Campsite Destroyed

Well then what was this all about if you don't trust your sources?

As I understand it Diana said they saw it, evidently she knows them. She also claimed to see an unedited original version of the video in this thread that revealed a body stuck up in the tree. She was so overcome with horror that she had to withdraw from the discussion but came back into the thread with the supposedly edited video to demonstrate time stamps for where to look for the grisly scene. She forgot to mention it was an edited video until after the fact further whipping up the frenzy for gore. I can't attest to what Bob or Wes said since I didn't bother to listen to the pod cast.

@ Divergent - You can read as well I do, Divergent. I do trust those who did the same work as me. It was my question and their reply. Like everything else it was an opinion and I’ll take it under advisement and weigh the facts for myself. I've given it a lot thought considered some and reconsidered other but it doesn't change a thing for me thanks.  

Well then what was this all about if you don't trust your sources?

As I understand it Diana said they saw it, evidently she knows them. She also claimed to see an unedited original version of the video in this thread that revealed a body stuck up in the tree. She was so overcome with horror that she had to withdraw from the discussion but came back into the thread with the supposedly edited video to demonstrate time stamps for where to look for the grisly scene. She forgot to mention it was an edited video until after the fact further whipping up the frenzy for gore. I can't attest to what Bob or Wes said since I didn't bother to listen to the pod cast.

You can speculate what Bob Garrett observed like the rest of us but you can’t attest to what he claims he observed either unless you there on scene with him.

I would say no, but if Wes wants to comment on this straightforwardly, it would be nice.

Watching Survivorman, with Todd Standing, dramatic near death experience, he is screaming, etc...

Same old same old.

BF THAT KILLED HUMANS WOULD NOT BE LEAVING BODIES AROUND IF THE 411 BOOKS ARE A STANDARD TO GO BY, NOT EASILY ACCESSIBLE ANYWAY. THEY WOULD BE TAKEN AWAY AT ANY CASE, THERE IS NO RECENT HISTORY OF ANY SORT OF BF ATTACKS WHEN THEY JUST LEAVE THE BODIES.

Or are there? Wes? What say you? You have all the thousands of emails... :aikido:

Yes, the thread is now open.

MOD STATEMENT

There have been various violations of the rules in the past few pages. There also has been a LOT of off topic posting (which is not specifically against the rules unless it is trolling... and many of these posts were as close to trolling as you can get.

Stay on topic. If you feel you need to make an off topic post, explain the necessity of it, and how it relates to the topic.

Name calling, political references, trolling, or questioning a Mod action or Statement is not recommended. Consider this everyone's verbal warning. If you disregard this warning, you will be banned from posting in this topic.

In SC Episode 34 from 11/7/14 Bob Garrett is one of the guests. He says that they found out about two people being missing from the torn up camp while being interrogated by authorities after reporting it. This is at about 53 minutes into the program. He says that if they find the bodies it will probably be under a pile of logs somewhere or in the shallows with logs piled on top. At about 79 minutes he talks about hearing "blowing sounds" that didn't record on his video cam and seeing eye shine. He then talks of returning the next day with his wife and dog and being nervous, not wanting to fine a "body in the bushes". He talks of seeing drag marks where someone was pulled from the campsite and off into the shallows (he earlier mentions the lake that is nearby, behind the trees adjacent to the camp where folks launch their canoes). He then says they returned later, whether the same day is not clear, and that is when he saw the site being cleaned up rather than being investigated.

Just took a look at the pages several other programs are on and the date shown on each one is November 7, so take the above date with a grain of salt.

It was but it’s open so we’ll move along. Good to see you back CB

thanks Gum just boning up on my FRE for the MBE

I would say no, but if Wes wants to comment on this straightforwardly, it would be nice.

Watching Survivorman, with Todd Standing, dramatic near death experience, he is screaming, etc...

Same old same old.

BF THAT KILLED HUMANS WOULD NOT BE LEAVING BODIES AROUND IF THE 411 BOOKS ARE A STANDARD TO GO BY, NOT EASILY ACCESSIBLE ANYWAY. THEY WOULD BE TAKEN AWAY AT ANY CASE, THERE IS NO RECENT HISTORY OF ANY SORT OF BF ATTACKS WHEN THEY JUST LEAVE THE BODIES.

Or are there? Wes? What say you? You have all the thousands of emails...

Some information is expensive..... Dave Paulides agrees.....but IMHO Wes only knows what he was told....

Edited by clubbedfoot

Guest ChasingRabbits

Same old same old.

Or are there? Wes? What say you? You have all the thousands of emails... :aikido:

The bolding and font change are my additions. So the questions raised ARE the Missing 411 books the "standard" and  WHO determined them to be the standard?

IIRC, Paulides, himself, has stated that he cannot get all the reports he wants due to creative interpretations of FOIA. So his data is from a very select  set of cases.

In SC Episode 34 from 11/7/14 Bob Garrett is one of the guests. He says that they found out about two people being missing from the torn up camp while being interrogated by authorities after reporting it. This is at about 53 minutes into the program. He says that if they find the bodies it will probably be under a pile of logs somewhere or in the shallows with logs piled on top. At about 79 minutes he talks about hearing "blowing sounds" that didn't record on his video cam and seeing eye shine. He then talks of returning the next day with his wife and dog and being nervous, not wanting to fine a "body in the bushes". He talks of seeing drag marks where someone was pulled from the campsite and off into the shallows (he earlier mentions the lake that is nearby, behind the trees adjacent to the camp where folks launch their canoes). He then says they returned later, whether the same day is not clear, and that is when he saw the site being cleaned up rather than being investigated.

