Possible Bigfoot Log Shelter Found

georgerm

Guest lightheart

Wow. That is a very well-made structure. Is that an uprooted tree at its base?

One thing I notice is the smaller branches placed on top that do not really contribute to the structure's ability to be weather tight but seem to be indicative of some possible structures that I have seen. My thought is that even as the structure is being used they continue to add small pieces of brush and in some cases vines that are still growing with green leaves.

Edited by lightheart

I'll bet that those smaller branches placed on top (in the second pic) were green when they were initially placed there. lightheart, you found the brush pile(s) I was looking for.

It looks like bedding at the entrance in the first pic.

Thanks Ligheheart.........................one of those shelters looks just like it. Those sticks on the shelter I found are tree limbs attached to these 16' log poles layed side by side. It's not a rain shelter but could be a hunting blind, or summer shelter or both. The funny part is it's about 1/4 mile from a RV campground and the main coast highway. It could be human or a hungry bigfoot that camps in an area where deer have congregated to escape cougars. Deer many times feel safe around RV parks. There are no mushroom pickers in the Summer.

Quarter mile from an RV park would make me wonder if kids could do it. I know we loved making forts when I was a kid. Are the logs too heavy for a few kids to move around?

Guest lightheart

Another thought Chele is that a campground or an RV park might provide an opportunity for easy food from the dumpsters and garbage cans.

Yea, I know. I don't know if the RV park being there is a good sign or a bad sign! Could go either way, I suppose.  It has been said they like to watch people, and go through trash, and raid campsites at night....

• 1 year later...

During fall and winter months this area is void of people. This might be when BFs come out of the hills where hunting deer may be easier.

The BF builds blinds so it can charge out of a small entrance on all fours to grab a deer. Is this how you see it?  Has anyone else found structures like this?

It's not water proof which puts the nest theory out.

BFF Patron

I found and photographed a similar structure but it was near a human trail. That and the fact that there was nothing to tie it to BF made me think it was a hunters shelter, where he would put a tarp over the top and have a dry shelter at night and not have to carry a tent around. As in this one, there was nothing cut, but it was constructed of gathered materials and placed in a similar manner. It reminded me of the kinds of shelters that we were taught to build in Air Force survival training. I looked for the picture but apparently it was one I lost when my computer died. Someone in another thread commented that while these structures are not weather resistant in rain, in snow they could form a snow covered structure, that would be very warm. Snow is a pretty good insulator and mountain climbers shelter in snow caves. So such a lean to structure covered with a couple of feet of snow might be pretty comfortable in below freezing weather. Normally snow caves can only be constructed from compacted snow or made like igloos but if you have a stick structure to hold up the snow, you have an stick supported igloo. Another suggestion by someone on the forum, is that these structures are not shelters but may be cribs where BF stash juveniles when they leave them to go off hunting. The sticks would protect the young ones from attack by wolves and other predators. Although personally I think they just put junior up in tree to leave them. Like most things related to BF and sticks, until someone sees BF using this kind of thing we can only guess if they are involved in their use.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Your theories made good sense. When the weather breaks, we might make a trip back there to look for hairs in more detail.

The first time around I looked but didn't have good light or a magnifier.

The 'tarped lean to' makes good sense since downed pilots could easily make them. It may well be for a transient since the coast

highway is less than a mile away and well out of sight.

If it's a crib or ambush blind then hairs should still be there.

Here is freaky thought................do bigfoots build blinds along human trails for a sinister purpose? Someone might know.

A the Tracker School one is taught how to make a debris hut, which is quite similar to these but harder to spot. They are completely rain proof and will keep you warm in the winter too.

If I had to guess I would say these are the results of kids playing but who knows?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

The problem I have is that it is rectilinear using know construction techniques of Homo Sapiens and not know nest building activities which weave or mount material into a circular pattern  as in other Hominids. It is not unusual to find abandoned primitive camp structure in the wild made by hunters. 

Here is a link to a likely Bigfoot nest on YouTube with what is said to be a baby Sasquatch in it. The investigator seems like a fairly reliable sort who is clearly looking on prime areas and had a large team with him. His camp was attacked by something using a stripped branch as a spear withing 12 hours of him crawling in the nest.

https://youtu.be/ncybFVyj9wk

BFF Patron

I really do not think BF needs to build an ambush blind to get a human. They are natural camo color, blend right into the woods colors, and can probably walk faster than we can run. So if they were hunting humans it would be a grab from behind thing as is described when they get deer. If they are involved in this construction it is most likely shelter. While watertight shelters are doable with careful placement of pine tree branches, they do not last any longer than the limbs retain the needles. I have wondered if what we are finding are the winter shelters in the snow. It could be that when they move around during the winter months to hunt from more secure and temperate locations like caves and lava tubes, that they use these structures as temporary shelters in the snow. A temporary winter use would explain the seeming lack of recent use in most cases.