How Can You Discover A Long Term Research Sight For Northern Climates?

Lake County Bigfooot

Except the Bear hibernates in cold climates such as Washington or Wisconsin. Even the NAWAC reports that area x goes dead in winter. Oklahoma is not exactly a cold climate.

I have a feeling that if we can crack the code of what happens during winter time? We solve the mystery. Food sources narrow, snow makes tracking easy and a ape needs some sheltered places to escape the cold and snow. It makes them more vulnerable.

The natives were migratory.  It would make sense any sort of quasi human would be as well.  Especially one that is bigger and doesn't use tools or fire. 

Unless they transition to eating snow or they hibernate they must be forced to move in colder climates. Or they are not there to begin with during summer months.

Guest thermalman

Bears and some other animals do go into hibernation. But there are still many animals that do not. Cougars, wolverines, wolves, coyotes, elk, moose, deer, etc. Hard to say which side of the hibernation fence BF falls. My guess, is that they migrate. Although not proven, there have been claims of BF tracks in snow.

Edited by thermalman

Except the Bear hibernates in cold climates such as Washington or Wisconsin. Even the NAWAC reports that area x goes dead in winter. Oklahoma is not exactly a cold climate.

I have a feeling that if we can crack the code of what happens during winter time? We solve the mystery. Food sources narrow, snow makes tracking easy and a ape needs some sheltered places to escape the cold and snow. It makes them more vulnerable.

I should have been more specific as I was speaking of activity throughout the entire year. I certainly agree that activity seems to drop off in the winter and I believe it is because they may hold up deep in these evegreen swamp forests where people have almost zero access. This might also explain the lack of snow tracks, you do not leave many trackways if you do not move outside of human buffer zone (evergreen bog forest).

I am only speaking from my experience and findings here in MI, my point in referance to bear habitat has to do with safe shelter and food supply. Coniferious forest does infact have a fairly high caloric yeild due to the range of pine cones,pine nuts and the host of critters these attract.

Bear hibernate in these large boggy spruce forests on small raised areas for security and environmental protection. To see the habitat congruency just pull up a black bear population map for a state and then compare it to a sasquatch reports map.

Sorry for any spelling issues, I am on my tablet this morning.

Edited by NathanFooter

I concur with Nathan, who presented this idea to me much earlier in my visits to the BFF.

I think that given the nakedness of the terrain apart from evergreens there is simply not

enough cover in daylight for these creatures. Being hold up in a bog makes perfect sense,

because as the winters toughen up, more and more of the areas creatures will be paying that

bog a visit to tap it's eco diversity. Deer and other mammals will also seek shelter in and

near these areas, this means our old friend the Squatch is just sitting and not wasting energy,

the meals are front door delivery during the winter months. So could this sustain them through

a tough winter? I assume they do live off of fat stored up in the fall as well, but supplement

the stores with what they can find. A sort of torpor state with little activity, excepting the

occasional easy meal that wanders close.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

There is a place by Brookfield zoo, actually there was a poster on here a few years ago posting on it, he seems to be long gone, he was getting on their bad side and had photos of huge tree splintering breaks (he was causing) by angering the squatches.

It should come up in search, brookfield zoo, central illinois, ... Your not gonna try and catch one, are you?

SSR Team

When people are talking about migrating, what type of distances do you have in mind ?

Is such a metabolic slow-down known in any living, or fossil, great ape (including us)?   If not, what would your suggestion being true imply about sasquatch origins?    Does it align with the apparent night vision adaptation also being undocumented in known great apes, including us?  

Rather than repeating the same old claims about validity which we've all heard repeatedly and become bored with, what sort of test can we devise to verify any of it?   How do we put something new on the table?

MIB

SSR Team

There is a place by Brookfield zoo, actually there was a poster on here a few years ago posting on it, he seems to be long gone, he was getting on their bad side and had photos of huge tree splintering breaks (he was causing) by angering the squatches.

It should come up in search, brookfield zoo, central illinois, ... Your not gonna try and catch one, are you?

Chicago ?

I went out in Chicago with a Guy once, in a cemetary in fact ( Bachelors Grove ), an ex member on here.

Not a great deal happened really apart from a pretty strange siren type noise we heard that couldn't nail down and seeing these very strange stick formations that had been made by something.

I left and as soon as I left he found a print and all of it ended up as a BFRO report.

Not sure how legit the print was as I had left by then but the other things happened for sure, and I took a couple of pics and heard the siren type noise.

Never reported my own sighting though, never really been overly comfortable with it and would in no way have the patience or temperament if I had an investigator who "grilled me".

I might write it up in a good way though in the future.

Well, Stan is not in the business of hoaxing, so whatever he found was real or simply misidentified.

I have contacted him several times, firstly for my own encounter, secondly with questions. He has always

been forthright, and showed no eagerness to even post my encounter, seeing it was only a class B, he is now

limiting what he is posting on the BFRO to the most distinct encounters. I know for a fact a lot of what

comes to him never sees print.

Went to my possible research sight near Milton Wisconsin, Lima Marsh area, for a little preliminary today.

The area is intriguing do to some Tamarack Bogs, and the fact that it abuts the Kettle Moraine topography.

A brief history of sightings have occurred. I was really just getting the lay of the land better, as well

as looking for an access point to the Bogs. I plan to record as well as place some trail cams. I do not

have a great deal of confidence in the long term prospect of any area south of the northern forest zone.

It is a shot in the dark as of now.

When people are talking about migrating, what type of distances do you have in mind ?

I'm one of those 'migration' folks.  I think that several (few) hundred miles isn't out of the question.

I personally believe they use the Mississippi River corridor as a path.

The idea of any mammal developing an ability to live off fat reserves should be no mystery, all of North Americas

largest predators seem to have this ability. So I would suggest the adaption is more out of necessity than anything

else, and would not preclude a primate.

Just something interesting, I was researching a recent Winter Sighting, November 2013 near Mineral Point Wisconsin, and

I found confirmation that Tamarack Bogs are also found nearby, just another probably in a sea of maybe's but it gives

me some hope I might be on to something for this area.

SSR Team

Well, Stan is not in the business of hoaxing, so whatever he found was real or simply misidentified.I have contacted him several times, firstly for my own encounter, secondly with questions. He has alwaysbeen forthright, and showed no eagerness to even post my encounter, seeing it was only a class B, he is nowlimiting what he is posting on the BFRO to the most distinct encounters. I know for a fact a lot of whatcomes to him never sees print..

Is that for me LCB ?

If it is, my cemetery post wasn't about Stan, that's not who I was with.

Not Chicago, I think it was by the Brookfield zoo, so south about 50 miles? Haven't searched, not sure if your interested in that area. It is a great thread, the guy was really smarming the BF, when he saw the tree, I think he stopped goofing around, not sure.

Ok here it is! Up for a look Lake???? :fan:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/32564-cook-county-forest-preserves-il/?hl=%2Bbrookfield+%2Billinois#entry619055

Edited by Wag

BobbyO,

Thanks much for the link to the black bear tracking report in OP.

Read it yesterday and found it informative.

It explained why I did not see any black bears this past summer while camping and backpacking in OP (I was at too low an elevation and did not reach the sub-alpine meadows).

It also explained the difficulties of using GPS wildlife trackers in areas like the OP; specially the lack of satellite detection due to heavy canopy, type of topography, and bear bedding habits.

Of interest to the BF discussion is the home range estimated for black bears in OP (averaging about 25.1 km2 for females and  68.7 km2 for males).