Campsite Destroyed

Boy, I can see how misunderstandings happen here. I was just asking a question and brainstorming in the process. Will Jevning didn't say anything about sats or planes and I didn't claim he did. SWWSP also had an idea how Will got his GPS info. But in any case it's all just speculation.

Here's a screen shot of the email out of the report, which I have a copy of and will be glad to post when they figure out how to do so.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-05-02-14-18-42.jpg

Just Some Thoughts

Credit and hat tip to Big TW for the post. After a stiff hot cup of coffee this morning I am still thinking about that post. That was an awesome piece but it raises an interesting question.  Are these of farfetched coincidences? The question is not whether a statement made by two people under exigent circumstances was precise but rather how significant these things came to light only after some extraordinary revelations made by Mr. Garrett but why? Did he inadvertently and unwittingly hit a honey hole of information and details too sensitive for public consumption?

While we allow ourselves to be distracted with the Wes and Woody deal, a person (s) unknown claiming to be an insider tenders a claim suggesting Bigfoot are being tracked. It’s the kind of suspicion that is hard to prove whenever it comes into collision with our own understanding and ideas, but is nonetheless palpable each time I reread the email message. (Blink) I am still considering the possibility … and it still raises further questions. Lot's of questions.

Although it may well be true that... they may be tracked, one or two however, it is important not to overlook the original question of whether or not Mr. Garrett’s claims were accurate and nobody has suggested otherwise have they? If, for the sake of argument, we assume there were (or are) tracking Bigfoot why allow those things to destroy people? Does anyone have a duty to act in behalf of public or responsibility to advise and warn people as was suggested by Chasing Rabbits in an earlier post?

@ Shadow Born Thank you for visiting it certainly adds food for thought. 

Edited by Gumshoeye

Speculating hat on:

Perhaps the tracking is not monitored in realtime, so there is no time to warn people who are in close proximity to the creatures. On the other hand, attacks may be so vanishingly rare that authorities don't feel it necessary to warn people of their presence.

Edited by Bonehead74

I can't open the link now. Anyone else?

This one: https://word.office....esRevealed.docx

I knew I should have saved it.

The same thought went through my mind.  I had a gut feeling it would disappear (and, of course, I didn't read it in time!).  And no, I don't suspect the two guys in the office pool minivan took it down :ninja:   More likely threats of lawsuits from Wes IMHO.

Edited by chelefoot
Removed post from quote box for readability

I have two thoughts: first, Wil needs to spell check really bad.  The second is these secret government sources who seem to be popping up around Will and Sas. Chron. are almost becoming laughable.  So, the same government which freely admits an inability to apprehend every illegal alien and took years to track down the most wanted terrorist in the world, is tracking Sasquatches?  The cost would be unimaginable and the reasoning obscure and questionable at best.  Eric Rudolph was on the FBI's top ten list for 5 years, much of it seemingly hiding in the woods, and he could not be found until spotted digging in a dumpster (IIRC).  Maybe Mr. Black should've used his Bigfoot contacts to take out Rudolph!  This is all just my opinion, of course.  

I'll add, this whole affair still saddens me.  I was listening to old Sas. Chron. podcasts the other day and just really enjoy them.  They filled a true niche for those of us interested in the Big guy.

