Injured Sasquatch Reports

Woodslore

I know that John Mionczynski collected a cluster of reports in an area of an orangutang colored individual with either a withered or dead arm. He recieved 3 or 4 separate reports of this creature if memory serves.

He mention these cases on the latest radio show appearance he made.

I would imagine there would be injured/disabled ones, just as there are with all other animals in nature.  I've seen several deer and elk that had survived some sort of trauma, and many that did not.  The later is the one I have issues with in regards to BF.  No dead ones, no severed arms etc. 

BFF Patron

In the predator world, the sick and injured ones are the most dangerous to humans.    When they can no longer run down a deer, then they look for easier prey like farm animals and perhaps even humans. 

In the predator world, the sick and injured ones are the most dangerous to humans.    When they can no longer run down a deer, then they look for easier prey like farm animals and perhaps even humans. 

Just wondering if this could be a reason then for seeing Sasquatches (though reports are rare from what I can find) taking chickens, and smaller livestock from farms, or even sightings and reports (again rare as they are) rummaging through garbage cans. Just a thought. 

Edited by Woodslore

I think it was SC 35, Rob Garret with his scariest encounter. Female, nearly took his head off. Subsequently discovered to have damaged foot, seemed to have an exclusive territory, so outcast probably. He tended to think it was mentally ill, and/or in constant pain from foot. (Or as consequence of that possibly) Had a relatively food rich territory, but on Lone Star Trail, near a designated camp and tried to run everyone off it. He said she was there for 15 years that he knew.

Also the Bobbie Short encounter. I am not aware of her actually documenting the event. She claimed the sasquatch was older, injured, rough looking.

There appears to be an injured BF with a limp in thinkerthunkers latest video of apparent BF stalking Buffalo  in Yellowstone.

BFF Patron

If BF society is patriarchal as has been theorized,  females and young would be at a lower level of importance as far as food distribution.  Dominant males would take their share first.    If a female was sick or injured, and could not forage for itself,  it could be in dire straights.    I have seen frequent reports of young males (apparent teenage years)  who look to be undernourished.   Younger children would be provided food by capable females, but teenage males, who might not yet be capable of catching game, would sort of be on their own.    It would be very unlikely a dominant male would share food with a potential male challenger.    And indeed in patriarchal societies of animals in the wild,  younger males are often are driven out of the tribe/ herd by dominant males.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

With BF populations being so small then can we assume that with such a tight gene pool abnormalities are more common?

Also a lifetime dedicated to hunting and gathering must take its toll on these creatures.

BFF Patron

Good point. Seems like the Midwest states with less forest cover, there are a lot of reports of 3 and 6 toed BF. Perhaps less population diversity and limited gene pools are responsible for genetic abnormalities.

SSQ -

Good point ... so I have to offer a counter-point / alternate angle.   If they are primarily bipedal, loss of a lower limb is a bigger deal than it would be for a quadruped especially if they don't build / use tools a lot.   To survive, they might have to switch to a more four-footed locomotion which could put stresses on the lower back (bigfoot chiropractors, anyone?), recognize and use natural "crutches" or actually fashion crutches, or become very heavily reliant on the group.

Pondering those options leads deeply into wondering what they really are, questions of culture or not, etc.  :)

MIB

The Bigfoot species is the only species that does not fit into the box:)

Humans typically cannot walk nor run on one leg without a crutch of some sort. Bigfoot can "walk" on all fours, so if they lose a limb they *may* be able to survive better than most other creatures, of course, a leg and an arm gone, they would be toast unless they could locate enough dead animals to survive:(  Life is hard in the wild. I feed the birds year round to make their lives a little easier, I have regular hummingbirds that summer here with me:)

Plus 1 to you when I get a point!

Good point. Seems like the Midwest states with less forest cover, there are a lot of reports of 3 and 6 toed BF. Perhaps less population diversity and limited gene pools are responsible for genetic abnormalities.

That makes total sense to me. I think you are right on the money, well done, and well presented SWWA!

Edited by SweetSusiq

There appears to be an injured BF with a limp in thinkerthunkers latest video of apparent BF stalking Buffalo  in Yellowstone.

I have seen this video. Seems more then one behind the trees but only one walks out.

Hunters, Bigfoot Dead

Tarrytown, Georgia

An eight foot creature that appeared “mangled†was spotted near this location. Which leads one to wonder what could mutilate an eight foot tall monster. Source: Weird Georgia, Jim Miles/ Gordon Strasenburgh, p47

Motorist, Car Strike BF

December 2003

Ohio 9:00P

Angela and a friend had spent all day at the hospital where Angela’s daughter had undergone surgery after visiting hours the two women set off for home. After rounding the corner, the women noticed a dead cat lying on the shoulder of the road. In the next instant, a “giant, white creature†appeared in the front of their car. The car struck the creature, bouncing up and over its body. A terrible smell overwhelmed the women, sickening them so much that they fled the scene. Upon reaching the nearest gas station, the women made an astounding discovery –the journey had taken 90 minutes too long. The dumbfounded women were certain the animal they had struck was neither a cow nor human. Angela later found white hairs on the tailpipe of the car. Source: Lisa A. Sheil 2007

Edited by Gumshoeye

BFF Patron

Missing time scares me due to the implications. I would rather believe that this report never happened.