Campsite Destroyed

Dead men tell no tales meaning there would be no Corpus delecti or body for evidence or crime if the subject is consumed or deceased thus cannot explain his own or her demise.

Have no crimes of this supposed nature ever been solved?

Corpus delecti -  Latin word meaning body f crime.

I'm aware of the translation. The definition is more instructive. Corpus delicti- a term referring to the principle that a crime must have been proven to have occurred before a person can be convicted of committing that crime.

In this context, I am pointing out that no one has been able to demonstrate that an actual "crime" was committed.

What if they know that, and act accordingly.

Then I guess we're at an impasse.

Edited by Bonehead74

Here's a link to a written account of the link Wag posted.

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/stories/inyo_county.htm

The campsite being destroyed is a 3rd hand account and it occurred in the mid to late 70's. It is admitted in the report that no verification was done. The interview of a Rich Grumley occurred on 25 Oct 1999. His report is second hand.

At the core the issue of the release of information and that’s not forthcoming. Whenever these reports surface whether first hand, second hand account and third hand account, it’s better than or no count at all since the people are not in control of information. Every time an individual raises the specter of something highly unusual they are met with stiff resistance so why bother?

If and when a body is discovered under strange and infrequent circumstances the usual normal for some unknown somebodies to throw down a veil of hush over everything and everybody yes, and including local law enforcement.

The fallacy that any man or woman can be master of their own fate especially in the wild is nothing less than sobering and a good dose of reality, as apparently some unfortunates can attest and these jarring repetitive social shocks from these reports bare testament of that. So when we read them they serve as learning moments for us all and we should be grateful to hear about them at all.

I am not familiar with the precise location of where this camp was supposed to be, but from my experience, if it were just a rural, unincorporated area of a county you might only have a sheriff's deputy or two respond and conduct a cursory search. If they didn't find anything to suggest foul play, they might quickly go back in service and clear the area.

If it were the Feds at any level, anything is possible!!

With that said, camp sites can and do get trashed from things besides a Bigfoot.

I am not familiar with the precise location of where this camp was supposed to be, but from my experience, if it were just a rural, unincorporated area of a county you might only have a sheriff's deputy or two respond and conduct a cursory search. If they didn't find anything to suggest foul play, they might quickly go back in service and clear the area.

With that said, camp sites can and do get trashed from things besides a Bigfoot.

Well put Midnight Owl, in so far as campsite destruction is concerned there are lots of ways not mentioned besides Bigfoot that it can occur. That's true it can get might lonely out there working a county stretch at night, but it were Feds anything is possible.   

Due to the fact that information appears to be kept from the public regarding Bigfoot, this incident or similar cases are only heard of in leaks if at all. If it weren’t for second hand or third hand accounts there would be no known information of Bigfoot because nobody would be the wiser in my estimation.

None of that would is necessary if truth were known and you were told straight up right up-front about these creatures something like “Oh yeah, we knew about these for a long time but we didn't alarm the public. We don’t quite know or understand what they are but they do exist and some of these of things are out there. They are for the most part shy and curious creatures but they have been known to very be extremely lethal. We caution the public to not disturb them and leave them be. If you should have contact with them leave the area immediately," or something along that order.

I think what we’re learning here is that despite threats and intimidation people are still willing to risk jail or imprisonment by leaking bits and pieces of the reality of these creatures as warning to others because we’re not getting the honest truth about them. Be grateful and thankful for the few who are willing in spite of all the risks to tell their story because we not getting it anywhere else. The only media available to the people are You Tube and very small podcast programs and forums such as this as a means of releasing the information and that is the crying shame of it all.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest ChasingRabbits

It was in the Sam Houston National Forest, which is Federal property and under the jurisdiction of Federal law enforcement agencies.

It was in the Sam Houston National Forest, which is Federal property and under the jurisdiction of Federal law enforcement agencies.

Morning CR, as opposed to local jurisdiction? The Owl would be individual to answer that question without any doubts.

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest ChasingRabbits

If it happens on Federal property, the case gets turned over to the Feds and it's the discretion of the Feds to pursue or to drop it.