BFF Patron

No one seems to appreciate the humor in my previous post and I think some think I was serious.    Seriously,  while GPS tracking may be technically possible it would have to be some sort of implant technology because I cannot see a BF tolerating a collar around its neck.  They don't even like game cameras attached to trees and rip them down.  Also a collar would have been reported by human witnesses by now.   I am not aware of any such reports.    Implant or placement of a collar means you have to sedate a BF to do it.   No easy task.   So the likelihood of more than just a few being sedated and implanted seems very unlikely to me.   Tracking a large population seems nearly impossible because of how hard they are to locate in the first place.    Certainly airborne surveillance with military grade FLIR would help make that happen but an adult BF is not going to be an easy subject to deal with.    And implants or collars need new batteries now and then too.    So you have to keep finding, sedating, and changing out the implants or collars to maintain a population of GPS tagged BF.     If that kind of thing were being done,   I think we would be seeing a significant amount of military activity tasked to do that.      I am deep in BF country, and other than one experience with a strange helicopter operation, I have not seen anything going on like that.    A military helicopter can be heard for miles.   Ground ops are quieter but that involves vehicles for insertion and extraction, and a subject that is two or three times faster on foot than a human does not lend itself to ground locate, sedate, and tag operations.    So even ground ops would be evident and seem out of place.     And if a BF steps in front of a logging truck and is killed while wearing a GPS collar or implant,  so much for government deniability.    No body except the government GPS tags anything.     For those reasons I do not think GPS tagging of more than a few could have been done.      

• Upvote 1

Or maybe the whole Sas Chron is designed to throw water on the BF community, by piling on the BS nonsense, IE: Disinformation campaign. Maybe they are all on the Gov-payroll....lol...

BFF Patron

Or maybe the whole Sas Chron is designed to throw water on the BF community, by piling on the BS nonsense, IE: Disinformation campaign. Maybe they are all on the Gov-payroll....lol...

Maybe I am!  LOL

Aren’t the wolves collared in some areas by those with an interest to know where they go or what their range is?  LOL  Just asking … In spite of the sheer number of Bigfoots based on reports of course, I would say that is a bit of a stretch to think they are all tracked and it raises eyebrows of suspicion to the authenticity of the email. To suggest yea they were here but not there is all but admitting they exist and I cannot go there yet but I certainly believe somebody or something with limitless resources intervened in the Texas case.  

@ Johnny G, about the spell checker now, I caught that myself and wondered why an accomplished author would allow his email to read like that which only further adds to the intrigue. Personally I don't think anything is laughable or impossible. Somebody can view somebody half way around the world and see what they do, somebody can sit in the comfort and privacy of some chairman of chief's room and watch an operation develop half way around the world in real time they can and do, what is preposterous about that?  

Edited by Gumshoeye

BFF Patron

All it takes to capture a wolf is a baited cage trap. If that worked on BF it would have been done by now. People have tried that method but I think in some cases the people involved are dumber than the BF they are trying to trap.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Well I just finished reading and it appears the author is highly motivated, appears angry, determined and agenda driven but what reason. It causes me to wonder what the underlying reason. Was the author present at the time of the alleged encounter? There are a whole lot of presumptuous conclusions that it did not occur from a person that was not there. Did the author know SC guys before this incident it doesn’t say in fact there is no mission statement, no explanation for the objective goal. So what’s the point?

The author does begin the document by noting that it was up to the reader to make their own final conclusion. I did, I read the information and it’s still a bunch of circumstantial data that doesn’t point to anything but personal conclusions. Although after reading through the financial accounting I still cannot figure expenses for things like steel wool or combs but nevertheless, sorry but there is absolutely no "there" there.

Highpoints:

Document compiled April 20, 2015 - Up to the reader make their own final conclusion

Something occurred on November 16, 2012

WASRT was sent a message from SC guys detailing their encounter in the general area of "backside of Yacolt Mountain, kind of by Sunset Falls, none of that makes sense to me but as the respondent points it was general locations. To me I interpret that as not precisely.

According to the response from WASRT, I read something to the effect, "our investigation was inconclusive,: and confirmed they did in fact receive an email from SC guy (s) on November 16, 2012.  My interpretation of inconclusive doesn't presume guilt or innocence, it doesn't presume lie or not lying, it simply indicates they cannot for whatever reason (although perhaps explained later, they could not conclude that it did or did not occur.

It should be further noted that WASRT according to what I read, specifically wrote: "We are not in the business of confirming or debunking their story."

Location and GPS Coordinates - It listed the coordinates and GPS readings for Yacolt Mountain page 9

Writer concludes GPS coordinates given by SC guys do match up with Yacolt Mountain and then again concludes alleged encounter did not occur on Yacolt Mountain. 

