Injured Sasquatch Reports

Woodslore

I've never read reports of visuals of injured ones.

Read plenty of reports of less than 5 toed tracks though.

Do you think that could be a result of loosing a toe, to frostbite or injury?  Some of the supposed three toed BF in South Carolina and Florida swamps are said to be from alligators.   The forearm and three toed foot of an alligator is believed to be the culprit in a misidentification.  There have been a few examples of six toed BF.  But some people, like Maryland Monroe had that, and some of the large skeletal finds in N. America had six toes.

^^  KY - would you happen to have a BFRO report number handy for one?  Or at least the county in which it occurred? 

Not to get to far off subject but there is a report on the BFRO website of a mentally handicapped bigfoot being seen often by children who lived on a farm where an unwanted habitation was ongoing for several years with several different bigfoot. It seemed the handicapped one was often seen watching the children play and even tried to join them.

Branco did a report on this. It was posted in his thread in the In the Field Section. I will try to find a link. It's a very interesting read.

Here ya go!

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/44275-some-field-reports/page-2#entry795333

Edited by chelefoot
Fixed link
  • Upvote 2

^^

Chele, 

Link doesn't work for me - that happens at times. Even though I'm logged in, I can't go to the archives through a link.  I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a big-headed, pancake-eating Bigfoot near Crittenden, KY. 

SSR Team

Do you think that could be a result of loosing a toe, to frostbite or injury?  Some of the supposed three toed BF in South Carolina and Florida swamps are said to be from alligators.   The forearm and three toed foot of an alligator is believed to be the culprit in a misidentification.  There have been a few examples of six toed BF.  But some people, like Maryland Monroe had that, and some of the large skeletal finds in N. America had six toes.

I'd think those in FL, GA would have more chance of an injury from something/anything else rather than a Gator personally.

I think the chances of a Gator only biting a toe off would be pretty slim personally.

^^

Chele, 

Link doesn't work for me - that happens at times. Even though I'm logged in, I can't go to the archives through a link.  I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a big-headed, pancake-eating Bigfoot near Crittenden, KY.

I've read it, so I know it's available. its in Field Reports, and the thread is titled "some field reports" by Branco.

I'd think those in FL, GA would have more chance of an injury from something/anything else rather than a Gator personally.

I think the chances of a Gator only biting a toe off would be pretty slim personally.

You might have misunderstood what I was saying about alligators.  Some have tried to claim there is a three toed skunk ape in Florida due to footprint finds.  But this might not be BF footprints at all, but rather the forearm and three toed foot of an alligator being mistook for a BF footprint.  In other words it is mistaken identity, and the three toed prints were not from BF at all.

Unless the critter was injured very close to the time of the sighting I don't think we would have many reports. Some perhaps, but not many. If it is injured out in it's "home turf" I don't see it purposefully getting close to known human zones when not able to retreat quickly. We seem to universally believe that these critters are much smarter than most of the forest dwellers, and I see their behavior very much driven by risk-reward analysis.

A BF with a torn meniscus (like I am getting cut on for next week, LOL) knows it isn't up to par, and simply wouldn't see the value in going dumpster diving or whatever, but that could change...

A lone BF with a permanent disability situation might be forced to raise it's risk tolerance simply to eat. This could cause a much different scenario than the one above. I know one of the mountain lions we had here that was after my steers for a while had problem with it's right hind leg, I could see it in the way it left tracks. There is no way that cat could run down a healthy deer, so my steers were looking like an opportunity.

^^^^^

OKBFFan,

Thanks, I'll look for it when I get a chance.  Since the person had mentioned it was a BFRO report, I was hoping he had the # or county handy. 

Branco did a report on this. It was posted in his thread in the In the Field Section. I will try to find a link. It's a very interesting read.

Here ya go!

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/44275-some-field-reports/page-2#entry795333

Thanks Chele it was a report by Branco. I sure wish he would post more on here, that guy is a wealth of knowledge.

Edited by chelefoot
Fixed Link

SSR Team

You might have misunderstood what I was saying about alligators.  Some have tried to claim there is a three toed skunk ape in Florida due to footprint finds.  But this might not be BF footprints at all, but rather the forearm and three toed foot of an alligator being mistook for a BF footprint.  In other words it is mistaken identity, and the three toed prints were not from BF at all.

Ahh right sorry Jay my bad.

I agree with what you're saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone from Tennessee?  Maybe they could shed some light on what locals call, the bear man. As near as I can tell, it is described as a man-like being hairy as a bear thus the term bear-man.

Circa 1958-60

Overton County, Tennessee

Someone hears a loud scream nearly to the point that almost causes an old grandmother to have a heart attack, as the story is told by their grandchild. As the report continues they describe how their grandfather found some dead remains of an unknown creature. The grandmother notices family members heading up the hills to see what all the excitement was about when she notices something very large had destroyed a big bush near window. The carcass was found in a field.  Read the report in its entirety at GCBRO  http://www.gcbro.com/TNov011.html

In David Paulides 411 books it speaks of some small children who were missing for days and turned up alive and claimed that a bear man or a wolf man had fed them and kept them warm at night.  So, there might be some cases of sasquatches rescuing children, and like you say it's called a bear man due to a word association with a big hairy animal.