Campsite Destroyed

Diana

I'm a little confused as to the body because I went back and checked SC episodes, reports filed by Bob Garret as well as subsequent interviews. Nobody has claimed there was a body in the tree or anywhere else for that matter.

Where did you read about the bodies or did you hear this in one of the Garret interviews?

Please share the link or point me in the right direction so I can get more info.

Gum

As always, thanks for your observations. Why do you think this event has garnered do much interest from the Feds? Especially in light of publications from Paulides that document many unsolved cases of people; where BF may have been involved. Not to mention other researchers that have reported close encounters.

I did get out of the videos that Garrett was somewhat familiar with the area and it was the reason he and his son were there, to do some research in the area. So we can give him that...

On SC, I believe Garrett stated this location was an area he regularly researched.  I think he used the term BF "corridor" IIRC. 

Remember guys, this is the Sam Houston National Forest, not the Big Thicket.  Just so we don't get confused.  Of interest is that area was suffering from a multi-year drought around the time of this event.  The SHNF website even had a warning posted about trees dying and falling creating hazardous conditions. 

Here's a link to Bob Garrett talking on SC.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-government-just-shutdown-bigfoot.html

His part starts at about 32 min. and runs to the end. At 52 min he starts talking about the torn up campsite. The problem is throughout the program they were discussing other similar campsites found, human bones found (not related to these campsites), serial killers, etc. It all ended up getting lumped together when talking about this specific site even though very little of any of it was related to this site.

He does mention other camping gear, not recorded in either video and after the fact. No mention of gear found in lake. Bodies being dragged toward the lake was just speculation on his part. And any mention of bodies at all was because of supposed reports of 2 people missing. In other words all speculation and hearsay!

In his own words, it was not a crime scene cleanup. Just your typical garbage cleanup.

The tracks being bigfoot tracks was discussed also in the interview. But, in both videos at the time of the recordings he said they were inconclusive.

This site may be considered remote, but in his own words, he informs us that people launch their canoes there. It's a popular campsite to be close to the lake.

He also notes that people may have been scared away from their campsites by bigfoot in the area. Maybe so maybe not. Have any of those people been interviewed?

I have dug deep enough. There is nothing of any consequence here. The conclusions are based on speculation, misinterpretation, hearsay and embellishments.

• Upvote 2

I find it harder to listen to this stuff anymore. Dogman Radio with Vic is about all I do now, and that stuff is getting to me. Wes is making good $ with his show, so I imagine he will milk it as long as he can. They stated they get tons of emails with scary squatch encounters. No 'Mr. Black' is going to dent the show, without Will? to chime it, as he gave it credibility.

Last SC was pretty medium rare, if they start off badly, I can't listen through the whole show any more.

And any scary squatch stories are going to be a RED FLAG from now on.

Even the last guy, who says a boulder landed in front of him, causing him to wipe out....of 4 or 5 squatch encounters...eh.....

I have dug deep enough. There is nothing of any consequence here. The conclusions are based on speculation, misinterpretation, hearsay and embellishments

Like I said " no Bigfoot encounter at all" Nor was it some murder scene. Come on every one knows that Bigfoot is not going to leave a trace of his actions  :o

Diana

I'm a little confused as to the body because I went back and checked SC episodes, reports filed by Bob Garret as well as subsequent interviews. Nobody has claimed there was a body in the tree or anywhere else for that matter.

Where did you read about the bodies or did you hear this in one of the Garret interviews?

Please share the link or point me in the right direction so I can get more info.

Gum

As always, thanks for your observations. Why do you think this event has garnered do much interest from the Feds? Especially in light of publications from Paulides that document many unsolved cases of people; where BF may have been involved. Not to mention other researchers that have reported close encounters.

You’re very welcome Cisco. I think you’ll find some answers to your question in one of the many threads on the general discussion board today. One in particular I noticed was the Black Ops Extermination …   Maybe the answer is because people are thinking it; I cannot take ownership of that. I simply discuss what people are talking about without honey and sugar frosting.

I believe the Garrett event has garnered a lot of discussion because it was good entertainment, no matter which point of view you chose I don’t doubt that for a moment, but I also believe it’s a thought difficult to grasp. In in a lot ways the mere thought of something like that occurring in the 21st century is too much to consider for some and the y become defensive and lash out.

Relative to David Paulides and his books, I have read two of them more than twice each a little more carefully than the previous.  A few of them describe in vivid detail how some of these people are found and usually in locations exactly in places you would associate with Bigfoot if you spent time on this forum or reading material on the topic. Then some I read and question whether or not it was family connected such as ex-boyfriend or ex-spouse but I just don’t know. One of them I read in his books was a missing woman from Washington, who was discovered by a search and rescue team (SAR) with several large suspected Bigfoot tracks all around them. If recall correctly she was believed last seen in his company of a national serial killer and never seen again until her discovery.  Still there are others describing human bones pulverized and clothing pulled off but not torn and that sort of thing is enough chill anyone to the bone.  

