Multiple Animal Sightings - Does It Mean Anything?

Farm, Red Eyes, Different Species, Carcasses, Shooting, Multiple Animals

June 25, 1981

Rome, Ohio

The witnesses who were living at an isolated farmhouse reported seeing a black form about 8-foot tall with two large glowing red eyes standing in their front yard. One of the men blasted it with a shotgun; it then screamed and ran into the woods. Later several gorilla-like figures with sharp fangs and glowing red eyes wee seen moving in and out of the woods. Other figures, one carrying a dark blue light were also seen. Mutilated and oddly wounded animals were also found in the area along with strange tracks.

Source: Jerome Clark, Unexplained!

Farm, Multiple Animals 3, Shooting, LEO

June 29, 1981

Rome, Ohio 5:00A

The witness and his family reported being awakened by loud growling and activity in the front and backyard. When he went to check the disturbance they reportedly saw a black colored creature standing about 7 to 9 feet tall. Each time they shone a light on the creature or attempted to shoot it, it would run off into woods. The witness and his sons chased the creature toward a clearing in the north tree line, where they then saw thee pairs of large eyes. They then fired several shots at the creatures and then waited for daylight. Police were called in and found mysterious footprints.

Source: Dennis Pilichis

Hiking, Multiple Animals 2

July 13, 1996

Deschutes National Forest, Oregon

Hav Trahn had been hiking up a steep slope when he slipped and fell, breaking his leg, a compound fracture with the bone sticking out. He passed out, and when he regained consciousness, there were two huge hair covered creatures hovering over him. The larger one was 7 ½ - 8 ft, a gray white color, eyes black with no whites, large sloping forehead, and peaked head–domed, very big feet. The second creature was about the same height, sandy colored gray with white tuff on top of its head. They were very hairy and he could not see any sex organs. They were jabbering at each other with their small mouths, but using “words†but indistinct noises. He passed out again, and did not reawaken until his wife, Gioking, shook him awake, and said two ape-men had carried him out of the forest and deposited him near her. She said they were horribly ugly and added that they had very long hair except on the face, heads and feet. She then took her husband to a local hospital.

Source: Nathan Peak, The Western Bigfoot Society Newsletter#69

Edited by Gumshoeye

Gum if thats true, it sure shows a level of compassion and intelligence.

I broke my arm before and it bent into the shape of the letter L . The bone was very close to sticking out .. so i can agree that pain or sight could make one pass out...

I broke my arm before and it bent into the shape of the letter L . The bone was very close to sticking out .. so i can agree that pain or sight could make one pass out...

I heard a few stories about their compassion also - I broke and dislocated my arm last year.  Woke up a short time later with a lot of pain.  2 plates and 24 screws to put it back together.  Waking up to ugly hairy men would likely put me back to unconsciousness.  I've helped animals in trouble it'd be nice to get some karma deep in the woods.

Kinda cool but fiction.  A member on a survivalist board managed to backtrack the story to the kid who originally wrote it as a school assignment for a creative writing class.   I don't think the kid was local to the area but they clearly did their homework.   I've been to the location many times.   A few details are off.   It's not an ice cream joint, it's a place called Becky's which is locally famous for some amazing pie.   The travel times are a little off for the conditions ... in winter, driving it fast enough to get from the summit to Becky's in 45 minutes would be a death ride.   For whatever it's worth, IMHO it is definitely bigfoot country, just not in winter as described.   The reports from that area are June through August.  

MIB

Do you think the creatures migrate through seasonally? They spend their summers there, then head off to a warmer winter climate?

Hiking, Multiple Animals 2

July 13, 1996

Deschutes National Forest, Oregon

Hav Trahn had been hiking up a steep slope when he slipped and fell, breaking his leg, a compound fracture with the bone sticking out. He passed out, and when he regained consciousness, there were two huge hair covered creatures hovering over him. The larger one was 7 ½ - 8 ft, a gray white color, eyes black with no whites, large sloping forehead, and peaked head–domed, very big feet. The second creature was about the same height, sandy colored gray with white tuff on top of its head. They were very hairy and he could not see any sex organs. They were jabbering at each other with their small mouths, but using “words†but indistinct noises. He passed out again, and did not reawaken until his wife, Gioking, shook him awake, and said two ape-men had carried him out of the forest and deposited him near her. She said they were horribly ugly and added that they had very long hair except on the face, heads and feet. She then took her husband to a local hospital.

Source: Nathan Peak, The Western Bigfoot Society Newsletter#69

That is truly remarkable, being saved by BF, plus they returned him TO HIS HOME! How many people can say that BF saved their lives? How did the wife feel when BF deposited her husband at her feet?

Seeing something horrific can cause some people to pass out or throw up, others just deal with it, take care of the situation, and move on. You handled your injury really well. I hope that your arm is fully restored and functions well?

Edited by SweetSusiq

Has anyone read any of John Green’s databases?  He lists some personal information on the witnesses. Anyone seen that? You have? What does it say?  Anything  peculiar? - Just wondering …

Do you think the creatures migrate through seasonally? They spend their summers there, then head off to a warmer winter climate?

Depends on what you mean by that.  

