Same Old Stuff...

Terry

I do get burned out on the subject sometimes. I get tired of the same unsuccessful approach to document the creature, of the hoaxers and players, and I'm tired of hearing claims without substantiation.

I believe that the creature exists, but there are times that it does get very stale. Arguing the same old points will wear on you. Yet I cannot help but hope that today will be the day. A remarkable photo, a definitive video, or - gasp! - a corpse is plopped onto a university slab, complete with national news coverage. Or the government comes forward with supporting evidence and admits that the creature exists. That would also work.

So here I am... along with the rest of you. At least the company's good!

Hello See-Teh-Cah,

Yes the company is good. I've always been of the opinion that when things get like this it's usually a signal for taking action. Or at least go through the motions of planning to take action. Summer's a fine time to pull the reports, print out the maps or gps coordinates, get the vehicle in shape, save for gas and food for excursions, meet with a couple of friends to plan with, figure the best season for one's area, and so much else

Most importantly- determine what it is one is going to exactly do when out there in the field. Patrol road crossings and choke points like bridges or culverts over creeks leading to a lake? Look in wooded locations with wet areas for footprints? Learn to make casts? Upgrade camera/video/recorder? Get the GPS locations for spring skunk cabbage beds and ferns? LOOK  FOR A CARCASS in the late winter before Mother Nature and her minions can get to work on it? Get in better shape and eat better so that the going will be easier and more enjoyable on steeper terrain. Go for walks around lakes, ponds, and other water bodies while watching across them to the other side.

In this biz, the smallest activity can turn into the biggest and all activities rolled in together can cover a lot of ground and bring fresh new dialogue here as quieter minds can think deeper into things. Nature provides the most wonderful opportunities for helping to create that quieter mind and more observant eye when one takes what one has learned here with them. Enjoyment of course in job one. That goes without saying.

Nothing beats the Forum blahs better than being in the field for the added purpose of being ready to collect evidence when the opportunity presents itself. I would like to think the odds of that happening greatly increase with the number of members that make it to the areas of some Sasquatch activity. It certainly cannot hurt. August is tough I don't mind saying but the gorgeous Autumn is soon here and with it perhaps a better desire to be out in it..  

Edited by hiflier

Guest guillaume

Our resident self-proclaimed scientist will be around within six postings to proclaim it's mainstream Science fault for not coming to the same conclusions he has, since he's read thousands of "reports."

"Book 'em, Dano."

One of the best scientists you ever had posting here was Saskeptic--he burnt out and left.

The science community ignores bigfoot simply because there's no such animal.  It's not a matter of not enough evidence--it's a matter of glaringly absent evidence that would be present if bigfoot possibly existed.  Although science doesn't deal in certainties, it's generally accepted that bigfoot is simply a myth, and that claims and sightings are a by-product of well-known psycho-social factors.  The anti-science and anti-intellectual crowd attack those of us with a university background, but they're not fooling anyone who thinks it through and attempts an honest education on how science really works.

It's all blah blah and no bigfoot.  I'm not surprised that any reasonable person would burn out trying to sustain a fantasy like this one.

Hello guillaume,

The BFRO claims to have scientists on board. Other that Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum are there any others that you are aware of? And yes, Saskeptic was pretty cool and brought a lot to the Forum IMO. But this thread is really about burnout on those who present false info or play cat-n-mouse. Not about existence or non existence. That debate seems to find it's way into many threads and is as much a reason for the burn as any other. The dilution of thread topics by infusing whether or the Creature exists for some is irresitable apparently and I think some members get frustrated at the weaving in of the real vs. not real head butting. I know I get tired of it and just wish such dialogue could somehow find it's own thread like say the "Urban Bigfoot"............and stay there ;)   

Edited by hiflier

Guest Darrell

IMO there is burn out because nothing ever gets found. Back about 7-8 yrs ago there was a lot of stuff on the forum about field craft, tracking, and such. Now there isn't hardly anything. Everything is about the next big thing that will validate the movements belief system. And guess what? Yep, nothing pans out.

