Collection Of Voucher Specimens

norseman

...in the meantime getting all up in everyone's face about all you *know* about this animal you won't bother to confirm for science while denigrating people who want to do just that.

Just sayin'.

And that is exactly is EXACTLY what at least five branches of the federal government - with the cooperation of most pertinent state agencies - have been doing for BF for about 150 years, and it has worked pretty dang well. The two reoccurring problems are rouge BF that have to be taken care of, and dealing with folks that believe - and once in a great while - succeed in putting "one on the slab for science". (Their system of taking care of this last problem is a life changing experience for those folks with good - but naive and ill-founded - opinions about the the government's ignorance of BF and what they actually are.)

At some time the government will have to lay it all out for the public, but it won't be because another BF, or a portion thereof, is collected as another "voucher specimen" by some hapless hunter seeking fame and/or fortune.  

Produce some evidence of this

Not only for the American Federal government but the Canadian as well

If you can't produce this evidence of conspiracy then you are just telling a story

• Upvote 2

In other words you have nothing

As long as that is clear I won't waste anymore of my time on questioning you

Edited by MagniAesir
  • Upvote 1

Mr. Branco, as others have said here before, you are a treasure. How it is that you have any patience left to post here, I will never understand; but I'm so happy you do.  

Thanks also to southernyahoo for his seemingly inexhaustible kindness and his deep wisdom. 

We are lucky you are both here. 

• Upvote 1

While I sympathize with the mistreatment of great apes? Giving them constitutional rights i think is a tad much.

I think this is the snag that "proof" runs into with Sasquatch, because they cross the line that we draw in order to establish our rights which we put above any animal.

You have to understand Norse, I'd rather bigfoot were not so close to human, because this whole matter would be much easier, and probably over with long ago, but this won't make it so, and at some point we learn from history.

• Upvote 1

^^^^^^^^^

Your still putting the cart in front of the horse.

Chimpanzees are real animals, giving them special consideration because of their kinship to us is moot.

The point being is that if they were only a myth? There would be no court hearing.........

In other words you have nothing

As long as that is clear I won't waste anymore of my time on questioning you

If Branco proved they exist using the FOIA?

I would immediately stand down.

I wanna know why NAWAC is still at work in X.  They could succeed at any moment and...black copters? Oh...OK...

But this is why I advise close attention to the evidence.  It cuts through the subjectivity, and you aren't waiting for anyone to prove something to you when you figure it out yourself.

I've asked the following question a number of times and have never received a satisfactory answer. Maybe somebody can provide a solid answer.

If Bigfoot exists, it would make sense that our government is aware of its existence.

Why keep it a secret?

I've heard people say its because it would cause people to stop using public lands but this make no sense to me. If anything, it would cause more people to visit public lands, than ever before, simply to see one. It would also not have an impact on the timber industry, for many reasons, with the simplest one being they have coexisted with the timber industry for hundreds of years and current management has yielded more habitat than it did in the past.

So what is the reason or combined reasons to keep it secret?

^^^ IMO, there would likely be issues regarding legal status (such as the recent NY court ruling) and thus the incumbent societal implications such as where would they be classified (i.e., aliens in their own land as NA's were until 1924) and what legal rights would be imputed, et al..  IMO, the DOJ and Congress probably really do not wish to wade into that potential "briar patch" of items that would have to be addressed.

Guest OntarioSquatch

If Bigfoot exists, it would make sense that our government is aware of its existence.

Why keep it a secret?

Here are some possibilities:

- The truth about what exactly they are may need to be kept a secret.

- The logging industry could face potential loses in profit.

- Public fear of North American forests.

I can't think of any good reason for why they would want people know about this animal's existence.