We don’t want to believe this occurs and yet, Paulides was not the first to break the ice on this type of reporting either.

Hunters, Dead Bigfoot Attack

Portlock, Alaska

Teacher and his wife at English Bay stated hunters from Portlock sometimes failed to return. In 1949 several hunters were found mutilated. Giant man-like tracks, 18 inches reported closing in on moose tracks and signs of a struggle. Then only deeper man-like tracks heading for higher mountains. Village was abandoned in 1949, residents were afraid to talk about the incidents such as above.

Source: John Green & Anchorage Daily News, April 15, 1973

Camping, Missing, LEO, Other Governmental Body Parts Found

1979 September 9

Camp Curry, California

Carol Laughlin, (19) The NPS would not send me the press releases they made regarding Carol’s disappearance. I did find one article in the Merced Sun dated May 2, 1980, titled, “Body of Park Employee is Discovered.†The article stated that the body of Carol Laughlin was discovered by two men descending Casteneda Wall near Big Oak Flat Road. The article stated that the NPS was conducting an investigation, and they added that Carol was an employee at the Curry Village Gift Shop. Carol lived in tent#51 in Curry Camp #6. Friends of Carol stated that she was very responsible and would not have left without proper notifications. The chief law enforcement officer at Yosemite at the time was Lee Shackelton. Lee was completely stumped as to what happened to Carol and eventually turned to San Francisco psychic Kathleen Rhea for some direction. On April 28, 1980, two climbers took a paper bag to the Yosmite visitor’s center and placed a human skull on the counter. The climbers stated that they had found the skull above Cookie Cliff and the rest of the remains and clothes still lay on the granite in that area. Ranger Norm Hinson and **** Martin were taken to the site by the climbers.

Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, p 139-p141

Hunting, Missing, LEO, Other Governmental Body Found, *Torn, Dragged, in Snow

1896 November 7

Flathead Mountains, Montana

Alexis Bork (unknown) was a preacher, and he had gone with a hunting party pn Novembe 5 to Flathead Mountain outside of Troy, Montana. He went hunting with a group pn Thursday and returned, but he went again alone on Saturday and did not return. On Sunday a search team was organized to locate Reverend Bork. Here is what the article stated: “ Several miles from the camp the searchers found blood on the snow and later come to a place where it was evident that a terrible struggle had taken place. A trail in the snow led some distance to a point where the body of the young minister was found mangled, torn and frozen. It was evident that Bork had been attacked and overcome by some animal, which afterward dragged the body to the spot where it was found.†

Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, p276-277

Like I said " no Bigfoot encounter at all" Nor was it some murder scene. Come on every one knows that Bigfoot is not going to leave a trace of his actions  :o

@ Shadow Born – Thanks your absolutely correct everyone knows that.  As I said no sugar coating just saying what others report and Paulides wasn't the first to report it.

Camper, Abduction, LEO

November 1985

Nome, Alaska

Supposedly a local pilot and his newly wed wife were en route to Anchorage were they would make connections for their honeymoon. The weather turned sour so he touched down in a Cessna 180 or 185 on floats. He taxied to shore where he and his wife looked for a spot to pitch their tent for the night. Having found one he turned toward the plane to fetch the tent with his wife following him. He heard his wife scream and turned to see a hairy biped running from the location towards the woods with his wife under one arm. The pilot chased after the critter before realizing that he could best stop it with a firearm and returned to the plane to fetch his rifle. He followed, seeing them three times before he lost sight of them. He found a particle of cloth from his wife’s garment. He either spent the night in his tent and looked the next day or flew to Anchorage and reported the event to the Alaska State Troopers who began a search but were unable to come up with any positive results. The wife was never found and the pilot was reportedly distraught and a “basket case†for years.

Source: Larry Kaniut, Alaska, July 2007 in Bigfoot Encounters

Hiking, Missing, LEO, Other Governmental Bones Found

1990 September 14

Lower Yosemite Falls, Yosemite National Park, California

Unidentified Bones A human jaw bone was found set atop a rock next to a trail. The mandible was collected, but the identity of the victim was unable to be made.