Its my understanding that local police or sheriffs offices are "deputized" and asked to handle crime scenes in specific regions, where a national park may be located, as the NPS lacks the resources to fully investigate and handle crime scenes. The NPS has jurisdiction and they're the ones that choose who and how things are handled. I'm also assuming there are exceptions for things such as terrorism or kidnappings.

That sounds about right. Your sources are correct as far I know Cisco. The term we used was federalized though.

Not checked in for a while but see we are no further forward.

Gum continues to personally answer and address every post to string this long dead matter out for as long as concievably possible. Not seen anyone singlehandedly administer a thread on here in such a manner in such a long time. Especially one where no new information has been brought to the table for months.....

Just what am I missing here? We have incredible claims believed and defended by a few well meaning folks. Whilst the more discerning pick through the bones looking for just a sliver of validity. We've all been here a thousand times before and will be again no doubt. This is a story with no developments or conclusion. Those dang Feds are good. Right?

Edited by chelefoot
language

Not checked in for a while but see we are no further forward.

Gum continues to personally answer and address every post to string this long dead matter out for as long as concievably possible. Not seen anyone singlehandedly administer a thread on here in such a manner in such a long time. Especially one where no new information has been brought to the table for months.....

Just what am I missing here? We have incredible claims believed and defended by a few well meaning folks. Whilst the more discerning pick through the bones looking for just a sliver of validity. We've all been here a thousand times before and will be again no doubt. This is a story with no developments or conclusion. Those dang Feds are good. Right?

Welcome back Mark, I thought you disappeared. I missed the general cynicism they seem to reflect and so I can’t add much to your post either but then I can’t legislate judgment too my friend.

Edited by chelefoot
edited quote

Mark, we have come very far forward. The video I posted is the same story from the 1970's that Garrett is telling.

So, now we have time traveling involved with BF, it really, just gets more interesting as time goes by.

There has been lots of fun while you were gone, so don't get too exited reading the backlog.

Of course, it just raises more questions, but it does remain suspiciously similar.

If and when a body is discovered under strange and infrequent circumstances the usual normal for some unknown somebodies to throw down a veil of hush over everything and everybody yes, and including local law enforcement.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  IF it's an ongoing investigation, then the word can certainly be put out to keep it quiet as not to jeopardize the case, but there are no guarantees.  Locals do not work for feds.  Period.  At times, they don't even cooperate with feds.  Sheriff Joe in AZ. is a perfect example and Texas has plenty just like him.

Also, I keep seeing "park" and "NPS".  It's a national forest, which is very different.  NPS is actually In the Dept. of Interior, while the NFS is Dept. of Agriculture (I get confused which is which myself).  Different cabinet level departments.  Different policies, bosses, etc.  But, equally short staffed for even basic property protection duties.

FB1 walking into a local PD or SO is often met with eyerolls.  If they tried to get pushy or abrasive, they'd likely get an F-off and shown the door.  I can also say that without proper creds, you're unlikely to be allowed through the controlled access door at almost every post-911 department.  So, the mysterious guys in the office pool minivan would either prove WHO they are or get arrested for impersonating an LEO.  If they claim to be something other than LEO's, they will really be shown the door.

The sheriff is the conservator of the peace.  They take that seriously in rural Texas.  Unless this was totally in-house federal, the information would be really hard to control.  Unless there was a legit reason to follow someone and not provide information about them.  I don't believe this is the case with Garrett, but if the same person reporting Squatches is seeing them while tending his moonshine still, then LEOs may be unlikely to talk about them.  This would cause the general public to wonder about all the harassment, while every LEO is waiting to bust them for the non-squatch related activity.

As I've said, I can't say what's going on.  I am troubled by what's happened to Paulides.  Everything is documented and open with him.  He meets resistance and roadblocks, which could be incompetence or laziness.  That's easier to swallow.

The agencies you mentioned can and do have ways of opening doors commonly locked to outsiders make no mistake about it JG. Yup, you may get the occasional rolling eyes out front among their peers but in private it can be a whole different ball game that's all I'm saying about it.  

Edited by Gumshoeye