Bigfoot As Entertainment

Guest Crowlogic

Guest Crowlogic

While  seriously looking for some information on the Bigfoot issue I found it more frustrating than ever before.  That's when it struck me that the frustration wasn't worth it.  I came to the realization that the only way to deal with it is to look at it as entertainment.  As a kind of WWF nature study it works quite well.  Thanks Rick Dyer!

Um, wow.  Um...what have you read?  I'm hoping, you know, something.

Both of Bindernagel's books?  Meldrum's?  Every report on the Green BFRO and NAWAC databases?  Green's books?  Alley's? Shackley's?

I just laid out the minimum to be considered informed on this topic.  Could toss in Napier and, whoops, forgot him, Krantz.  How about Sanderson for good measure.  Hope that livens things up a bit.

Edited by DWA

While being well-read is a good thing, no BFF participant should feel as they can't post and interact if they've not read anyone's reading list. Feel free to post your opinions. That's what I love about this forum.

As for the OP's point? I agree, it's become a cage match, between the sides. And those sides vary with the nugget of "bigfoot knowledge" under discussion, in various threads.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Hello DWA,

Nothing on a BF Forum is. What constitutes being a "requirement"- or not- is pretty much a personal opinion. Ya wanna read? Then read. Ya don't? Then don't. Either way one's opinion has value and is welcomed. If you say something isn't required reading, well, it's your opinion; not the standard. I think maybe you should relax a bit? Just sayin'.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 3

Guest Crowlogic

Seeing the Rick Dyer stuff was laughable and equally so was the video labasting him.  I think the guy who made it is on meth.  Then I wandered over to Todd Standing and his fake blinking eye Bigfoot and realized that it's essentially a WWF now.  Mr Standing had a few credible videos where he's just researching but when the blinking eye BF came I knew it was game up.  It's fun so see the lengths people will go to and how loudly they'll plea their cases as real when fake is staring you in the face.  

That's right McMahon I got Bigfoot Rick Dyer and he's gonna beat Sasquatch Todd Standing in the squared circle in the Wilderness Smackdown.  It's not too different from this these days.  Works great as entertainment!

Edited by Crowlogic

I think my frustration with this issue lies around the hoaxing and the die-hard "I know what I saw" potions of the debate. Knowing as I do that people hallucinate and make mistakes, I get annoyed with those who claim I'm crazy to think anyone else might hallucinate too. Go Figure! And yet I still think bigfoot might be real. And still I get attacked as a nonbeliever!! What!!!

Hello antfoot,

I too have a high difficulty factor thiking all the recent reports carry much in support of what would appear to be a large population throughout the U.S. But even though unlikely I, being a proponent as well, DO think that there is a small percentage of encounters in there that is valid. I see a small population being witnessed because many people are in the parks this time of year. It's like the 15,000 reports of Black Triangle UFO's logged in the reporting centers. In truth I think there are only six of the aircraft that may actually exist. No real proof of any however. Of course ;)

Edited by hiflier

Knowing as I do that people hallucinate and make mistakes, I get annoyed with those who claim I'm crazy to think anyone else might hallucinate too.

Nah, you're putting an invalid spin on it.   I will take you at your word that you hallucinate.   Someone else MIGHT, but that's not the same as "everyone does" which seems to be what you're trying to insinuate.   We're not all as messed up as you in the same ways as you, we have our own different and creative ways and amounts of being messed up.   That's just how it is.  

So far as I can tell I've never hallucinated anything in my life unless this whole existence is a hallucination and you're a figment of my imagination just like everyone else.

The take-away: not everyone is hallucinating every bigfoot they see. 

MIB

• Upvote 3

Hello MIB,

That's essentially what I'm saying as well. Reading in between the lines of antfoot's post I was under the impression that the same basic thing was being said there too. I say this because I don't think one can be a believer AND say that everyone hallucinates in the same breath. Think about it :)

Edited by hiflier

Whether one hallucinates everything - and thinks everyone else is hallucinating too - or not, science still makes an implacable demand.

One must prove what is generating the evidence.  "People hallucinate, I mean, shoot, I do" isn't cutting it.  People don't tend to channel mass hallucinations of their inner primatologist.  I am so from Missouri on that one.  Now that thesis IS entertainment.

One further note about MIB's post.  We may be - check that, we are - all messed up in our own varied and individual ways.  To assert, however, that all of us are funneling all our unique messed-uppedness down the chute of an ecologically and primatologically correct hallucination is...well, as I said, PO Box Saint Loo.  Not believing that one without being shown.

Edited by DWA

Crow come on bud, you know the main rule here at BFF is that Ol' Slick Rick is to be refered to as, " he who shall not be named"! Freakin guy probably does a "google" search on his name every day when he wakes up. I my humble opinion most of the people who do see them or think they know where they live just keep it to themselves. They have done real well hiding so far so why draw unnecessary attention to them. What is there to gain?

Nah, you're putting an invalid spin on it.   I will take you at your word that you hallucinate.   Someone else MIGHT, but that's not the same as "everyone does" which seems to be what you're trying to insinuate.   We're not all as messed up as you in the same ways as you, we have our own different and creative ways and amounts of being messed up.   That's just how it is.  

So far as I can tell I've never hallucinated anything in my life unless this whole existence is a hallucination and you're a figment of my imagination just like everyone else.

The take-away: not everyone is hallucinating every bigfoot they see. 

MIB

Where did I say "all" reports were hallucinations? I do believe a majority of the reports are pure bunk, whether hallucinations, mistaken identities, hoaxes or outright lies. I also believe there are some reports that keep me thinking bigfoot is real. I simply hold the evidence to a high standard. If I think someone may have hallucinated, I check that as part of the report. I don't throw the report out necessarily but the possibility of hallucination is still there.