Campsite Destroyed

What's so extraordinary? Check the news...people/things are killing &/or maiming other people/things all the time.

Two men torn to pieces with their bodies strewn about in trees and a third man injured and relegated to a mental ward (and I believe BG has said there are plenty more where these came from).  All from a camping trip.  A super secret, extra-governmental conspiracy involving multiple agencies, including the military and all-powerful electro-spy/hacking groups, constant harassment of entire families because they possess too much squatching knowledge.  And apparent claims of video proof of the existence of sasquatch, except it was stolen in the dark of night by the anti-bigfoot cabal.  All this without a shred of documentation.  Not even a speeding ticket or actual documented missing/deceased person.  Add to this devotee claims this is all evident to anyone, except a spy, in the available video...except BG says he learned about deaths and injuries from a supposed really, really sloppy interview conducted by some unknown agency, not the video he took.

That's extraordinary, even for east Texas.

Guest SoFla

Let's be honest here for one second OK Johnny, come on man-you know and I know and everyone who has been on this site for a week knows that it wouldn't matter what the evidence showed or what the claimants say you wouldn't believe that a bigfoot was involved-or at least you would never admit it......here.

One has to wonder what weight of evidence would it take, if say YOU were on a trial jury charged with convicting Bob Garrett and his son with the damage done at that site that night, what would your vote (from what you know about the case)  be?  Remember; people are sent to jail every day in this country and some are even put to death on a lot less than the proof provided by Mr. Garrett as to what was found at that torn up campsite.  

Edited by SoFla
Removed quote of previous post

I received a message from a fellow Palm Beach County Sasquatch enthusiast who told me that in one of his "areas of investigation" just this past week 1 man was killed and another has gone missing...

Who is this person? How does he know this? Who told him? Is he willing to go on public record clearly stating the what he knows?

...and he said he can't understand why there is not ANY reporting about this in any of the papers or news broadcasts.

Does there exist even the slightest possibility that no one is actually dead or missing, hence the lack of reporting? Then again, if the account is true, it certainly doesn't help (and seems a bit disingenuous) if he will not go public with the information.

So  do you think maybe that there might be some governmental interests who don't WANT this kind of stuff to hit the public airwaves?

If it happens (bigfoot attacks), I'd imagine that some factions in the .gov might want to supress the facts, sure. I doubt, though, that they could have anything approaching a 100% track record of shutting people up. If your premise is correct, then this thread demonstrates what a sub-standard job they are doing. The sticking point for me is not the claims of bigfoot attacks and the subsequent cover-ups, but the complete and utter lack of evidence of a cover-up. Zero.

Doesn't David Paulides citing hundreds and hundreds of similar cases warrant the same questioning?

The cases are not similar. Paulides cites the names of the missing along with those involved in the searches, descriptions of the circumstances surrounding the disappearances, police reports and/or the results of the investigations when available, interviews with witnesses, friends, and family members, as well as the precise locations of the incidents. No similar data sets are ever offered as corroboration in the "killer bigfoot" stories.

Also, isn't it curious that the powers-that-be allow Paulides to his publish his work if:

1. Bigfoot are responsible for the disappearances he documents, and
  2. There exists a government conspiracy to cover-up deaths and disappearances attributable to bigfoot?
  • Upvote 1

Let's be honest here for one second OK Johnny, come on man-you know and I know and everyone who has been on this site for a week knows that it wouldn't matter what the evidence showed or what the claimants say you wouldn't believe that a bigfoot was involved-or at least you would never admit it......here.

One has to wonder what weight of evidence would it take, if say YOU were on a trial jury charged with convicting Bob Garrett and his son with the damage done at that site that night, what would your vote (from what you know about the case)  be?  Remember; people are sent to jail every day in this country and some are even put to death on a lot less than the proof provided by Mr. Garrett as to what was found at that torn up campsite.  