Missing 411, Western United States and Canada, David Paulides, p159

Camper, Missing

Cultus Lake, British Columbia

Man and his newlywed wife disappear from cabin and never heard from again. Searchers find door to cabin open, fire prepared, plates on the table and giant footprints found all around outside the cabin. http://www.sasquatchcanada.com/uploads/9/4/5/1/945132/british_columbia-sasquatch-sighting-reports.pdf

Motorist, Attack,  LEO

Jefferson County, Oklahoma

This is from the Police files of this area. It was told to me by an older ex-police officer, who served before my time there. Anyway here’s the story. A man from out of town came to visit his girlfriend. She was married so they were having to sneak around to see each other. They went down a country road and parked and got out of the vehicle and was in the edge woods in the process of attempting to make love. They were startled by loud screams and crashing through the woods. The Italian term for this is “Xxxxtx Xxxxx,†in other words they were rudely interrupted while in their throws of heated passion. They jumped up leaving their clothes behind. The woman was on her menstrual cycle and I figure this what drove the creature to as it did? Anyway, they ram and jumped in the car and drove and drove down the road, not in any big hurry as they felt safe, now in their vehicle. They came to a stop sign a quarter of a mile down the road and stopped. The creature was there also and crashed through the passenger window and reached across the woman and grabbed the man by his throat. The woman went hysterical but managed to stomp her foot on the gas to get out of there. The creature ripped the throat of the man killing him. The woman had enough composure to get to her families house who took her to the hospital and called the police to investigate. She never fully recovered, and died less than a month later from the trauma she endured from the incident. Hair samples were gathered from the vehicle and should still be in evidence room at the police department. The incident was ruled an “unknown homicide†and the books was closed on it.

GCBRO  http://gcbro.com/OKjef001.htm

Here's a link to Bob Garrett talking on SC.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-government-just-shutdown-bigfoot.html

His part starts at about 32 min. and runs to the end. At 52 min he starts talking about the torn up campsite. The problem is throughout the program they were discussing other similar campsites found, human bones found (not related to these campsites), serial killers, etc. It all ended up getting lumped together when talking about this specific site even though very little of any of it was related to this site.

He does mention other camping gear, not recorded in either video and after the fact. No mention of gear found in lake. Bodies being dragged toward the lake was just speculation on his part. And any mention of bodies at all was because of supposed reports of 2 people missing. In other words all speculation and hearsay!

In his own words, it was not a crime scene cleanup. Just your typical garbage cleanup.

The tracks being bigfoot tracks was discussed also in the interview. But, in both videos at the time of the recordings he said they were inconclusive.

This site may be considered remote, but in his own words, he informs us that people launch their canoes there. It's a popular campsite to be close to the lake.

He also notes that people may have been scared away from their campsites by bigfoot in the area. Maybe so maybe not. Have any of those people been interviewed?

I have dug deep enough. There is nothing of any consequence here. The conclusions are based on speculation, misinterpretation, hearsay and embellishments.

@BTW – I agree, you dug deep enough it’s completely a speculation and embellished hearsay. All these thousands of people running around the country reporting things all over and all of them, every single soul are doings so for the entertainment of others …  It's all just swamp gas they're seeing.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Gumshoeye, not sure if the lashing out part was aimed at me. But I feel each report has to stand on it's own merits. Just because this report of Garrett's doesn't stand up under scrutiny doesn't mean his or others reports won't stand up.

Garrett's report can be easily explained through the usual causes. There is no conclusive evidence to say otherwise. However, that being said, I spend a lot of time in the outdoors so I know when things don't add up. You gave an interesting list of reports and I am very interested in Paulides research into missing persons. A lot of what he reports just doesn't add up to your everyday causes.

Sorry, didn't see your edits Gumshoeye. Thanks for the clarification on your interpretation!

Gumshoeye, not sure if the lashing out part was aimed at me. But I feel each report has to stand on it's own merits. Just because this report of Garrett's doesn't stand up under scrutiny doesn't mean his or others reports won't stand up.

Garrett's report can be easily explained through the usual causes. There is no conclusive evidence to say otherwise. However, that being said, I spend a lot of time in the outdoors so I know when things don't add up. You gave an interesting list of reports and I am very interested in Paulides research into missing persons. A lot of what he reports just doesn't add up to your everyday causes.

Sorry, didn't see your edits Gumshoeye. Thanks for the clarification on your interpretation!

No, no the term lashing out was not directed at you my friend, it was a general statement encompassing media, the ridicule inside and outside of the Bigfoot community and the public at large. I’m just enjoying the conversation …

In so far as the Paulides books go, I read some accounts where I scratched my head wondering how they would find a way in a book like that but I didn’t write it so, I can’t really say. Now others made me consider foul play of the human kind and still others raised a curious eye and those were the type that I isolated but as you can see he broke no head waters in that reporting either. That suspicion suggesting a Bigfoot connection has been out there and reported for a very long time but to my knowledge nobody has ever attempted to broadcast it as the Garrett event.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Thanks Gumshoeye. It did make me look deeper than I normally would have. I'm not to interested in the sensational, which seems to be the norm for our society today. But, as noted in your reports above, sensational, unexplainable things do occur at times. I especially pay closer attention to those older reports when sasquatch wasn't the fad it is today. And to think, back then there wasn't even a name for it except Wildman.

