Campsite Destroyed

Guest ChasingRabbits

I take weekends off, Gum. ;-)

If law enforcement didn't take the call seriously and waited until morning to investigate it, some people should lose their jobs.

Point#4 addendum

People crimes otherwise referred to crimes against people as horrendous as they can be are by far more solvable on a percentage basis than let’s say crimes against property. So unless something else had occurred, the time and expense of cleaning up for a rather mundane occurrence such as vandalism of tress the next day doesn’t quite fit a round peg in a square hole. With that understood the scenario of a wild beer party gone wildly out of control doesn’t quite fit the possibility of the need for a hasty cleanup in a remote isolated part of the park or lack of 911 record history especially in lieu of time effort to cleanup and reroute other routine calls for service to other pre-assigned units.   

Guest diana swampbooger

There were 2 or more cameras filming the Torn Up Camp early next morning.

Wes @ SasChron announced, last night, some interesting future plans.

I take weekends off, Gum. ;-)

If law enforcement didn't take the call seriously and waited until morning to investigate it, some people should lose their jobs.

LOL … I work on my houses all week, except for Sundays. I know exactly what you mean thanks.

There were 2 or more cameras filming the Torn Up Camp early next morning.

Wes @ SasChron announced, last night, some interesting future plans.

Thanks for the heads up DS, keep us posted please. It sure would be interesting to know.  

Those were some interesting examples gumshoeye. Thank you for the information.

But I was trying to make the point as to why would the authorities respond to something that possibly had already been responded to. The 911 operator isn't going to give the caller that information.

In your first example, I'm sure the cleaning occurs immediately after the event. Otherwise what would be the point. We have the morning after video with the area still looking the same. If there was a need to cleanse the area why wasn't it done immediately after Garrett left the night before.

Maybe, as a few here seem to think, law enforcement was negligent in their duties, the whole thing was just a means to cover their behinds and nothing more.

Gum, I am very good at working outside my comfort zone as you say. But I am also very good at gleaning the facts from a situation and coming to logical conclusions concerning those facts. If I had stumbled upon that site in the woods, my first thought would have been... People are such slobs! Then I would have put the fire out and gone on about my own business.

As I understand it, of the four or five jurisdictions bordering the Big Thick Nation Preserve not one admitted to receiving any calls at that date and time and none of the dispatchers would disclose anything pertinent to the alleged event. A dispatcher with loose lips usually rarely enjoys a long tenure with their employer so, I would agree with that is a fair presumption on your behalf.   

To point of cleansing if that is what occurs, well having a little experience and observing various agencies including the military they are very large organizations that slumber like a big giant. You wake it up, and it takes some time for the giant to mobilize and react logistically and strategically. I will not say there was any negligence involved so that aside, when this large machine does awake it does so efficiently like no other organization.

Law enforcement is a first responder apparatus and reactionary in nature. I remember sitting all night in dark protecting a crime scene near an abandoned farm and some wooded area waiting for crime scene techs and investigators to show up for processing very early in my career. It was warm pitch dark but for my lights and I sat there with the body of a little boy who went missing partially concealed underneath some vehicle junk late evening and waited until daylight the next morning for the crew to come in and do their thing. Nobody sees things at night like they can during extreme light and daylight hours.  

@ Wag – I thought I skimmed something this morning about the SC controversy and written as a point of humor for laughs and giggles.  I couldn’t tell when or by who it was written it wasn’t important or worth my time.

Alright, bureaucracies are slow to move. Tell me, other than an embarrassment, from the day and night videos, what besides garbage, exactly, was cleaned up? Please don't say bodies, we've already addressed that and the evidence is lacking. Is that what the little comment about two cameras was about? Is there more that hasn't been presented here, other than hearsay?

Here I am thinking outside of the box, wondering why we should go any further inquiring into this subject.

Well I don’t know that anything was cleaned up do you? It was suggested by the principals involved the Garrett man had returned the next morning, if I understood this correctly, and he noticed the place was cleaned up. Anyone else out there more informed than me that can answer BTW’s question please feel to jump right in. 

My analogy of cleaning up as given earlier in my post was just that. If the place was cleaned up as suggested, I was asking aloud why any time and effort would be spent in some isolated spot near a dead end road deep inside the Big Thicket when everyone that has visited has experienced dirty toilet facilities and or over flowing trash bins where appearance and impression is everything. I thought it was a good question that hadn’t been asked nor questioned before.  

Guest diana swampbooger

The lake is right next to the camp site. Not sure how much of the body was recovered from the lake. If memory serves, most of the camping equipment was found in the lake. 

Not checked in for while but not surprised that this clusterflip of a story is still being considered as reality. Full marks Gum you really have powers of perseverance.

Loving the mangled body revelations from Diana. That corpse in the tree would have been simply horrific to witness. Thankfully like everyone else however, I somehow missed the body in the video...

Very much looking forward to this getting painfully stretched out for another 40 odd pages. It's all good PR for the Sas Chron guys as they grimly attempt to hold on their credibility. Wouldn't surprise me if there were similar threads being spun out on the other main BF boards.

There is cold hard cash to be made....

Edited by MarkGlasgow

Guest diana swampbooger

Gosh, Mark, I wasn't aware everyone had a chance to view minute/ second mark @ 3:22 through 3:24 of c2g's link on post #798 on this thread as there were 2 cameras filming that night plus this vid had been edited somewhat previously due to gruesome wedging of the body in the tree. 

My apologies.

So the video posted doesn't have the mutilated body in it? It's been edited out? It was maybe captured by the 2nd camera?

Confusing or misleading? Either way this has run its course.

Guest diana swampbooger

The video stated above has the body in the tree.

As far as I knew this video was not the exact copy released last year. I had not seen this exact copy.

I'm delighted you think 'this' has run it's course.

In my opinion, there are implications of booger behaviors not acknowledged nor discussed given the release of this video. 

By all means, feel free to excuse yourself from further discussions.

I'm smirking at the mental image, somebody not monitoring and not moderating but simply watching his fare like a time keeper watching clock, thanks nice try Mark. Shall I join the discussions on the other threads liven things a bit maybe? It's good to see you back again and you’re welcome to join the discussion anytime … Lol