean my friend.

the burn, at least discussion wise, comes from hearing "bull-oney" one too many times. once the tell tale red flags start popping up the questions start rolling in , as expected.

a lot of those questions / challenges , imo, come from having heard it all before and not wanting to get suckered in by another tall tale.  iow, that may be why many , aside from skepticism, aren't willing to take claims at face value, especially the more colorful ones.

some of the ones being questioned get huffed up ...perhaps understanding a possible reason behind the questions could alleviate the huffiness .....assuming the claim/story is legit .

Good post Doc …. I liken it to battle fatigue or Bigfooteery fatigue. The overly used worn out talk that can at times seem exhaustive but as Hillflier stated, sometime separating the wheat from the chaff sometimes helps at least for me, because it helps me filter out mundane over used tired stories and gives way for new refreshing ideas and thought. That said, there is a delicate line to tread since that is assuming that new members are all up to speed and at the same level of experience and understanding as everyone else.    

Edited by Gumshoeye

thanks Gum.. I had forgotten about this thread....

the circular nature of this topic and repeated build ups to nothing ( ketchum for example)  , imo, can  inspire increased skepticism , even among proponents of BF.

eventually a complaint about the "same old same old"  gets the "get your own proof " reply , as if it's that  easy outside those apparent ( or supposed ) hot spots ........

yet  some would have us believe   multiple recurring interactions  regarding what most consider to be a once ( if ever)  in a lifetime thing, if you're lucky / unlucky enough .

the out of proportion wheat to chaff ratio indicates a high %  burn  factor potential , imo. 

Isn’t that the truth? The Ketchum this and the Ketchum that, I believe in Bigfoot exist then I don’t believe it exist, I have DNA, but I don’t DNA, it’s like a rollercoaster ride unfit for the weak heart I’ll tell you…

BFF Patron

Think outside the TV Box.    If most the field researchers model their field techniques after what they see on a certain TV show that has produced little but faint audio recordings, then no wonder people get frustrated.     So many belittle the show but then you find out they use the same field techniques themselves.    They might be professionals but they are professional TV personalities at this point.  

^^^

Sort of like science has taken a back seat to make up, pancake powder and overhead lights huh … If one amateur researcher (take your pick) were to discover or claim possession of real life, clear and convincing evidence beyond reasonable doubt where even the most hard-boiled skeptics would agree, I think you would see a conga line of scientist running over each other to flop themselves in front of television camera. I feel they lazily want someone else to do all the heavy lifting, and take the arrows for them first, before they have enough to courage to do what is right and just.  I expect some would use their credentials to demand credit for all the hard work too.  

the TV factor , imo, is more about ratings than research. MM and crew may not be "Finding Bigfoot" hooting and hollering thru the woods, but they've found a payday from the show itself.

hate to say it , but for the right $ i'd be a crypto zoologist  and run through the trees whooping with a camera...... any sponsors ? lol

Guest Crowlogic

BF burn comes from over-eagerness combined with underexposure to the evidence.  Get acquainted with the evidence and bingo!  No burn.  I think that some people just need proof now, something that in science never happens.  But most people don't pay enough attention to science to know that.  They're expecting proof last week.  Really, we are pretty precisely where anyone well-acquainted with the evidence would think we should be on this.

Science rarely solves anything instantly.  But bigfoot is not a recent development.  It has been bantered about for well over half a century in the modern world and for a century before that.  Sad to say there is not a single shred of evidence that is without suspicions/accusations  tied to it.  If we were a decade or two into the search a certain amount of grace could be given to the lack of confirmation.  We're discussing being burned so where is the evidence that hasn't burned the viewer?  

Personally I withdrew my support of  the bigfoot issue when I'd reached the point where I could predict the outcome to evidence presentation months or sometimes years before the evidence was finalized.  Standing and Ketchum are but two well known recent cases.