Just took a look at the pages several other programs are on and the date shown on each one is November 7, so take the above date with a grain of salt.

SC Episode 34 from 11/7/14 @ 53 min and 79 min.

Well thank you and welcome Airdale.  Just to be certain I’m not being played me like a penny whistle here and I want make sure I understand this correctly there were indeed references made to bushes and not a tree specifically.  If I had the time and the all the details form previous episodes I would work it backward and illustrate why this whole entire event doesn't make sense from what the public is told and why I remain steadfast in my refusal drink the juice that it was made up.

Here’s how a short example of how I would break this down:

1. A campsite is found.

Who:  Bob Garrett and party

1. Experienced Bigfoot Researcher
  2. Documented experience of Bigfoot encounters
  3. Familiar with Bigfoot habitat
  4. Familiar with Bigfoot behavior
  5. Interrogator(s)  unknown

When:  November 7, 2014 or other date

1. Nighttime hours of darkness
  2. Daylight hours of light

Where:  Sam Houston National Park

1. Campsite
  2. Public use
  3. Frequented by displaced people
  4. Party goer’s

What:  Torn Up Campsite

1. Observed drag marks indicative of person(s) unknown dragged
  2. Observed eye shine
  3. Heard sounds
  4. Felt nervousness

Why:  Campsite Abandoned Unknown

1. Party?
  2. Fight?
  3. Other?

Observations made from personal senses

1. Observed nighttime campsite destruction
  2. Observed daytime campsite destruction
  3. Observed drag marks
  4. Observed clean up
  5. Observed nighttime eyeshine
  6. Heard sounds Principle Bob Garrett and Party
  7. Heard interrogators infer two missing persons

Some information is expensive..... Dave Paulides agrees.....but IMHO Wes only knows what he was told....

I agree, that is truth.

The bolding and font change are my additions. So the questions raised ARE the Missing 411 books the "standard" and  WHO determined them to be the standard?

IIRC, Paulides, himself, has stated that he cannot get all the reports he wants due to creative interpretations of FOIA. So his data is from a very select  set of cases.

His efforts to gain access to information and details have been explained in his publications many times and the latest roadblock were untaken placing a fee so high that it makes gaining access cost prohibited.  So the eyebrows of suspicion cause people to ask why, what it is that is so important in NPS records that would such outrageous opposition to honoring a request to view it?

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest ChasingRabbits

His efforts to gain access to information and details have been explained in his publications many times and the latest roadblock were untaken placing a fee so high that it makes gaining access cost prohibited.  So the eyebrows of suspicion cause people to ask why, what it is that is so important in NPS records that would such outrageous opposition to honoring a request to view it?

True. It's like if you are doing a study on violence within elementary schools and the only data the school supplies is student-upon-student violence. The data will be skewed to kids beating up other kids. However, kids could be beating up teachers but since the school will not release those records, "it does not exist" due to the lack of a documentation. Even if  Mrs. Jones' fifth grade class witnessed Billy beating up Mrs. Jones, "there is no documentation" to back up their claims because the school won't release it.

Edited by ChasingRabbits

SC Episode 34 from 11/7/14 @ 53 min and 79 min.

Well thank you and welcome Airdale.  Just to be certain I’m not being played me like a penny whistle here and I want make sure I understand this correctly there were indeed references made to bushes and not a tree specifically.  If I had the time and the all the details form previous episodes I would work it backward and illustrate why this whole entire event doesn't make sense from what the public is told and why I remain steadfast in my refusal drink the juice that it was made up.

Here’s how a short example of how I would break this down:

1. A campsite is found.

Who:  Bob Garrett and party

1. Experienced Bigfoot Researcher
  2. Documented experience of Bigfoot encounters
  3. Familiar with Bigfoot habitat
  4. Familiar with Bigfoot behavior
  5. Interrogator(s)  unknown

When:  November 7, 2014 or other date

1. Nighttime hours of darkness
  2. Daylight hours of light

Where:  Sam Houston National Park

1. Campsite
  2. Public use
  3. Frequented by displaced people
  4. Party goer’s

What:  Torn Up Campsite

1. Observed drag marks indicative of person(s) unknown dragged
  2. Observed eye shine
  3. Heard sounds
  4. Felt nervousness

Why:  Campsite Abandoned Unknown

1. Party?
  2. Fight?
  3. Other?

Observations made from personal senses

1. Observed nighttime campsite destruction
  2. Observed daytime campsite destruction
  3. Observed drag marks
  4. Observed clean up
  5. Observed nighttime eyeshine
  6. Heard sounds Principle Bob Garrett and Party
  7. Heard interrogators infer two missing persons

I agree, that is truth.

At the most basic level you trust Bob Garrett's instincts and veracity....

Gum

Good break down on the events.

However, I would contend that Bob Garret does not have any documented encounters, unless you consider his anecdotes as a form of documentation. I would consider a documented encounter something that includes proof. Otherwise, it's just an unverified report, like the thousands of sighting reports we read.

Anything Bob says, regarding this event,  can't be taken as fact, simply because of the sensationalistic nature of his recent reports and his association with SC and a possible new TV show. As I mentioned earlier, this sounds like a viral marketing campaign to me.

Here's a question for anybody that may know the answer and may be an important piece of info: What happened to the spent 45 casings that were found all around the camp ground? I remember hearing about this on SC but don't recall seeing the casings in any of the videos...

What happened to the spent 45 casings that were found all around the camp ground?

Don't be silly, Cisco. Obviously the RBRT* used a brass magnet to spirit them away...

*Rogue Bigfoot Response Team

• Upvote 1