Multiple Animal Sightings - Does It Mean Anything?

SSR Team

Exactly, there are tonnes of reports out there that haven't been read and submitted.

Guest thermalman

Thermalman, the original man who took ostmans report was Rene Dahinden, and according to a close friend of Renes, will jevning, rene believed ostman to be lying, towards the end of his life.

That is certainly a possibility?

SSR Team

I fancy that Dahinden's lack of success in the field and him never seeing one led to him being a little bitter towards the subject at the end of his life personally..

That's not to say that Ostman wasn't lying, but food for thought anyway.

Admin

A dozen or so in this report (one of my favorites!):

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/jacksonOR.htm

Well, out of 670 northeastern (NY/VT/western MA/western CT) reports I've cataloged, only 28 report multiple creatures.

15 of those report 2 creatures together.  6 reports identify, or led me to identify one of the bigfoot as a juvenile.  This is usually based on a significant size discrepancy being reported between the two bigfoot seen.  In 3 reports, there was a smaller size discrepency (e.g., 8' and 7') or the bigfoot were reported as being of equal size.  I put those down as male/female pairs, although that is admittedly speculative.  

8 reports had 3 creatures together; 4 reports had 4 creatures together.  Interestingly, in 5 of these cases the witness identified (or I listed based on size discrepancy) 2 juveniles in the company of a single or two adults.  

I have a single report where 5 bigfoots were allegedly scene at one time. I've chalked that one up as having a significant possibility of being a hoax for a variety of reasons.  

VAFooter - that would be truly terrifying for me. 

Sounds like they were trying to flush game - in this case towards the witnesses location.  That probably means there were more behind them to intercept the flushed game.

Probably the more dangerous end of the situation.

A dozen or so in this report (one of my favorites!):

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/jacksonOR.htm

Kinda cool but fiction.  A member on a survivalist board managed to backtrack the story to the kid who originally wrote it as a school assignment for a creative writing class.   I don't think the kid was local to the area but they clearly did their homework.   I've been to the location many times.   A few details are off.   It's not an ice cream joint, it's a place called Becky's which is locally famous for some amazing pie.   The travel times are a little off for the conditions ... in winter, driving it fast enough to get from the summit to Becky's in 45 minutes would be a death ride.   For whatever it's worth, IMHO it is definitely bigfoot country, just not in winter as described.   The reports from that area are June through August.  

MIB

• Upvote 2

Admin

MIB why did you have to go and ruin a perfectly terrifying report.....

I had not heard the backstory for this, is there a link to that somewhere? And yes, doing a GE viewing of the area, some of the details of the location did seem off, but thought I was just not comprehending the details correctly or that some things had changed since the incident was alleged to have occurred.

I originally found the incident here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/762310__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Ok__boys_and_girls__it_s_time_for_another_CREEPY_THREAD.html&page=6

Interesting thread all the way through, just do not read it at night...in the dark....all alone....

Thanks for updating this!

May 1976

Suscon, Pennsylvania

A family driving around a lake during the day when they saw four hairy erect walking figures varying from 8’ to 10’ tall, the creatures had long arms, large heads, no necks, and thick black hair. They waddled from side to side as if they were stiff legged. No other information.

Source: Paul Johnson/ Stan Gordon

My bad.  Sorry.  :(  

I think I saw reference or a link to that on survivalistboards.com but it could have been on ifish.com, too.   I haven't been able to find it so far, sorry.  I remember following it back to the source at the time but I'm not having any luck relocating it right now.   

Even if that story isn't true, it is a "footy" area.   The whole Cascade range is "footy".   The problem is it's a huge haystack and the darn needles are moving around on their own.   I think a lot of what BobbyO is seeing in Washington Cascade data applies the whole length of the range.  

Reading, at night ... yeah.   I don't recommend reading Missing 411 camping alone anywhere with "Skookum" in the name.    

