Campsite Destroyed

At the most basic level you trust Bob Garrett's instincts and veracity....

@CB – Hey I do not know the old fella but there are too many indicators pointing southbound on northbound bull here, and its things that do not make sense any direction you turn it that leaves me completely puzzled pointing toward somebody nefarious. Beginning with all the research and work he’s done merely staying out front and in the know about Bigfoot, his guest speaking demands and videotaping efforts and maintaining his personal web sites and Facebook account and his personal life. Nobody heard of this man as a hoaxer until he claims he observed something.

To protect himself he decides to go public and alerts SC podcast radio giving them a heads up and they Wes and brother have him introduced as a special guest and the greater Bigfoot audience hears about this event for the first time. He learns that was small potatoes compared to the things happening around him intentionally created to induce fear and stress and give up and submit to their wish which is I believe, leave this topic alone.

Nothing seemed problematic until he announces a video of something we probably knew but didn’t dare to ask. I listened to the audio and watched the video. I noticed nervousness in his actions and the tenor and voice inflections hinted of stress.  

I don't anything about veracity but if somebody doesn't speak for Bob, who will speak for you when something like that occurs to you?

Gum

Good break down on the events.

However, I would contend that Bob Garret does not have any documented encounters, unless you consider his anecdotes as a form of documentation. I would consider a documented encounter something that includes proof. Otherwise, it's just an unverified report, like the thousands of sighting reports we read.

Anything Bob says, regarding this event,  can't be taken as fact, simply because of the sensationalistic nature of his recent reports and his association with SC and a possible new TV show. As I mentioned earlier, this sounds like a viral marketing campaign to me.

Here's a question for anybody that may know the answer and may be an important piece of info: What happened to the spent 45 casings that were found all around the camp ground? I remember hearing about this on SC but don't recall seeing the casings in any of the videos...

Hello Cisco, good to see you back. You would contend that Bob Garrett does not have any documented encounters, if it were correct does it somehow negate his experience or mean his observation is less meaningless than yours or mine? I’m just wondering. Let’s reverse that a minute, he can easily contend you know nothing of the sort simply on the basis you lack demonstrable proof of what he knows or doesn’t know or sees or what didn’t see because you were not there. See what I am saying?  

Guest Divergent1

Neither were you, so whether you believe the incident happened, or not, as the case might be, what difference does it make? Forty-eight pages into this thread and I guess I've missed the point. All we have is a story.

Guest OntarioSquatch

This was never meant to be anything more than a fictional story for entertainment purposes. To treat it as if there's something more to it, would be a mistake. There's too much pointing towards a hoax.

Guest Divergent1

Let’s reverse that a minute, he can easily contend you know nothing of the sort simply on the basis you lack demonstrable proof of what he knows or doesn’t know or sees or what didn’t see because you were not there. See what I am saying?  

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? See what I'm saying?

Gum, I'm sure you could care less about my opinion but I held you in higher esteem than most folks on this forum. What I can't understand is how someone who seems to be highly intelligent, and a retired investigator at that, can't see this for what it is. Why is this story more convincing to you than any other story on here?

Well dang!  I had a large response written yesterday with multiple quotes and in between starting and finishing the thread was locked.  I lost it all.  I can't remember it all.  Anyway, I'd like to say my last post was mainly pointing out there would be a large number of witnesses and it would be hard to keep word of a rampaging Sasquatch or bodies in trees from getting out.  The feds don't control locals, I've seen it from both sides.

It appears Garrett has a long history of researching BF.  He claims it anyway.  Even though I can't buy into the cover-up stuff, he is very believable.  He sounds very sincere and I also detect some hint of nervousness in his voice in the video.  He really seems like a good old boy.  I just can't make sense of the whole affair.  is there a grain of truth?  

Let’s reverse that a minute, he can easily contend you know nothing of the sort simply on the basis you lack demonstrable proof of what he knows or doesn’t know or sees or what didn’t see because you were not there. See what I am saying?

This can go with any Bigfoot sighting, No one knows for sure what happen at that camp site. But we can discuss it. 

I just do not agree with that this is Bigfoot related. If it was, then why were they Bob and his son not attacked. If this was a rampage by a menacing animal, then why did it not attack again. You have eye shine, you see markings of trees, and you even have movement in the brush.  But again why no attack from the same animal or creature. 

You know the only time I ever felt like I might die was my first two up close encounters. Yet here I am writing on this board and still Alive,alive. hooya

All I know is that we cannot go and call our officers incompetent no matter what situation. If the police never made it out there so what. Maybe it was not as urgent at it seemed when they so called made a 911 call.