Edited by Crowlogic

I think most of the people dishing out the burn are just ignorant and or inexperienced. There are alot of very bitter ignorant people in the bigfoot community all to ready to rip anyone and everyone apart who says they have had a experience related to bigfoot...Alot of people who get the burn don't deserve it, but that is the nature of this crap anyway. I have a solution to this problem, get your butt out in the friggin field and get some experience, and stop dropping all of your emotional baggage off on other people...Or better yet stay out of the woods and find a new hobby/interest...or just grow up, because people like that don't need to be out bothering these creatures/the woods in general...They cannot contribute anything positive to this subject and in my experience do NOT have the best interest of the Bigfoot in mind, by their very nature.

Edited by Xion Comrade
  • Upvote 3

Guest Crowlogic

I think most of the people dishing out the burn are just ignorant and or inexperienced. There are alot of very bitter ignorant people in the bigfoot community all to ready to rip anyone and everyone apart who says they have had a experience related to bigfoot...Alot of people who get the burn don't deserve it, but that is the nature of this crap anyway. I have a solution to this problem, get your butt out in the friggin field and get some experience, and stop dropping all of your emotional baggage off on other people...Or better yet stay out of the woods and find a new hobby/interest...or just grow up, because people like that don't need to be out bothering these creatures/the woods in general...They cannot contribute anything positive to this subject and in my experience do NOT have the best interest of the Bigfoot in mind, by their very nature.

You are guilty of committing the already panned demand for people to go get their own experience.   Some of us former believers have been to the mountain so to speak.  Point blank it's a waste of time it's a none starter.

You are guilty of committing the already panned demand for people to go get their own experience.   Some of us former believers have been to the mountain so to speak.  Point blank it's a waste of time it's a none starter.

I put in the effort on here first, getting to know people and reading everything I could. Then when I had absorbed everything I could I took what I learned to the woods. I have seen one, I have heard them numerous times, and I have traded with them to boot. Over the course of a year I have had at least a dozen solid experiences with these creatures. It is not impossible to get experiences with them by any means unless you are not open to information, which is what I see all day long on here...people not open to information, running around demeaning and talking down to others on a daily basis when if they were really interested and sincere they would be spending their time learning and putting the pieces together instead. Everything you need to work with this subject is right here in abundance.

These things run fast, they take things from you that nothing else ever would in the woods, they make sounds no other animal makes, they talk, they thump and knock in the woods constantly, they work together to avoid you, and they throw things. Pretty easy to put that stuff together if you study up. I have read over 10,000 reports, listened to weeks worth of blogtalk radio, gotten to know dozens of researchers, and spent thousands of hours out in the field. The best I get is having activity about 1/5 times I get into the woods where I am at, it took me over a dozen other locations before I found this one and I regret none of the blood and sweat spent to get where I am now, it is by far the most exciting and rewarding undertaking I have ever done.

The key thing to me(Besides not being afraid), atleast with the ones where I am at, is the knocks and thuds. Not real "uncommon" that you hear a vocalization, sometimes a giant raven or a hollering woman sort of deal, but it is usually just for a few seconds and it is done. The knocks and thuds though, that is the key when out in the woods prospecting for a new research area, do your own, I personally use the back of my axe, and then listen for others. Gotta listen to every sound that goes on in the woods and think of what it is or you are gonna blow it.

Edited by Xion Comrade
  • Upvote 4

BFF Patron

You are in the zone brother.   Keep doing what you are doing.  If you are hearing them you are in tune to what they are doing.   I was out yesterday with a female friend who had trouble getting over a log.   She tried but could not get over the log so tried to get around it.   While this was going on I heard thumps and thuds from the ridge above us.    She could not hear them.    I think my hiking partner was a source of entertainment.  Not only I could not figure out what she was going to do but the BF on the ridge above must had been very entertained watching.   When she could not get around the log and  decided to crawl under the log and we went on, the noises on the ridge above us stopped.   Honestly I think us humans are the best form of BF entertainment there is.   

I just went to another BF convention of sorts today but the speakers announced that they have formed a non profit, and want to take donations, build a museum, and lecture hall.   What I seem to see is at some point researchers realize what they are doing is expensive and start looking for ways to get other people to fund it.   They are not researchers at that point they are whores.    The list of such people is building day by day.   No wonder BF research is getting no where.   When people realize they can use this to quit their day jobs then the pursuit of the dollars get very much more important than BF research. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1