I don't think on average they travel great distances.   In other words, I don't think hundreds or thousands leave the northern Rockies to spend winter along the Gulf Coast or in south Florida.   On the other hand, I think they will move a shorter distance to use seasonally optimal parts of familiar territory, for instance, in very mountainous regions, they may travel 10-20 miles to drop 5000 feet or more in elevation and get out of the deepest snow.   That also amounts to following the food sources since the deer and elk also travel to winter ranges.

I think there are individuals or very small groups who travel large distances, hundreds, maybe thousands of miles.   Those could be displaced juvenile males or could just be the curious ones who want to know what's over the next hill ... not too different from us ... heading out on a walk-about.   The net result of that would be more vigorous genetic mixing than a more stationary population would have which might allow a smaller overall population to still remain rather fairly homogeneous and genetically viable.  

MIB

Admin

Has anyone read any of John Green’s databases? 

Check it out for yourself...   ;)

http://www.sasquatchdatabase.com/

November 24, 2010

Cheboygen, Michigan 12:00A

Two friends had gone out, armed, looking for a spot to set up their blinds for the muzzle- loading season when they crossed from a field with tons of deer beddings, and then they came to another field with none whatsoever. They decided to venture down this trail into the woods. They got maybe 300 yards into it when they started hearing heavy breathing and snapping sounds in the thick brush to their right. They thought that it was maybe coyotes but they when they arrived at a bend they were stopped on their tracks. In front of them, maybe 60 yards away, was something blacker than the woods standing on two feet and standing between 6’8†and 7’4†in height. They slowly tuned away and back tracked. However before they got to the field the same thing was now in front of them again. They turned around for a second and then turned back and it was gone. When they got to the field they noticed that there were four or more of these creatures, one on each corner of the field just standing there. They saw one move behind a tree. At this point they were very frightened, they made their way through the field and got to the edge and there was one standing directly on the middle o the trail entering the woods. At this the witnesses hurried back home and the whole day they felt like they were being watched and stalked. According to the main witness (a Michigan National guardsman) they had been out every night since then. They have learned not to use lights because it comes closer than 60 yards. The closest has been to the witness was maybe 25 yards and was moving closer. At that point he shot at it, apparently without any visible effects. Another night they saw four that appeared to act more aggressive and appeared to be trying to herd the witnesses into a corner.

Source: http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/2010/11/strange-encounter-in-Cheboygen-county.html

• 2 weeks later...

Multiple Animals 20

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

A Nootka Indian, and trapper Muchalot Harry, was plying his trade around the Conuma River and had been sleeping when he felt somebody picking him up, bedding and all, and carried him for about three miles by a large Sasquatch like creature. When set down, he found himself surrounded by about 20 of the creatures, both male and female, which he at first thought planned to eat him, as their campsite was littered with large bones. The creatures poked and prodded Harry, seemingly puzzled by his clothing. After a while, they appeared to grow tired of the human curiosity, and many left the camp. Seeing his chance, Harry made a run for it- running right past his own camp to his canoe on the river. He never went trapping in the woods again.

Source: Timeline of a Mysterious Universe

• 1 month later...

Multiple Animals 7

Paraphrased Summary: Man walking his dog late at night down a poorly lit rural road was terrified when he saw six or seven animals ranging in heights from 9 to 4 feet following him. He was terrified at the encounter he quit his job and moved out of town vowing never to return.   Read the report its entirety at GCBRO.

Date: 1996 – 12:00A

Place: Louisiana

http://gcbro.com/LAnwa006.htm

Edited by Gumshoeye

Kinda cool but fiction.  A member on a survivalist board managed to backtrack the story to the kid who originally wrote it as a school assignment for a creative writing class.   I don't think the kid was local to the area but they clearly did their homework.   I've been to the location many times.   A few details are off.   It's not an ice cream joint, it's a place called Becky's which is locally famous for some amazing pie.   The travel times are a little off for the conditions ... in winter, driving it fast enough to get from the summit to Becky's in 45 minutes would be a death ride.   For whatever it's worth, IMHO it is definitely bigfoot country, just not in winter as described.   The reports from that area are June through August.  

MIB

I remember different, I thought it first saw light on a hunting, gun or outdoors site, the poster was answering questions on it, could have been survivalist board. Anyway, I got the impression of continuity/consistency, as in the person who wrote it was answering questions, rather than it being someone elses story, fabricated, embroidered or experiential.

Be careful of drawing inferences about the seasonality of BFs, when sapiens exhibits significant seasonality in the locale. Worst case you could have 100 BF generating a mere 2 reports, in an area visited by only a thousand people over winter, and have 1 BF responsible for 10 reports in an area swarmed by 100,000 tourists in summer. 

That Shel Dion lady, who was asking for help fending off dogmen last fall, claims to have interacted with a group of several hundred Bigfoot.  Somewhere along the Mississippi River if I'm not mistaken.

^^^

I say this only as a bench mark and not for any other reason, I have read over 7,000 Bigfoot reports all cross the United States and a few in Canada, I have never read such a thing in all the accounts that I read. The greatest number that I recall reading was report out of Canada, where either a prospector or hunter reported seeing twenty in a group.

Of those 7,000 reports I read, 161 separate individual witnesses reported observing multiple animals.

In order of greatest number seen in a group mentioned in those reports is as follows:  

Two Bigfoots as a pair are most often reported. Three in a group are the next greatest number mentioned, followed by 4, 5, 6, 7 and 20.  

Edited by Gumshoeye