I keep running across cryptic claims that the London Trackway was hoaxed and some Jrefer's can prove it (as one had claimed on their site)

How about we focus on that?  I get the impression they're waiting for enough 'big names' to agree it's real before they all get knocked down like bowling pins.

Hello Darrel,

For many the only avenue is the computer. The points that you mentioned about what was coming in 7-8 years ago is a good one. But why do you think that was? It was because those in the field were bring stuff here. I've had a call out to those in the field to do just that again. Let everyone know what is being done out there even if the results are disappointing. It will at least connect many of the community to the field who may not otherwise have the opportunity.

I think the feedback will have the opposite effect of re-energizing those in the field and pickup spirits and encouragements byt having the community sowing support and interest in what the researchers are doing- which will happen. Enjoying Nature by being out there is one thing but looking for signs of an elusive Creature at the same time should it exist can be frustrating. I also think more in the field doing this may get some ideas or even some company from those in the same area once in a while.

Communication is where it's at around here and the more there is the more enthusiasm gets generated. It would only take a couple of folks to get the ball rolling. I'll be going out in October with a friend here in Maine toma location that has an older histore of a couple of encounters and will keep this Community posted on the small 2-3 day expedition. I think this kind of approach will play a good roll in helping the community do more than go round in circles. This doldrum could also be just a summer thing that happens every year at this time?

I think there have also been a number disappointments, which have also lead to burn out:

Garlic requesting Bigfoot

Freezer Bigfoot

Smoking Bigfoot

DNA - Ketchum or Sykes

Shot and bled on my boot Bigfoot

Freeze Dried and on tour Bigfoot

Any reality TV show about Bigfoot

And, of course, because of much the above, any news story about bigfoot.

Hello Cotter,

Sounds like it's a slow time for them too LOL. "Cryptic claims are sometimes what we have here for heaven's sakes. :) But yeah, how would someone start going after THAT one? How 'bout this one....I think the JRef is faked.

I think there have also been a number disappointments, which have also lead to burn out:

Garlic requesting Bigfoot

Freezer Bigfoot

Smoking Bigfoot

DNA - Ketchum or Sykes

Shot and bled on my boot Bigfoot

Freeze Dried and on tour Bigfoot

Any reality TV show about Bigfoot

And, of course, because of much the above, any news story about bigfoot.

You forgot:

Daisy in a Box Bigfoot

Chewtilda Bigfoot

Moaning in the Swamp, poor little lost baby Bigfoot

Provost Canyon Turkey Bigfoot

Megan Fox is a believer in Bigfoot ( there's an endorsement that I can get behind)

The gubmint stole my Bigfoot

The gubmint is hiding Bigfoot

My neighbor had a baby with Bigfoot

Edited by dmaker

^^^^^^

Now I'm really burnt out!    Thanks Dmaker.  :)

Oh wait:

Infra Sound Bigfoot.

Game Cam invisible/sensing Bigfoot.

Mt. St.Helens Burn Treatment Unit for Bigfoot

Rootball Bigfoot

Fish Eye photograph Bigfoot

Urban Bigfoot

Homeless  in Detroit Bigfoot

Edited by dmaker

Guest Darrell

^^Bigfoot is everywhere and nowhere. Searched for he cannont be found, looked for he cannot be seen, listened for he cannot be heard. Well unless you are Matt Moneymaker or any of the other true believers. My opinion? Bigfoot is a mutant ninja...

I often have wondered why the In the Field and Scientific Method sub forums here are the lease frequented forums here.

BFF Patron

When existence is accepted by science, once a day I am going to list all the skeptics that I can remember and wonder where you all have gone.  It will read something like the list above.    I will start with PHD's who have said such things as animals as large as BF cannot survive in the PNW.     Ignoring the fact that bears do just that.   Then I will work my way down to forum members who have made bets, then the rest of the skeptics might get honorable mention.    So skeptics have fun being snarky now, your time could very well be limited. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT