Deer Carcass

What peels the hide off of a deer carcass like that? Well, just about any animal looking for a meal. Nature, and the adaptations of every critter, insect and microbe in the forest assures you that each will do its specific job, do it with consumate efficiency, and nothing will go on offer.  There is tons of sunlight embodied in that carcass, and entropy does the rest.

I'm all about the existence of BF and what not. But sometimes a deer carcass is just a deer carcass.

This is not uncommon, not uncommon at all.

March 30, 2013 

Gladwin County, Michigan

Details:  After he described it to me, their earlier experience just days ago, they were all crying, saying they were never going back there again. I then got on the computer and brought up the "Patterson film" on YouTube and he said that is exactly what it looked like. I tried to get Justin to take me out there for the next week but he was so afraid, we did go in one day. I found some strange and unusual things. Then it started raining and it rained for what seemed like for three weeks straight. Everything was highly flooded, turkey season started, and I have not been able to get in there. Here is a second part to this story and possibly a very important part.  I had seen a friend of mine that lives one mile from where this took place. I had asked him if he had ever heard any strange sounds at night. Of course he said that he had heard coyotes a lot and every once in a while there is strange sounds that he could not identify. Well, I told him this story and he looked at me with a concerned look on his face and said," Well that explains it then!" He then told me that he has an old barn on his place that he very seldom ever goes intoThis barn is a regular old barn probably 75 years old. Anyways, from the backside, you can walk right into it. Well, he went out there about two years ago and just inside the barn from the back on the left side is a small 8x8 area that appears to be a small stall, maybe for a calf or something. Well, he found a large pile of carcasses and skeletons all stacked up in a pile. He thought that was somewhat weird and passed it off as a bobcat maybe doing it. There were deer, coyote, and dog, raccoon, and turkey bones there. He got his tractor, put them on the bucket, took them out to the woods, and dumped them. Well, three months later he went back and found the same thing. This happened three times in a one-year period but there has been nothing for the last year. I believe this Bigfoot was staying or living in this man’s barn.

Source: Michigan Bigfoot Information, Bob Daigle

I'm all about the existence of BF and what not. But sometimes a deer carcass is just a deer carcass.

This is not uncommon, not uncommon at all.

I think a lot of time they are BF related more time than not. I have also had a keen interest in car and deer strikes. Out of curiosity I wonder how many of those are BF related too.  Am I suggesting all car deer strikes are Bigfoot driven (no pun intended)? Absolutely not! What I am wondering how many times fleeing deer dart across roadways when spooked or chased are caused by these predators.  Just a thought ....

Edited by Gumshoeye

I think a lot of time they are BF related more time than not. I have also had a keen interest in car and deer strikes. Out of curiosity I wonder how many of those are BF related too.  Am I suggesting all car deer strikes are Bigfoot driven (no pun intended)? Absolutely not! What I am wondering how many times fleeing deer dart across roadways when spooked or chased are caused by these predators.  Just a thought ....

I would say that if BF were prominent in an area, you would not see a single deer lying on the side of the road.  I think deer roadside carcasses are a good litmus test for BF presence.

December 2011

Washtenaw County, Michigan

Details:  I have been hunting about 20 years and never heard or saw anything at the time that made me think, "hey that's a Squatch!" Nevertheless, thinking back there have been times I heard noises in the woods that could have been a Bigfoot. This past deer season, I believe it was December, I was hunting a swamp along a cornfield and rite before dark two deer came running towards me from the swamp. They looked scared and it sounded like a truck crashing through the woods. As they came within view, they were still running fast but the noise volume decreased when they got close. They hung around for about a half hour and were on high alert the entire time I watched them. I am not sure what scared them but they were definitely spooked by something. There were other nights that I heard a lot of sticks breaking and what not from that swamp and many possible knocks as well but nothing ever came into view or howled. I need to go out there to retrieve a tree stand. So while I'm there I will try a few calls and do some knocks (close to the truck of course)  I never much thought about it but my wife has been watching finding bigfoot on TV and we have both developed quite an interest in it over the past few months. 

Edited by Gumshoeye

^The description above sounds a lot like a wolf pursuit.

A pal was deer hunting and witnessed something very similar.  2 deer 'cannonballed' off a 15 ledge into a creek at full throttle.  About 2 minutes later 2 wolves came running through.  Stopped at the ledge, then sauntered off.

I would think that a BF would not actively pursue prey that close to humans.