MIB

Edited by MIB

Residence, Multiple Animals 3 Bigfoot Speech

February 1971

Alpine, California

A family lived at the end of a desolate road reported seeing bizarre hairy creatures of different heights prowling the area at night. These were accompanied by a strong pungent odor resembling rotten garbage. One of the creatures was about 7-feet tall, the other 5 feet and another one about 3 or 4 feet tall. In one reported incident the hairy creatures seemed to mimic human speech, their voice sounding very guttural, the main witness, a Dr. Baddour insisted in calling the creatures “Zoobies†speculating they interdimensional in nature. 

Source: Matt Moneymaker

Multiple Animals 20

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

A Nootka Indian, and trapper Muchalot Harry, was plying his trade around the Conuma River and had been sleeping when he felt somebody picking him up, bedding and all, and carried him for about three miles by a large Sasquatch like creature. When set down, he found himself surrounded by about 20 of the creatures, both male and female, which he at first thought planned to eat him, as their campsite was littered with large bones. The creatures poked and prodded Harry, seemingly puzzled by his clothing. After a while, they appeared to grow tired of the human curiosity, and many left the camp. Seeing his chance, Harry made a run for it- running right past his own camp to his canoe on the river. He never went trapping in the woods again.

Source: Timeline of a Mysterious Universe

Note: Of particular interest, this incident allegedly occurred or was reported in 1928. This same area today is rife with found 'mystery' body parts, some which reportedly still had  shoes attached as were in some instances. There had had been talk this was some this all sort of hoax, or some other laughable explanation but the hoax appears to some history behind it, if this incident is accurate .... Just saying   

Gum, is there a backstory for this statement? Read something about this.

This same area today is rife with found 'mystery' body parts, some which reportedly still had  shoes attached as were in some instances. 

Gum, is there a backstory for this statement? Read something about this.

This same area today is rife with found 'mystery' body parts, some which reportedly still had  shoes attached as were in some instances. 

No not really George, all of that was discussed and mentioned on the Beheading thread. If you recall there was quite a bit of banter back and forth about serial killers and the Missing 411 victims…. That was all around the Vancouver Island and British Columbia area. Big expansive wild rugged area sparsely populated. Very briefly though, there were accounts after accounts of a leg found here and there always in or near water and some of the legs were found with a single shoe attached to the foot. I was working a database for an investigation before I retired when I stumbled onto those reports. I contacted Paulides and spoke with him because quite frankly, I had no interest in Bigfoot at that time. Thought he might have some interest in that .... I do know that that at least one was arrested and charged in a serial type crime up that way .... feeding the evidence to his farm animals. Can't rule out all the body parts reports are one in the same though ... especially when you see a report dated 1920s of something very related.

Motorist, Multiple Animals 4

May 1976

Suscon, Pennsylvania

A family driving around a lake during the day when they saw four hairy erect walking figures varying from 8’ to 10’ tall, the creatures had long arms, large heads, no necks, and thick black hair. They waddled from side to side as if they were stiff legged. No other information.

Source: Paul Johnson/ Stan Gordon

Edited by Gumshoeye

One of my favorite reports can be found in one of John Green's books. A prospector named Burns Yeomans of British Columbia claimed a multiple creature sighting in the summer of either 1939 or 1940, near Harrison Lake. He was prospecting with 4 other men and he and another man climbed a high ridge and down in the valley below he spied 4 or 5 creatures, like men but taller and heavier, dark in color and covered in hair. Always on two legs. The interesting thing is that Burn Yeomans said he watched them for half an hour from the top of the hill and they appeared to be wrestling with each other the whole time. Like in a playful manner. One would be thrown down then he would get up and jump to his legs again and it would happen over and other and none of them seemed to get hurt. They were quite a way away (3/4 of a mile) and he didn't have any binoculars, but that is what he claimed he saw. He said he'd never seen anything else like it before or since.

Interesting stuff.