What's The Deal With Fence Sitters?

Cotter

I mean, c'mon folks, make up your mind!  Talk about waffling!

What would it take (sans proof) to get you to bleev?  How about not bleev?

If you, as a fence sitter, HAD to decide, which way would you fall?

;-)

Off the fence...on the side of the evidence.

One problem with fence sitters is that they may not be making their bet based on a full assessment.

One day I think "Yes - Too many sightings...".....

Then the next day I read about another hoax or see another blurry photo and I say, "What the heck was I thinking....No!"

I just don't know. But I want to be around when the TRUTH finally is revealed....Whatever it may be!

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Believing is nonsense.

People can believe in many things, some not so great.

I genuinely have no idea why anybody would believe in this creatures existence if they hadn't seen one or some kind of sign that they were pretty certain of pointed towards it.

And I feel even more strongly about that given the last 10 years of looking in to the mixer and seeing first hand the kind of circus that unfortunately follows the subject around.

• Upvote 1

I use to be on one side of the fence, then I saw the grass was greener on the other side, tried to jump over now I'm stuck here sitting on the fence afraid to go on either side.  :o

I have to say that if Bob Gimlin came out and confessed to the P.G.F. being a hoax, that would pretty much be the end of bigfoot for me. What would convince me of their existence? I would be satisfied with good, crystal clear, up close daytime footage or photos. Or a body of course.

Hello barncat,

I hear you on Mr. Gimlin. Seeing that footage a few years after reading Ivan T. Sanderson's "Abominable Snowmen" book as a young teen was almost too much at once.

SSR Team

^^ So you don't believe in the creatures existence, BobbyO?

Believe, no.

Know, yes.

Big difference IMO.

I've seen one, in daylight, unrestricted view, no doubt about it at all.

It's why I get frustrated at many threads on this forum and become a little sharp, and for that I apologise.

Guest Divergent1

For those with no actual sightings, I think sitting on the fence is the place to be when it comes to something that can't be immediately proven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_skepticism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartesian_doubt

There are different types of skepticism which I think causes a monumental amout of confusion when you are trying to discuss fringe topics.

Believe, no.

Know, yes.

Big difference IMO.

I've seen one, in daylight, unrestricted view, no doubt about it at all.

It's why I get frustrated at many threads on this forum and become a little sharp, and for that I apologise.

I only asked because your profile says No to the sasquatch encounter question.

For those with no actual sightings, I think sitting on the fence is the place to be when it comes to something that can't be immediately proven."

To a point yes. But when you weigh in factors like lack of proof when there should be plenty; when you look at what must be discounted in current scientific knowledge in order to make sasquatch possible, it just does not add up.  So, yes, one cannot state as a moral certainty that bigfoot does not exist, but one can easily say it is highly unlikely and that there is no real evidence for it. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 2

When one omits considering the evidence, then of course it just does not add up.  Not that either of the things one is considering there are even there to consider.  There is no "should be;" there is not stuff scientists need to discount.  Nope, nothing.

So.  "Conjuring up chimeras" is a good way not to help oneself add stuff up.

Edited by DWA