March 30, 2013 

Gladwin County, Michigan

Details:  After he described it to me, their earlier experience just days ago, they were all crying, saying they were never going back there again. I then got on the computer and brought up the "Patterson film" on YouTube and he said that is exactly what it looked like. I tried to get Justin to take me out there for the next week but he was so afraid, we did go in one day. I found some strange and unusual things. Then it started raining and it rained for what seemed like for three weeks straight. Everything was highly flooded, turkey season started, and I have not been able to get in there. Here is a second part to this story and possibly a very important part.  I had seen a friend of mine that lives one mile from where this took place. I had asked him if he had ever heard any strange sounds at night. Of course he said that he had heard coyotes a lot and every once in a while there is strange sounds that he could not identify. Well, I told him this story and he looked at me with a concerned look on his face and said," Well that explains it then!" He then told me that he has an old barn on his place that he very seldom ever goes intoThis barn is a regular old barn probably 75 years old. Anyways, from the backside, you can walk right into it. Well, he went out there about two years ago and just inside the barn from the back on the left side is a small 8x8 area that appears to be a small stall, maybe for a calf or something. Well, he found a large pile of carcasses and skeletons all stacked up in a pile. He thought that was somewhat weird and passed it off as a bobcat maybe doing it. There were deer, coyote, and dog, raccoon, and turkey bones there. He got his tractor, put them on the bucket, took them out to the woods, and dumped them. Well, three months later he went back and found the same thing. This happened three times in a one-year period but there has been nothing for the last year. I believe this Bigfoot was staying or living in this man’s barn.

October 2005

Delta County, Michigan

Heading west on 17th Rd as I was making a left hand turn onto C Rd. A couple deer ran across the road from my right to the left so as the driver, I was fixated on not hitting the deer. At this time my passenger was looking west (right side of vehicle) and said "Holy s#!t what is that!", by the time I looked there was only a large dark upright blob already in the tree line, so I did not get a good look, but my passenger swears it was a sasquatch. He thought it was chasing the deer. Source: BFRO

Oscoda Co Mushroom hunter found 12 dead deer and 4 dead coyote…all with broken necks and the insides missing near location of footprints.

May 2004

Oscoda County, Michigan

Remember a couple of years ago when I took you and another person to show you a couple of tracks in the mud near a water hole. The place where I mushroom pick! Well today we found 12 dead deer and 4 dead coyote…all with broken necks and the insides missing. And a couple of tracks in the mud again… So now I am going out there and set up some bait and see what happens. I will take some photos tomorrow and send them to show you what they look like…. and the one deer has no head and is wedged between two trees. [Comment:  A dead deer found placed in a tree is often reported in connection with other suspected actual or suspected bigfoot activity.]

Source: Reports of Bigfoot/ Sasquatch in Michigan, B. Daigle, c3, pp 65,

Edited by Gumshoeye

I wonder why the BF would kill the coyotes.  It'd be like killing a pet.

Also, there are some theories that BF herd and keep deer, only killing when needed.  12 deer seem like a lot.

Muskegon County, Michigan

I grew up in lower MI, right on the border of Muskegon and Oceana counties about one mile off the lake. I believed there was a bigfoot in that area. I saw on one walk an animal of tall stature, peeking out from underbrush, the head between five and six feet in height from the ground and the body was hidden. On the property were many "bear dens" and other areas that could provide shelter. I also saw deer carcasses cached high in trees. I saw as well, bone pillars. Piles of bones stacked two and three feet high in a very dense area of the wood. I have heard sounds, hard breathing, but not like a buck or deer, or bear. Certainly of a large animal. During a walk after dark I was chase by an enormous creature which ran on two feet and was most definitely not human. Frequently, there was a feeling of being watched.....Also during this time period there were a lot of deer kills being attributed to wild dogs, I had no encounters with wild dogs in that area or their tracks or sign. Any time it felt like the creature was near there was a distinctive musk odor. Also some odd calls were let out before the chase in the dark....like nothing I had ever heard. This is in White River Township. I will tell you, there is more than one type of "bigfoot" living out there, the larger more reported, and a smaller not so reported. The smaller has closer to humanlike features, and resides in upper Michigan. It has the appearance of an early ape-man on the evolutionary track....I can't think of which one. This one runs...it has not got the aggressive nature of the larger, This is the one frequently confused as a human spirit in native mythology. The deer caches....it didn't make sense what could drag a full grown deer so high in a tree.

Source: BFRO

Gumshoeye, thanks for all the reports you have posted on various threads! Much appreciated. I went to check on that carcass this past weekend and it has been dragged off somewhere. When I first found it I wondered if the liver was still intact but I had no idea where it is located.

Also, there are some theories that BF herd and keep deer, only killing when needed.  12 deer seem like a lot.

young BF, lonely forest.......harem ?   ;)

I wonder why the BF would kill the coyotes.  It'd be like killing a pet.

Interesting you should say that, I was looking at some reports of that very same thing. Some people believe it is employed as a strategy or tactic in ambush or hunting. I have read one or two where a man or men felt they were themselves being herded to area they were going to allow themselves to go. How many  times have you seen that?

Edited by Gumshoeye