What's The Deal With Fence Sitters?

Cotter

For me it is why it is and what it is.    

There are many that feel this way. I know of quite a few of them, including my very own mother. This has driven me to dig deeply into the subject, and it's even prompted me to get out and investigate the matter, myself.

There are many theories out there, and you can bet that there will be another just around the bend... count on it.

Thanks for sharing your missing person account. Well done!

You seem like a really good guy Gumshoeye.

See is a good guy as well and much better suited for the role of CA than I ever was.

I have a temper and have a problem repressing it.

The forum is really fortunate to have See-Te-Cah NC as CA.

While there are some fantastical tales like BF piloting UFO's, hopping freight trains, and chain smoking, it is hard to look at all of the sighting reports from credible folks and just totally dismiss them as fantasy, paredoila, or misidentifications.

Even when I was on the fence, I felt this way.

There is just too much there for there not to be something there IMHO.

Quoted for truth. This echos my own sentiments.

• Upvote 1

See-Te-Cah NC - Thank you for the kind words my friend, I am happy to be aboard and part of this fine group of people.

You're welcome. We're glad to have you aboard!

You seem like a really good guy Gumshoeye.

See is a good guy as well and much better suited for the role of CA than I ever was.

I have a temper and have a problem repressing it.

The forum is really fortunate to have See-Te-Cah NC as CA.

Thanks for the very kind words, HRP. I'm humbled.

Here begins a great choreography of parts and pieces where the subject of Bigfoot entangles science, as though witnesses really need a tenured scholar to reassure that what they saw was real, and not hallucinations. I suppose if hundreds of thousands of people are hallucinating on that scale, one could easily conclude the world is indeed in great trouble .... I don't believe that to be case. There are reasons why all previous attempts to prove accuracy of thousands of reported hoaxes (said tongue in cheek) have always met stonewalls .... To me that is greater question.

Stories are like fingerprints, everyone has them. On the face of it, all fingerprints seem alike, but the reality is that the six billion or so people on our planet have unique lessons and experiences behind them and fingerprints too ....

Many folks who are BF (Bigfoot researchers, novelists, curiosity seekers) that I know are indeed far more insightful than I on this matter have also seen this live living and breathing hoax. They themselves are extremely educated professionals retired and currently employed in a variety of occupations who are lucid free thinkers, not prone to hallucinations. Very Credible!

Do I believe Bigfoot exist? Indeed I do! Do I know what they are? No, and nobody seems to know with certainty at this point.

Do I care what science has to say about it? No, not really. That is their area of expertise and they have no idea of mine or yours either. Most are good and worthy stewards of science and proving what is possible not. It's their destiny and life path not mine. Mine is to eek out a meager existence and learn what I can about this thing.

One quick glance at a timeline spreadsheet is enough to convince me this is a living breeding population of "somethings" that have grown exponentially since 1965. So what gives? Why all the distractions and diversions over what science does or does not think? 

Are they good or evil? Are they malevolent or benevolent .... Not enough is known about it in all fairness. Does it threaten my existence or that of my family and friends? What will occur when competition for food, land and water become more scarce? Will mankind be forced to compete with these things for survival? For me these are the important questions that I find myself wondering about.