Bigfoot As Entertainment

Guest Crowlogic

I'd go with lies over hallucinations by a large margin.  But just like people who hallucinate regularly, the kind of people who would lie about this for the kind of attention that brings are such a small minority it's safe to say it's not significant.

Which leaves...they saw what they say they saw, clearly not a person and clearly not a known animal.  That's the way to bet.

Hello DWA,

........That's the way to bet.

The game of attempted psychological engineering never hurts anyone right? At least I've yet to fall for your over-hyping of the subject anyway.There is no bet without the proof to be made here. Get some first or all "bets" are off. If you can't procure said proof then the objective camp is the only place to be. Go there. I can't fault your PERSONAL commitment.  Your psyche methods might be better suited for Madison Avenue however. 

Edited by hiflier

^^ a large portion of the people on this forum believe bigfoot lives in their "backyard" . There have been books written about bigfoot / UFO connections, bigfoot friends etc. 

Does "science still makes an implacable demand" in those cases?

M

Edited by Martin

Hello DWA,

The game of attempted psychological engineering never hurts anyone right? At least I've yet to fall for your over-hyping of the subject anyway.There is no bet without the proof to be made here. Get some first or all "bets" are off. If you can't procure said proof then the objective camp is the only place to be. Go there. I can't fault your PERSONAL commitment.  Your psyche methods might be better suited for Madison Avenue however. 

There is always evidence before proof; the way to bet is what influences a little thing called "research."  That the mainstream hasn't gotten informed about the game yet ain't my fault.

I get a little tired of not-on-my-personal-schedule.  What's yours?  I don't have one.  One of the many benefits of knowing the way to bet.

You let this stuff torment you, well, it will.

^^ a large portion of the people on this forum believe bigfoot lives in their "backyard" . There have been books written about bigfoot / UFO connections, bigfoot friends etc. 

Does "science still makes an implacable demand" in those cases?

M

Always and every time. 

You can think what you want to think.  Until it's proven though it is what you think.  And that only.  If you are comfortable with that, then you are.

Edited by DWA

The only "weedling" (?) allowed is what people allow.  Never happens to me; it helps to know the state of the evidence and what that says to you, all I'm sayin'.

Hello DWA,

But that's all you EVER say. Post evidence if you're so keen on it being the do-all to end-all and back up your proselytizing. Otherwise......you beat the dead horse.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

It much more nuanced than that hiflier. 

It's the vibe.

It's the chill up your spine when you hit the magic number of read reports.

It's the hair on the back of your neck when you finish a good squatch book.

It's mystic.

At least that's what I think he has said a million times.

Naaah, just evidence, vouched for by scientists who are showing their work and ignored by scientists who - unless they're hiding something from all of us - aren't doing any.

This is the classic "information cascade":  something everybody knows...based on thinking that none of them have actually done, but all of them think all the others did.  Happens all the time.

Unless, I mean, one thinks that people are getting crash graduate degrees in engineering/primatology so they can make fantastic track-stomping machines that do things people can't... and look in all the subtly correct ways, the same in WA as they do in FL.  Or just one or two badly overworked geniuses, doing it all.  And we're not even getting started on the courage of all those people in suits, running 40mph to stand in front of armed hunters; stopping in the middle of highways to discombobulate oncoming drivers who might miss them; etc.  Basically curious people might want to read these and know what's up with that.

(And if you don't think that's what's happening if this is all a crock, well, you have a lot of reading to do.)

Problem is:  bigfoot skepticism is made up, almost entirely, of the most incurious kind of people.  I get the ones who just go:  I heard that's not real, and back to being a person with a life.  It's the others I don't get.

Edited by DWA

Naaah, just evidence, vouched for by scientists who are showing their work and ignored by scientists who - unless they're hiding something from all of us - aren't doing any.

That would be a good project for you to work on.

This is the classic "information cascade":  something everybody knows...based on thinking that none of them have actually done, but all of them think all the others did.  Happens all the time.

Generalized gobbledygook. Post the proof backing any of that up. Something you never, never do. Another dead horse, another dead end.

Unless, I mean, one thinks that people are getting crash graduate degrees in engineering/primatology so they can make fantastic track-stomping machines that do things people can't... and look in all the subtly correct ways, the same in WA as they do in FL.  Or just one or two badly overworked geniuses, doing it all.  And we're not even getting started on the courage of all those people in suits, running 40mph to stand in front of armed hunters; stopping in the middle of highways to discombobulate oncoming drivers who might miss them; etc.  Basically curious people might want to read these and know what's up with that.

Post some examples or don't bother bringing any of it up. it just getting to be old DWA rhetoric.......ad nauseam.

(And if you don't think that's what's happening if this is all a crock, well, you have a lot of reading to do.)

No I don't. I can just wait for you to post something meaningful supporting your position. I've read plenty enough to sell me on the POSSIBILITY. But I don't fill the bandwidth with BF propaganda as a result of what I think. There's a difference.

Problem is:  bigfoot skepticism is made up, almost entirely, of the most incurious kind of people.  I get the ones who just go:  I heard that's not real, and back to being a person with a life.  It's the others I don't get.

It's because you lack a healthily discerning, skeptical mindset. It's the lazy person's way out of critical thinking. This subject requires a sharp edge which you have lost.......a long time ago. It shows loudly in your rants against science and in the way you belittle those who don't think like you. Condescension as a weapon is all you have because 6,500 posts full of your mind-nunbing fluff has so obviously failed in promoting BF as an unequivocal fact. Let it go DWA. There's no proof. End of story. 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 3

If that's entertaining for you all, then That's Entertainment.

I'm getting a little impatient with the people who want this proven now and haven't done anything about that.  Get on the stick, people!  Because I am not doing it for you.

(The most entertaining thing about this field is that except for a few of us everyone ignores the most entertaining part.)

Hello DWA,,

THANK YOU FOR RISING TO THE CHALLENGES I PRESENTED TO YOU. Typical dodging/ignoring maneuvers. Should've known

• Upvote 1

DWA is showing good strategy: never fight on a battlefield of the enemy's choosing.

MIB