I live in Detroit and the police here are doing a great job for what they are being asked to do. I believe that all calls here in Detroit get prioritize. So maybe what happened at this camp site was not as urgent as it seemed. 

If he Bob was a researcher of these creatures he would know the truth. He would have discovered that these creatures are not aggressive but curious. They have questions about us as we have about them. They might think us as odd but to us they are scary. It is that fear that has been installed into us that makes them scary. Believe me they do not know better and they are like children. But until I see some one get eaten or I, then I will believe that they are cannibalistic.

Gum

You are doing a great job with this camp site thing. Believe me if they were cannibal's I would have shot one a long time ago. 

Guest Divergent1

And there are people in this world that can look you straight in the eye, with quivering lips, slinging snot and tears, and bald face lie to you also. I don't think we are supposed to discuss researchers that are also members here but I think most of you can think of one or two researchers that made youtube videos that did just that.

And one more thought about this, what makes someone an expert on bigfoot? And why would that color your perception about their veracity? IMO the more extreme the claim, the less likely it is to be real, however, I've been in that position before so it doesn't always hold true. The only difference between me and them is the money one can generate from a site that feeds that interest in the extreme claims.

BFF Patron

Forgot in all this is SASCHRON actively advertised for stories.  I have never had another tech show/blogtalk show on BF spam me with requests for such.

Fishing expeditions frequently catch fish.  Sometimes those fish are Asian carp .  Sometimes they jump in your boat whether you have a line wet or not. Sometimes they knock you out.  Sometimes it's just all about the ride, facts be damned.   True invasives or false positives? Whatever your point of view

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Neither were you, so whether you believe the incident happened, or not, as the case might be, what difference does it make? Forty-eight pages into this thread and I guess I've missed the point. All we have is a story.

Yes that’s true for me too, so what’s your point?

Forgot in all this is SASCHRON actively advertised for stories.  I have never had another tech show/blogtalk show on BF spam me with requests for such.

Fishing expeditions frequently catch fish.  Sometimes those fish are Asian carp .  Sometimes they jump in your boat whether you have a line wet or not. Sometimes they knock you out.  Sometimes it's just all about the ride, facts be damned.   True invasives or false positives? Whatever your point of view

@ Biped – It’s a good analogy with humor thanks.  I get your point with the fishing expedition it sort keeps the hook in your mouth from start to finish. So let’s fish fry this topic and have a discussion.  I appreciate your participation and acknowledge your presence with respect.  I think the argument you make and a whole lot others here is sensible and raises some interesting and practical thoughts, so let me ask, how do you see this Bob Garrett Campsite Site Destroyed thread not similar to your Black Ops thread?

Since we are discussing campground site destroyed and alternately the SC being that it sort of sprouted after the Garrett event, let me say I am not making the captious objection that something odd had not occurred from which there are no concrete answers and I'm not trying to be dismissive in saying nobody can definitively say what Garrett observed is a hoax, because none of us here were there alongside as witnesses.

The fact that I'm unwilling to set aside all this time and logic and dismiss the epic unbelievably run of bad luck Garrett underwent followed by a great choreography of anomalous built-in coincidences and call it something other than what is acceptable popular belief should establish my displeasure to  deliberately argue positions for the exercise of it. For some nothing was left to guessing and is a straight forward beginning to ending. For me it’s quite the opposite, the tale unfolds over the course of only several days and I was immediately drawn into the story of Bob Garrett as told from different sides of the coin like it. To my eye it's obvious.

BFF Patron

GSE, I enjoy a good debate as well as any other.  Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire.  You obviously tried to smoke something out with the Garrett thread, I openly attempted same with the Black Ops thread.  There is just so much to many of these polarizing BF stories that to not get all points of view invited and uncover stuff is as bad as patently just sticking your head in the sand like some of our skeptics and say the **** things went extinct 15 years ago.  Saves them the investment of time and energy to deal with threads like ours, capiche?  

Anyhoo, I see Finding Bigfoot "rave" written all over this Garrett story, little else.  Good fun, wildly swinging flashlights with no focus on anything long enough to gain any perspective.   

As to my thread, there are several peculiar events in Bigfootology that started a trend.  Bigfoot killed by a downed tree in Oregon in the 1980's and body pinned......  forest service investigated, what became of it.   Witnesses including helicopter pilots and pilots family stating removal of BF bodies occurred on MSH after 1980 eruption, Batlle Mountain Fire Complex in Nevada resulted in severely burned sasquatch retrieved and administered aid.  