You know nothing of me.  I've made it clear I'm not here for proof.  You are attempting to make it seem as though I'm looking for much more than I've ever stated.  I'm familiar with those woods and spend time there.  I have a vested interest in knowing if there is a man eating Sasquatch and black-ops mercenaries running around.  All I've ever wanted was a little corroboration to help overcome the obvious issues with the story, which everyone here SHOULD want before buying extraordinary claims.  We have nothing.  If it's there, then show us.  What we do have is only a few members attacking everyone else and using subterfuge and underhanded debate tactics, not to add credibility to BG, but to make any inquisitive member look like either a G operative or a BF denier here to troll.  None of the BG devotees here have helped his cause one bit, on the contrary...

Just a reminder from the BFF Rules and Guidelines:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. On the BFF we accept very little at face value. We may have a tendency to over-analyze claims and be more skeptical than some other forums dedicated to this topic, but we think that is preferable to the alternative.

Questioning claims, particularly ones like this one (dead, missing persons, murderous Sasquatch) is not only acceptable, it is (or should be, IMO) expected.  When the BFF members all stop asking questions and/or asking for evidence, I'm going to start getting worried. It's not just the skeptics/scoftics/denialists who ask questions around here.  Proponents do just as much questioning...and in many cases it has lead to stories being completely debunked.  I've read so many times that "people don't want to share here because they get attacked".  I don't buy that.  If I had a siting, and come here to share... I would welcome questions and give answers the best I could.  When someone does that, they are rarely "attacked".  When they get defensive, refuse to answer questions, complain about anyone who doesn't believe them...  then yea, things start getting busy. But there's usually a reason, as we all know.

There's lots of questions with this story... and no answers.  I hate to say it, but I don't think we will ever know any more about this whole ordeal than we do right now.

• Upvote 2

There are both skeptics and debunkers posting at BFF.  Skeptics aren't so bad but a debunker seeks to destroy as much evidence as possible.  I've seen these comments elsewhere that you allude to chelefoot, of people not wanting to share here due to the scoffers.  I agree with questioning things in order to derive the truth, but at BFF including some elements of this thread seems to begin with the premise its bunk and set out to prove that premise.  

Gumshoeye made an appropriate statement when he wrote,  "It sure seems like a significant amount of this argument comes down to an interesting question: are there points of view that simply are made to derail the thread or are they truly curious and searching for answers?"

Edited by jayjeti

Guest SoFla

Just a reminder from the BFF Rules and Guidelines:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. On the BFF we accept very little at face value. We may have a tendency to over-analyze claims and be more skeptical than some other forums dedicated to this topic, but we think that is preferable to the alternative.

Questioning claims, particularly ones like this one (dead, missing persons, murderous Sasquatch) is not only acceptable, it is (or should be, IMO) expected.  When the BFF members all stop asking questions and/or asking for evidence, I'm going to start getting worried. It's not just the skeptics/scoftics/denialists who ask questions around here.  Proponents do just as much questioning...and in many cases it has lead to stories being completely debunked.  I've read so many times that "people don't want to share here because they get attacked".  I don't buy that.  If I had a siting, and come here to share... I would welcome questions and give answers the best I could.  When someone does that, they are rarely "attacked".  When they get defensive, refuse to answer questions, complain about anyone who doesn't believe them...  then yea, things start getting busy. But there's usually a reason, as we all know.

There's lots of questions with this story... and no answers.  I hate to say it, but I don't think we will ever know any more about this whole ordeal than we do right now.

The problem is that people like Bob Garrett and Mark Saskey who I received a message from have no interest whatsoever in sitting through the scrutiny of people who they consider not worthy of the asking. These are people who are suffering through the worst possible conditions in the hottest stickiest climates on earth and to have some "idiots" (their word not mine) sit at their computers and question their integrity is laughable-they just say that maybe THEY should get out of their mothers basements and go into the woods themselves and find out FOR THEMSELVES whether their claims are true or not. Here Michele let me let Mark say how he feels about the skeptics that question 'his' claims; 