Thanks.

Good morning people,

Out of courtesy I wanted to share something that has given me cause to reconsider what I believed plausible specific to the Garrett incident and wanted you guys to know. As many of you know I retired in 2012. In the course of my tenure I met a lot of people and networked some and still know a few well sourced people highly respected and well thought of and I should reach out and ask them as well. There is no doubt they monitor Bigfoot happenings and news and probably read Gumshoeye’s comments too, Lol.  

Moving on now, this Garrett event has indeed generated a lot of discussion and thought. Typically whenever I would investigate something I would read it, turn it and look at it from different angles, leave it sit come back to it with a fresh mind and knead as it were pizza dough. When I latch onto to something, I will not let it go.

My intent and goal is to solve things, resolve things if I can without leaving things undone.  I want to be sure as I am certain about matters that I defend or state. To me personally honesty and clarity are the most valued virtues a person can attain and friendships are way up high that list as well and that is why I thought you guys should be the first to know. 

Just to be clear, this does not in any shape or form change my opinion of Bigfootery or my positions of the thing.  I might receive some rubbing for it but I trust and respect the source and in the most humanly way possible lay it out in this manner.  Therefore, Sunday, (Mother’s Day) before doing what I do on Sunday morning I sent a quick a message off asking for some objective opinion on the Garrett event and a few hours later I received this:

[My name redacted]

Thanks for the support, much appreciated!!

â€œWe did look at the Garrett video and believe it's either a hoax or its absolutely nothing. If the sheriff's office or local police departments thought the information was valuable, or, had a local missing person case, or, a family of a missing person was from the area or heard about the story, we'd hear about it. There isn't one agency in the area that has an ounce of interest. News agencies in the area of no interest. Thanks allot for reaching out!!†

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest ChasingRabbits

A question arose upthread  intimated that the cops didn't have a reason to investigate this "torn up camp" that night. Here's a reason from 2013 which is the same year Garrett found this camp:

http://www.fbi.gov/houston/press-releases/2014/two-set-to-appear-in-federal-court-on-charges-of-murder-on-federal-land

(please note which Federal agency has jurisdiction for investigating crimes in the SHNF and other federal lands/territories. Hint: it's not DOI or NPS.  It's not even the local Texas law enforcement agencies.)

Here's a reason from 2010:

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/84386092.html

Based on that, it's really hard for me that law enforcement wouldn't think a destroyed, abandoned campsite in the middle of the woods isn't urgent . And if they do blow off reports, someone(s) should be looking for new employment because as a taxpayer, I don't want my taxes paying salaries, medical/retirement benefits to incompetents.

I'll keep writing this over and over again, the issue of BigFoot muddies the Garrett case.

I listened to part of last Sunday's SC episode, last night, and as Diana had mentioned, it sounds like Wes is insinuating he has a new opportunity coming up.

Wes is looking for witnesses to recount their experience on video and possibly join him and Garret on some expeditions. It sounds like he's aiming for his own TV show or YouTube broadcast.

My respects to Wes as a promoter and entrepreneur. It's not easy to start a new podcast and website, then grow it and build up a good size audience.

However, it's a reminder that Wes is motivated more by success than he is by helping witnesses deal with their encounters. Part, if not much, of his shows success has been driven by the sensationalistic nature of his reports and his guests. He does not discuss your average "run of the mill" stories where a Sasquatch crossed a road. His stories focus on violent and terrifying encounters. Which, as Wes fully knows, is what most people want to hear about.

This scandal involving his sighting and Garret's claims, will have very little to no effect on his future. Possible sponsors are not going to care about the opinion of the Bigfoot community. They just care about mainstream opinion and they're the ones that demand a constant stream of death and terror.

In fact, I'm starting to get the feeling that we've all been played by Wes and Bob Garret. They've proven they can create a lot of buzz and grass roots publicity. Garret is tied to Wes and I think he's also part of the plan. Garret has now become Wes' "man in the field" and I think that's the role he'll play on any up and coming TV show.

It's no surprise that after 25 years plus of looking into Bigfoot, Garret would like a taste of some of the fame and fortune, now associated with Bigfoot. He's tied himself to the right man and losing credibility in the Bigfoot community is a very small price to pay for future wealth and fame.

This whole campground fiasco has really been a very effective piece of viral marketing. That's the only conspiracy that's going on with this.

• Upvote 1