Hiding Evidence

MagniAesir

SSR Team

If that's the case, Bobby, the government won't have to provide anymore proof, as they're already extinct, as Crowlogic contends.

As one that believes bigfoot might exist, I certainly do NOT believe the US government knows any more than the rest of us. It's silly, ask Mr. Snowden.

Well it's certainly not the case incorr for obvious reasons but if it was, the Gov may not have to provide proof anymore but they would surely have to acknowledge its existence, whether now extinct or not, which it simply hasn't done ?

I personally don't believe that this animal exists (which it does) right under the noses of 400m people and right under the noses of the US Gov without them knowing full well.

I know a few of you don't hold your Gov in the highest regards, but there's no way that's happening.

Why they won't go public with it I have no idea, but i guess like everything else it would be down to $$ more than anything else.

Edited by BobbyO

In the U.S. most of us would ignore the almost extinct creature and do what we wished with the property, all quite legally, if the authorities did already know it was there, there would be repercussions perhaps, but if they didn't too bad for the creature and its species.  To give what I always thought was a great example of what good intentions with stupid actions get you, I proffer this true situation.  Circa 19 80s or whenever the red cockaded or some such woodpecker was in the environmental news. It was said to nest only in old growth or maybe dead trees, I think pines. Against the vehement protest of many timber property owners the government in its great wisdom declared it endangered or almost extinct or whatever designation they arrived at, and then decreed that hencefore any red cockaded woodpecker or whatever its real name, if nesting, would be entitled to the area of a mile radius or diameter, one or the other, resources from said nest, and the property owner could not alter, cut or otherwise change the area for the benefit of the bird and the propagation of the species. All quite commendable from the birds viewpoint, and those lovers and appreciaters of the bird. From a property owner and especially timber farm resources farmer, not very cheery a prospect to lose that much timber for a bird, pretty or not, endangered or not. So strangely the bird population began to decline instead of rise. It apparently is a lot easier to shoot a nesting woodpecker cut the tree, get rid of the nest and bury or burn a bird than it is to lose several thousand dollars in revenue and the hassle of have the government on your back. Later they learned the birds did nest in new growth or other trees for what its worth. The bird are still around, I have seen them on occasion, so the story has a happier ending than it might have...

Regarding the parakeet, please prove the bigfoot creature is in dire straits. Can't be done. Lots of tales, but no provable data.

The point that needs to be made here is that protocol is not setup for such a discovery, because nobody in science or government believes their are any large mammals left to be discovered in North America.

So as an ecologist you're equating the genetic distinction between two closely related leopard frogs known to reside in the area to the discovery of a previously unknown 8-12 foot tall bipedal primate? It is your professional opinion that those two discoveries would be considered the same by others? Seriously?

Guest Stan Norton

Nope. My point is, simply, that surprises happen and I am very certain that many of the folks who confidently scoff on the BFF would be the same type who would've scoffed at the notion of a novel amphibian on Staten island. That simple. No need to read too much into it and nice try for an attempted point score at split hair golf.

Not one normally for conspiracies but I would expect some of the sightings which have taken place on military owned soil to be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly.

Edited by MarkGlasgow

Nope. My point is, simply, that surprises happen and I am very certain that many of the folks who confidently scoff on the BFF would be the same type who would've scoffed at the notion of a novel amphibian on Staten island. That simple. No need to read too much into it and nice try for an attempted point score at split hair golf.

It's always wonderful to gain new knowledge but it's a small surprise and I'm doubtful that there were many scoffers. The "genetic uniqueness of the then-unnamed frog, which until then was considered a southern leopard frog" by experts even though it differed visually with "subtly distinctive spots". It wasn't unknown to science, it was so closely related that it wasn't differentiated until two years ago. Equating this find to Sassy and skeptics the way you have seems disingenuous to me but I'd be in favor of using "comparing Sasquatch skeptics to Stan Norton's proposed but currently unknown skeptics of nearly visually identical yet genetically distinct leopard frogs previously lumped together by biologists and ecologists" rather than the tired "apples to oranges" to honor the discovery? 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Stan doesn't want to play anymore but I'd like to hear more about MarkGlasgow's idea if anyone has input about investigations completed on military bases?

Bottom line here is there is no government conspiracy to cover up the existence is Sasquatch. No government agency believes there is a yet undiscovered primate roaming the forest in the US. And although I don't believe they are extinct yet.... I do believe that the actual number have significantly declined science the late 70's... No hard data just a gut feeling.

I agree with you Adam about the lack of any government cover up conspiracy. I can't disagree with your population decline theory but I'm curious as to how you reconcile all the recent sightings with a significantly declining population?

I personally am suspect to any supposed sightings outside the PNW and Western Canada. No disrespect to anyone that has claimed sighting elsewhere my opinion is their last strong hold in North America is PNW

Wow, I'm getting pounded down this week...I mean, my jaw is getting pretty sore from dropping so far. I have to put a pillow under my head before I start reading threads.