Crypto Reality: Another wonderful person bites the dust, banned for disrespecting the music I write, My film editing, the production and the evidence we work our ***** off to bring the public. I Left two groups today as well for the same reason. In the last six months In the field we have literally hiked the length of the state of Florida, broken ribs, been sliced up countless times playing peekaboo inside razor sharp saw palmettos, almost been killed by flying chunks of tree, almost had our heads pulled off by a giant hairy peed off, very real Bush Indian, had to run for our lives on 6 occasions, sweat out more gatorade than the miami dolphins of 72' spent thousands of dollars of our own money and been lost in areas that have most of the crap that can kill you in the state of Florida, but not in cages, Almost been bitten by venomous snakes twice, and basically sacrificed our entire normal lives in pursuit of what deserves to be shown to the world-Shoot, at this rate I'll be the only one who knows about my research in 6 months

You know nothing of me.  I've made it clear I'm not here for proof.  You are attempting to make it seem as though I'm looking for much more than I've ever stated.  I'm familiar with those woods and spend time there.  I have a vested interest in knowing if there is a man eating Sasquatch and black-ops mercenaries running around.  All I've ever wanted was a little corroboration to help overcome the obvious issues with the story, which everyone here SHOULD want before buying extraordinary claims.  We have nothing.  If it's there, then show us.  What we do have is only a few members attacking everyone else and using subterfuge and underhanded debate tactics, not to add credibility to BG, but to make any inquisitive member look like either a G operative or a BF denier here to troll.  None of the BG devotees here have helped his cause one bit, on the contrary...

You're right Johnny I don't know anything about you but truth be told there is nothing about you that interests me to WANT to get to know you better. What, just because you can write a very skeptical analysis and use big words while dissing people like my friend who wrote the above post is not much to want to live up to in my humble opinion. You SAY you know these woods-where is YOUR proof? Where are YOUR pictures? Show us something that you have done, something that you have found, some way that you have put yourself out on the line FOR and maybe you'll get yourself a new fan,a guy who will say; "hey say what you will about so and so but NOT about Johnny G because I have SEEN the videos of where he goes and I know that he walks the walk".

In the meantime I make no claims to say just who or what you are, all I know is you are a skeptical person who has little to no respect for any of the people who DO have my respect for being tough people, people who have proven that they can endure more than I can. That's why I defend the Bob Garrett's and my friend from Mark from Crypto Reality-at least they are DOING SOMETHING. With all due respect Johnny neither you NOR I are out in the underbrush in 100 + degree temperatures chasing answers like they are. If I'm wrong then I want to see some proof-from you.

Skeptic or not, you cannot simply base the truthfulness of an account on such things. The fact that Wes Germer stated that two individuals were killed and one left

in a mental institution should lead you to question why no trail of such a murder can be found. Yes, it is interesting that Garrett has not come out to deny that Wes

claim is false, but that is not exactly his endorsement of Wes claim either, he is simply no longer talking about it.  Two campers coming up dead should be something

we could pin down in a more exact way through county morgue or other records, not simply relying on second hand hearsay.  So kudos to the Skeptic for questioning

this one...with that being said I still am in agreement that such a situation is possible, and perhaps that whole gang was making a point, or attempting to scare away

the throng of wannabe researchers that can ruin a productive area...have you given that angle any consideration?  Throwing a rouge shark into the waters makes for

some pretty good surfing...

Nice posting Lake!!

So, it seems there are two camps I guess. Those who ask questions about the claims. You have to admit, they are fantastic. And, those who believe all questioners are subversives and plants.

I just don't equate wanting some little signs of corroboration with these things. The whole cryptid world is about asking questions and exploring things most people won't. That curiosity doesn't stop when in the company of other BF enthusiasts, and it shouldn't.

BG has made extraordinary claims. I believe his area is a hotspot of activity, some of it aggressive. But, there are doubts about the whole deal. No different than if I said I saw Sasquatch being hustled away in a UFO. Even the folks who've had close up sightings of BF or UFO's would question my account. As they should IMHO.

nice posting Johnny!