Moon Phases page 12 - Writer concludes there was no light source provided from the moon on either dates.

Solar Flare page 13

Weather page 15

WASRT page 20 - The group travelled to the scene 15, 2012 a month after the alleged occurrence.

WASRT page 24 - The group did a recon November 2012, the scene the SC guys referred to as location being Yacolt Mountain but they acknowledged locals tend to have their own names for the smaller hills. Well then, if I call it tomato and you call it tomata who can be right? We both its red and edible but we call it differently makes sense. Where I live call geographical regions counties out east they call bouroughs down deep south call the same thing parishes and a little further east me they call it burghs who it right? Take four different peoples from different regions and start talking counties and they won't know what your talking about. So here we have admittedly an area that goes by different names dependent upon a particular locale and that is suppose to be evidence of a hoax?

The bigfoot group goes out looking for signs in the general area and the word general area is key because they didn't know for certain. They conclude they found a spot in an area of several miles that matched the description and looked for signs and found no tracks. They weren't expecting to find anything due to the excessive rain and the terrain.

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife page 27 - Writer concludes Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife received no call, email, no complaint from SC guys based on their say so. If memory serves me correctly this same agency and others like it were the subject of and bane of author D. Paulides, (Missing 411) and his complaints all throughout his writings. That is to say, when it comes to Bigfoot he get's no satisfaction, no acknowledgement, no denials, just stonewalling all while neither confirming or denying such incidents and yet, the author concludes it did not occur.

There Financial Accountings and Co-Host Interviews to end the document.

Edited by Gumshoeye

What part of that document most bothers you?

Actually WASRT seemed incredibly fair and unbiased, and non- committed either way. Although it could have had more standing if the investigation of the scene was conducted immediately afterward meaning hours not days or weeks later and only with the witness (s) were present on scene to point out exactly where it transpired. Therefore a simple communication vagary appears to be at the heart of their lack of finding more than anything else. Simply going to the general location to determine whether or not something did or did not occur just doesn't fly in an investigation.

Every effort to gain precise location of the alleged encounter should have been specifically sought after especially in light of known local geographical differences and interpretation issues. It didn’t help that different people there have different names and meanings for geographical references. Why didn’t the author begin by listing their own stated purpose for the document, their affiliation with known individuals in play and their own group association? 

When it also included a personal accounting of finances it didn't make a lick a sense and I am certain where that was leading or if it was pertinent to issue. Was it thrown in there to imply some sort of wrong doing or criminality? When an individual business owner starts a business they are required by law to file for license from the state authority and usually the owner files a letter of corporation. It can be a incorporation or a LLC, limited liability corporation as far as I aware. My experience or least in my case I had to file the paperwork along with proof of a bond. The license to do business in the state was not granted unless and until an investigation by the regulatory agency was completed.

Credit rating which seems to be the most common method of determining trustworthiness in present time seems to be a determinant factor so what was point of the financial subtitle in the document? I don't challenge the idea, I just don't get it. All of this over a Bigfoot encounter that did or did not occur? I don’t get how somebody can get from point A to Z supported by that document unless there is something else that was intentionally left out.

Edited by Gumshoeye

It's interesting how different folks perceive things different ways. Those who already have issues with the Wes and Woody story took the linked article as informative while those who really didn't have issues with the story begin to question the motive of the author of the article. That had never crossed my mind Gumshoeye. I felt the article was simply putting everything we already knew into one concise paper so that those who had questions and were late to the party could get all the answers in one stop. From what I have read on Facebook, the author was someone who was a member and supporter, who felt betrayed after learning the specifics of the sighting that did not add up.

As for the reason for the financial section, I think she (the author) put that in due to all of the complaints that are going on over on Reddit about the installation of a paid membership (which never really concerned me) and questions as to whether the "Story" was born to bolster listeners.

• Upvote 1