I could go on and on about black ops adventures and stories.  One of these days, the Project Bluebook of BF WILL hit the mat.  Whether any of us are alive to rejoice in that day is beyond my pay grade.  No harm in trying to grease the skids in advance of that moment  is my motto.  Carry on. 

Edited by bipedalist

GSE, I enjoy a good debate as well as any other.  Sometimes where there is smoke there is fire.  You obviously tried to smoke something out with the Garrett thread, I openly attempted same with the Black Ops thread.  There is just so much to many of these polarizing BF stories that to not get all points of view invited and uncover stuff is as bad as patently just sticking your head in the sand like some of our skeptics and say the **** things went extinct 15 years ago.  Saves them the investment of time and energy to deal with threads like ours, capiche?  

Anyhoo, I see Finding Bigfoot "rave" written all over this Garrett story, little else.  Good fun, wildly swinging flashlights with no focus on anything long enough to gain any perspective.   

As to my thread, there are several peculiar events in Bigfootology that started a trend.  Bigfoot killed by a downed tree in Oregon in the 1980's and body pinned......  forest service investigated, what became of it.   Witnesses including helicopter pilots and pilots family stating removal of BF bodies occurred on MSH after 1980 eruption, Batlle Mountain Fire Complex in Nevada resulted in severely burned sasquatch retrieved and administered aid.  

I could go on and on about black ops adventures and stories.  One of these days, the Project Bluebook of BF WILL hit the mat.  Whether any of us are alive to rejoice in that day is beyond my pay grade.  No harm in trying to grease the skids in advance of that moment  is my motto.  Carry on. 

@Biped –  Bingo! Absolutely right on the money there and you picked up on it. There it is people ... You knew it all along? Thank you my friend, thank you for recognizing that and sharing it openly with the readers that’s exactly true. Very good post Biped …. You did a good job summarizing the wonderful world of Bigfoot and the shadowy side of unearthing things that is obviously not easily given up. I hope you stop in on this thread often but you also share more of your thoughts and wisdom in all the threads I really do. Remarkable!

I’ve always been curious to know but had no method to measure it by but from your vantage point of time and experience do you think members from an earlier period were any more or less aware of the Bigfoot realities and the government and corporate entities than say more present day members?  

If the truly interested and curious would only connect the dots from thread to thread like a string of lights they would either be amazed, surprised or angry with their findings. Nevertheless, there are obstacles and bumps all along the road of Bigfotology and the closer you get the more bumpy it seems and the more hazardous your ride becomes also.  I’ve read your posts and followed them unnoticed and I’d say you’re closer to the truth on a lot of accounts.

Once again, I am extremely pleased we connected and there is no doubt in my mind you understand much more than can be reduced down into a few words all respect and hat tip to you my friend.

Well dang!  I had a large response written yesterday with multiple quotes and in between starting and finishing the thread was locked.  I lost it all.  I can't remember it all.  Anyway, I'd like to say my last post was mainly pointing out there would be a large number of witnesses and it would be hard to keep word of a rampaging Sasquatch or bodies in trees from getting out.  The feds don't control locals, I've seen it from both sides.

It appears Garrett has a long history of researching BF.  He claims it anyway.  Even though I can't buy into the cover-up stuff, he is very believable.  He sounds very sincere and I also detect some hint of nervousness in his voice in the video.  He really seems like a good old boy.  I just can't make sense of the whole affair.  is there a grain of truth?  

Ditto here, the exact same manner and for the exact same reason.

Way back when researchers used to come here, one of them told me a story. His cousin was a paramedic on a hospital helicopter & had told him the story, because he knew of the researcher's interest in BF.

The helicopter had been called out to pick up the victim of a "hunting accident" down in the river bottom one Friday night. The cousin said that when he saw the victim, his head had been twisted 180° & he was quite dead. He had been found lying on his stomach, but looking straight up. The rescue team that had brought him out said that there was a lot of blood, but none of it appeared to be from the victim.

The story his friends told was that they had gathered in camp for a hog hunt, earlier in the day. They had sat around BS'ing & drinking beer until the victim had noticed that it was getting late. He said he was going to get a hog & left in his boat, going up river. A while later, (I think it was dark by then), the others realized that he should be back, so some of them went looking for him. About a mile up the river, they found his boat with his rifle in it. Not far from the river, they found the dead hunter. The rifle had been fired & the pistol that he had with him had been emptied, but whatever he had shot was gone.

His cause of death was listed as a broken neck from a hunting accident & that was the end of it.

A few years later, I met "someone" that knew the rest of the story. But that is for the Paranormal Section.

A lot of people knew the details of his death, but it didn't take much for it to be "covered up".