I have no clue who this Mark person is. I came to this thread for answers to the Torn Up Camp story. I've made no incredible claims. Neither do I live in a basement. I have a job. I am not a BF internet commando posting my experiences. I'm interested in the topic and explore it in my spare time. I've heard and experienced interesting things. I've never had a sighting. I'm not a debunker, I'm a fan. But I also smell BS at times. 80+ pages and, again, we have nothing but desperate defenders of BG attacking everyone and everything.

Now you're wanting proof I've been to the SHNF? It's not hard to drive there. I do not care what your friend has done in Florida. Again, I don't know who he is and have never spoken of him. I was interested in the SHNF, but, you seem to have taken this in a different direction. I'm not surprised.

Guest SoFla

I have no clue who this Mark person is. I came to this thread for answers to the Torn Up Camp story. I've made no incredible claims. Neither do I live in a basement. I have a job. I am not a BF internet commando posting my experiences. I'm interested in the topic and explore it in my spare time. I've heard and experienced interesting things. I've never had a sighting. I'm not a debunker, I'm a fan. But I also smell BS at times. 80+ pages and, again, we have nothing but desperate defenders of BG attacking everyone and everything.

Now you're wanting proof I've been to the SHNF? It's not hard to drive there. I do not care what your friend has done in Florida. Again, I don't know who he is and have never spoken of him. I was interested in the SHNF, but, you seem to have taken this in a different direction. I'm not surprised.

Oh you mean kinda like this? 

BG has made extraordinary claims. I believe his area is a hotspot of activity, some of it aggressive. But, there are doubts about the whole deal. No different than if I said I saw Sasquatch being hustled away in a UFO. Even the folks who've had close up sightings of BF or UFO's would question my account. As they should IMHO.

Oh you mean kinda like this? 

nice post SoFla!

Come on you guys-this is the new thing around here-show up and compliment every post just the same as the like-minded skeptics are doing!

PSYOPS. The kind that mess with people's minds.

Can you show me some examples here?

Johnny G, on 26 Jul 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

The whole cryptid world is about asking questions and exploring things most people won't. That curiosity doesn't stop when in the company of other BF enthusiasts, and it shouldn't.

I think people are taking anything at face value because they would rather have something instead of nothing to support Bigfoot.

Lots of stories looks like a lot of evidence, but when you start examining those stories for facts they all start to crumble until there's hardly anything left. That's why I think people hate it when stories and evidence are questioned and put under a microscope. It's like they view it as a threat to the existence of the field.

So what happens? It gets turned into a moral issue to make people feel bad. Make everything look like a personal attack, like the questioning will hurt people's feelings and that you're doing a disservice to the field. That doing so makes you a bad person with no morals, etc. Even now we're seeing veteran status brought up and how they fought for the country for freedom, and how could you talk so bad about one of our soldiers? Don't you feel so bad you mean person?

Seriously, how ridiculous is this?

The only thing people should be interested in is the truth, the facts. That's how you get to the reality of it all. Very little strong evidence is far better than a lot of garbage evidence. It needs to be questioned and put under a microscope- all of it. If you want people to take this field seriously then you need to weed out the garbage. It's like the difference between 'Legend Meets Science' and 'Mountain Monsters'.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 2

Guest SoFla

I think people are taking anything at face value because they would rather have something instead of nothing to support Bigfoot.

Lots of stories looks like a lot of evidence, but when you start examining those stories for facts they all start to crumble until there's hardly anything left. That's why I think people hate it when stories and evidence are questioned and put under a microscope. They view it as a threat to the existence of the field.

So how do you prevent that? You try turning it into a moral issue to make people feel bad. Make everything look like a personal attack, like the questioning will hurt people's feelings and that you're doing a disservice to the field. That doing so makes you a bad person with no morals, etc. Even now we're seeing veteran status brought up and how they fought for the country for freedom, and how could you talk so bad about one of our soldiers? Don't you feel so bad you mean person?

Seriously, how ridiculous is this?

GREAT POST!!! You Tell 'Em 

Guest diana swampbooger

Sure. Care to step outside the BFF?