Orangutan Learns To 'speak'. Could Bf Language Just Be A Mimic?

Cotter

http://www.wfmynews2.com/videos/news/weird/2015/01/13/21726275/

VERY interesting video. 

This 'tan taught itself how to 'talk', or rather mimic human word like sounds.  What I thought was interesting is that it also was tongue clicking and they mentioned another that learned to whistle.

Could it possibly be that "BF Language" like the sierra sounds are nothing more than a mimic or attempt to mimic human language due to observation?

This 'tan exhibits a ton of BF like behaviors (IMHO).

Thoughts?

I have visited those orangs at the Indy Zoo, just early this past fall.  They have an amazing complex that they live in, they have a cable complex about 70 feet up that they can climb too and move to other parts of the complex (other rooms, play areas, feeding areas).  Two cables one about 5-6 feet over the other, one for hands one for feet.  It is a heck of a thing to see!

SSR Team

Those Orang-utan's are in Germany 1980squatch.

We have a total of 35 reports with "speech" within the SSR, with 20 of those coming from WA State.

Unfortunately the clicking sound, as common as it is within Sasquatch sighting reports I've read, are classified as another vocalisation and combined with howls etc otherwise I think we would have seen a lot of them too.

Great find Mr Cotter and to me that Orang when speaking just sounded like another samurai chatter file.

• Upvote 2

So Bobby, the BIG question we should be asking is what the heck are German Orangutan's doing in the Sierra Nevada??

;-)

• Upvote 1

It's a start, no?

And haven't I read on here that BF is human b/c apes can't make consonant sounds and other word forming sounds?

Anyone that can clarify that would rock!

Guest ChasingRabbits

So Bobby, the BIG question we should be asking is what the heck are German Orangutan's doing in the Sierra Nevada??

;-)

Vacationing?

Seriously though, don't some Native American BF stories mention that they (BFs) whistle?

It's about forming certain unique vowel sounds. BTW, the sierra sounds are from beings which are initiating vocal communication with Morehead, so not sure who they were mimicing. It sounded the other way around to me.

SSR Team

;-)

Haha that's a question to be answered in the tar pit people cotter, not here..;)

It's a start, no?

And haven't I read on here that BF is human b/c apes can't make consonant sounds and other word forming sounds?

Anyone that can clarify that would rock!

If you have read it on here it's wrong C, these Orangs have cracked consonant sounds so it seems.

http://phys.org/news/2015-01-orangutans-consonants-vowels-evolution-human.html

I would suggest that the orang would have spent a lot of time in human company to have 'aped' this behaviour.

Is it really possible that a BF could be so influenced by humans as to routinely mimic our speech?

BFF Patron

Haha that's a question to be answered in the tar pit people cotter, not here.. ;)

If you have read it on here it's wrong C, these Orangs have cracked consonant sounds so it seems.

http://phys.org/news/2015-01-orangutans-consonants-vowels-evolution-human.html

As I remember from soyahoo, it is the quantal vowels sounds that seem to be done by BF in their calls. He can clarify or just look up his content and posts and you will find the answer under "quantal". 

I have heard the 'garbled' Sasquatch speak. I was separated by a river and could not close the distance.

Years ago, I was discussing Sasquatch vocalizations with a forum member ( I believe is still active ) via PM. The other forum member had a theory about mimicry : Sasquatch may be mimicking Chinese miners who were here during the previous 2 centuries. There were a lot of Chinese laborers in California, Oregon and Washington. They were very good at mineral extraction. The sounds coming from a miming camp would be a din to anything.

Are the reports of 'garbled' sounds specific to West coast events? Anything from East coast and Midwest?

The theory of mimicry of Chinese miners is fascinating.

What do the Yeren sound like?

• Upvote 1