The Family Tree - Different Species Of Bigfoot? Or... Maybe Not? (Theory/opinion)

I really like these parts of the interview, the edited version of them above is too edited.... for some reason.  Chris B.

"Dr. Goodall: Well now, you'll be amazed when I tell you that I'm sure that they exist.

Ira Flatow: You are?

Dr. Goodall: Yeah. I've talked to so many Native Americans who all describe the same sounds, two who have seen them. I've probably got about, oh, thirty books that have come from different parts of the world, from China from, from all over the place, and there was a little tiny snippet in the newspaper just last week which says that British scientists have found what they believed to be a yeti hair and that the scientists in the Natural History Museum in London couldn't identify it as any known animal.

Ira Flatow: Wow.

Dr. Goodall: That was just a wee bit in the newspaper and, obviously, we have to hear a little bit more about that.

Ira Flatow: Well, in this age of DNA, if you find a hair there might be some cells on it.

Dr. Goodall: Well, there will be and I'm sure that's what they've examined and they don't match up. That's what my little tiny snippet says. They don't match up with DNA cells from known animals, so -- apes.

Ira Flatow: Did you always have this belief that there., that they, that they existed?

Dr. Goodall: Well, I'm a romantic, so I always wanted them to exist. (Chuckles.)"

That’s pretty convincing!! But I wish you would have sourced the information where it came from. Good post though.  

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

That’s pretty convincing!! But I wish you would have sourced the information where it came from. Good post though.  

That was a transcript taken from a interview with Dr Goodall by Ira Flatow. It's easy to find if you'd like to listen to it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2blvo3_dr-jane-goodall-talks-about-bigfoot_animals

Chris B.

Since then she has said next to nothing on the subject. I don't blame her as it's tough thing for somebody with her reputation coming out in support of bigfoot. 

This is precisely it. The stigma surrounding Bigfoot is more powerful than any evidence short of a live one, in a genetics lab, drawing its own blood samples so the biologists don't have to do too much work.

Sorry, that seems a bit harsh towards the poor biologists. But I like the idea of Bigfoot cheerfully sat peering through a microscope!